How do i change the numbers on the displays

Intel HD Graphics
Go to solution Solved by Sfekke,
5 minutes ago, Intel HD Graphics said:

I have free version of windows 10 :/

Ahh snap, well that makes it really hard!

Either shell out € 3.99 for Wallpaper Engine, that fixes the issue really nicely.

Or get a € 23 Windows 10 Home key like Paul did here

*Not sure if I can link directly to key-retailers thanks to their .. unfavorable status*

Personally I'd pick up Wallpaper Engine, since it doesn't sound like you need much more then a simple new wallpaper.

It is by far the cheapest & I use it because it looks "hella swag" that .. doesn't sound right.

If spending € isn't an option .. I guess you'll have to save up some & deal with the eye soar for now, sorry :( 

Drag the monitors into the positions you want them to be in.

3 minutes ago, Densetsu said:

Drag the monitors into the positions you want them to be in.

Screen 1 and 3 are moniters and screen 2 is a tv, when i put screen 2 ubove screen 1 it does some weird stuff with my wallpaper but when i put it to the right of screen 3 it does not seem to affect it. I want to see if re numbering them will change it 

No the number does literally nothing other than show you which is which.

The position is what changes everything.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I use a wallpaper manager for multi-monitor setups. Windows does a terrible job.

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

No the number does literally nothing other than show you which is which.

The position is what changes everything.

When i position the tv ( screen 2 ) above screen 2 it makes this weird overlap with my wallpaper as shown below. @Densetsu @Enderman

image.thumb.png.737470903da61f2574927faa55ee6b47.png

Are you using different wallpapers per screen or something?

Are you sure the wallpapers are the same resolution as your display?

Try moving the monitor positions in your GPU control panel instead of windows.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Are you using different wallpapers per screen or something?

Are you sure the wallpapers are the same resolution as your display?

Try moving the monitor positions in your GPU control panel instead of windows.

i am using a 3840 x 1080 wallpaper but the tv resolution is 1680 x 1050 @Enderman

6 minutes ago, Intel HD Graphics said:

i am using a 3840 x 1080 wallpaper but the tv resolution is 1680 x 1050 @Enderman

Use photoshop or something to resize and crop it to the correct resolution.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Intel HD Graphics said:

As mentioned before :

10 minutes ago, Densetsu said:

I use a wallpaper manager for multi-monitor setups. Windows does a terrible job.

^

This is so true it hurts.

Windows ruins every decent looking wallpaper.

Wallpaper Manager is on sale now I think and I picked it up myself.

Looks fabulous imho especially if you start getting into GIF/Video wallpapers:

*3 Screens, all 1080P*

5b30838ca093d_Screenshot(5).thumb.png.f1926bfe8af63f4aa4be2bb0209f49dc.png

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

@Enderman So pretty much the wallpaper for the tv is too big and is going onyo my moniter, can i set a seperate wallpaper for my tv while keeping this wallpaper that spreads accross 2 screens ( 3840 x 1080 )

Just now, Sfekke said:

As mentioned before :

^

This is so true it hurts.

Windows ruins every decent looking wallpaper.

Wallpaper Manager is on sale now I think and I picked it up myself.

Looks fabulous imho especially if you start getting into GIF/Video wallpapers:

*3 Screens, all 1080P*

5b30838ca093d_Screenshot(5).thumb.png.f1926bfe8af63f4aa4be2bb0209f49dc.png

The problem i want to change the tv wallpaper while keeping the 3840 x 1080 wall paper that spreads accross my 2 1920 x 1080 moniters

9 minutes ago, Intel HD Graphics said:

@Enderman So pretty much the wallpaper for the tv is too big and is going onyo my moniter, can i set a seperate wallpaper for my tv while keeping this wallpaper that spreads accross 2 screens ( 3840 x 1080 )

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2984423/windows/how-to-set-different-wallpapers-for-multiple-monitors-in-windows-10.html

You might still need to edit the tv's wallpaper to 1680x1050 in order to have it work properly.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Intel HD Graphics said:

to 1680x1050 or did you mean 1650 x 1080 ?

You said "but the tv resolution is 1680 x 1050"

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

You said "but the tv resolution is 1680 x 1050"

oh yeah my bad, also how do i set the wallpaper to 1680 x 1050 for the tv ?

oh yeah my bad, also how do i set the wallpaper to 1680 x 1050 for the tv ?

Use a photo editor...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Use a photo editor...

I dont edit so i have no idea what to do here. As long as i have the wallpaper across my 2 screens without any interference i honestly do not care what the wallpaper is for the tv. also could it be because the 3840 x 1080 is set as a wallpaper for all 3 screens be the cause. ( i just installed the tv today and am wondering how to get this all fixed )

First select the wallpaper you'd like to use.

Then right click it in the Settings app & click "Set for monitor X" making sure it is screen you wish to use this wallpaper on.

It'll then apply that setting only to the chosen screen allowing for it not to stretch/center/etc.

Choose a fit should be on Fill/Fit/Stretch. fill being the best, fit being okay, stretch looking .. stretched.

Maybe this helps :

Try.PNG.0214a8fa3cdeca0bf7d142620ea46df1.PNG

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

Just now, Sfekke said:

First select the wallpaper you'd like to use.

Then right click it in the Settings app & click "Set for monitor X" making sure it is screen you wish to use this wallpaper on.

It'll then apply that setting only to the chosen screen allowing for it not to stretch/center/etc.

Choose a fit should be on Fill/Fit/Stretch. fill being the best, fit being okay, stretch looking .. stretched.

Maybe this helps :

Try.PNG.0214a8fa3cdeca0bf7d142620ea46df1.PNG

Either shell out € 3.99 for Wallpaper Engine, that fixes the issue really nicely.

*Not sure if I can link directly to key-retailers thanks to their .. unfavorable status*

Personally I'd pick up Wallpaper Engine, since it doesn't sound like you need much more then a simple new wallpaper.

It is by far the cheapest & I use it because it looks "hella swag" that .. doesn't sound right.

If spending € isn't an option .. I guess you'll have to save up some & deal with the eye soar for now, sorry :( 

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

Just now, Sfekke said:

this is on steam correct ?

this is on steam correct ?

Yes I included links, it isn't on sale like I thought.

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

2 minutes ago, Intel HD Graphics said:

Thank you :)

No problem ;)

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*