LG V30 or OnePlus 6? Which should I choose?

Hi.

I'm in quite the dilemma as I have a choice between the LG V30 and the OnePlus 6. Which should I buy?

The reason for me wanting the OnePlus 6 is the great and stellar hardware and Oxygen OS. God I love it. I currently own a OnePlus 3T and the experience so far with the OS is fantastic! However as I own a pair of Sennheiser IE 80S's and I would like better audio quality when I'm on the go, it would be nice to get the LG V30 as it has a dedicated DAC in the device.

Any suggestions?

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IIRC the DAC barely makes a difference compared to other phones.

To be fair, I wouldn't buy any of them, because they don't feature wireless charging, but if I had to pick one, it'd be the OnePlus.

11 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

IIRC the DAC barely makes a difference compared to other phones.

To be fair, I wouldn't buy any of them, because they don't feature wireless charging, but if I had to pick one, it'd be the OnePlus.

If you're using shit normie IEMs sure, plug something like Campfire Orion or hell even the $100 cheapies, the GR07 Classic in and you'll start to hear a difference between source gear.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Personally I'd get neither. Oneplus were sending a shit load of data back, personally identifiable at that, and my LG G6 is a pice of shit camera wise and I don't think the V30 is much if any better. Also the LG skin is really shit, it tries to be IOS but it is just a bloated POS with software you can't remove screaming daily about apps like SwiftKey and Airdroid draining battery because it thinks you aren't using them because you don't open the actual app to use them. Oxygen OS is great if you ignore the spying part, they have said they removed it but for me that was enough to never, ever, buy or recommend Oneplus again even though the hardware is great

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 hours ago, huilun02 said:

You don't need the V30's high end DAC unless you are using audiophile headphones or ones that have high impedance. Both supports Bluetooth aptX HD.

That aside, the V30 is still arguably the better hardware with IP68 water resistance, microSD slot, and uses widely available Quick Charge 3 instead of proprietary Dash Charge. Also, no fucking notch. SD845 vs SD835 is not a significant difference in practical use. If you don't like LG's software (which is closer to stock than it has ever been), you can install a custom rom.

And that's coming from an OP3T power user.

Now, I have something to say about the notch. I totally agree with you!... If we're talking about the iPhone X (The way Apple has implemented the notch is just horrible), however I personally think it's justified on the OP6 as you can just choose to not use it in apps. or at all if you really hate it :D I'm OK with the notch if that's possible :) 

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯