Haven't received Tech Linked shirt yet.

atma

I purchased the limited tech linked shirt on the 20th. 2 or 3 days after it was available. I would have bought it sooner but I was having trouble with the site and their customer support is pretty f garbage. 

It's been almost a month and nothing. 

I know I purchased the shirt because I've checked my bank account numerous times and the $29 charge is still there and I haven't gotten a refund. 

I Never received any notification that the shirt was purchased or sent or started to be packaged or Anything. 

I Did receive a sLoad of promotional bs, however. But after all this trouble I will probably never use the site again.

When I made the initial purchase it said I should expect the shirt around the 13th of this month. So today came and went. Nothing. 

I'm a fairly patient person. Im not writing this because I didn't get my precious immediately, but because when I logged into my account it said the item hasn't even been packaged yet "check back soon."

Let me calm down before I continue. 

I ordered the shirt at least 2 days before it was no longer available. 

I messaged their customer support about the stupid first purchase 10% code that didn't work. And bought it anyway without the f code. 

No notifications what so f ever. 

The deliver date keeps getting f set back. 

I'm beginning to f wonder if they have any shirts left. 

So I am writing today. Is there anyone else out there who hasn't gotten their Tech Linked shirt yet or has experienced similar issues?

Thanks for your time and hopefully you're a more patient person than I. 

Screenshot_20180614-004034.png

isin't it still in pre-production ?
didn't get mine either I think its happening soon.
image.png.c00e51ee0698bfb705eede3af004d634.png

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Hmm. I was under the impression others had already received theirs. 

theres a whole lot of f's in that post for somebody who didnt actually look at the original purchase long enough to see the expected ship date. 

tip: read things before spending money on them. or before signing anything, since if you dont do the first, i doubt you do the second.

@CPotter any updates on shirts before he find more consonants?

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Dear friend,

It was a pre-order item, I think printing only began in june. You know what would be best? I'll look it up for you. 

Expected shipping date is June 13th. That's yesterday for me, maybe today for you. 

Hope this solves the mystery! I hope all wearers of the T-shirt high five each other or creepily stare at each other on the roads when they see each other. Honestly, why else did you buy it.

2 hours ago, Tsuki said:

read things before spending money on them. or before signing anything, since if you dont do the first, i doubt you do the second.

Rule number one of online purchases :)

Try and track where the package is using the code provided, I know you say it says it has yet to be packaged but you may find out that could be wrong. If the package tracker says it's a distribution center, wait a week and if it still says it's at the distribution center you have to presume it's got lost or someone has stole it. I've had this issue before purchasing the LTT logo tee from the old supplier (Teespring), the shirt got so far then stopped at a distribution center after that no updates were given and after a week I knew I wasn't going to get it so I contacted Teespring for a free replacement. They did send a replacement out free of charge and received it but I feel sorry for companies like this since most of the time it's the shipping company that's at fault. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

9 hours ago, Tsuki said:

theres a whole lot of f's in that post for somebody who didnt actually look at the original purchase long enough to see the expected ship date. 

tip: read things before spending money on them. or before signing anything, since if you dont do the first, i doubt you do the second.

@CPotter any updates on shirts before he find more consonants?

Looking into this now.

1 hour ago, CPotter said:

Looking into this now.

If it matters, I haven’t received mine either yet.

11 hours ago, atma said:

-snip-

Hey!

Sorry to hear about the issues here. Always sucks to get delayed on something you're looking forward to receiving :(

Our merch manager just reached out to DBH to see what's up - he was told that the shirts have been printed and they're in the process of shipping out.

Part of the challenge for us is always the balance between effective cost, time to delivery, and quality.

We work with sites like DBH because they have the scale necessary to get decent deals on materials & shipping - if we were to run our own store we could probably reach the same or higher quality, but the price might go up by a couple bucks (if we're only selling a few hundred, or even a few thousand shirts per month, that's not a whole lot to cover ALL of the overhead associated with running something like a merch store), and the shipping rates would be awful, because we're located in Canada & we won't be filling enough orders to get good deals through companies like FedEx or UPS.

Running a "campaign-based" sale like we did here with the "TapeLinked" shirt allows us to take advantage of screen printing rather than direct-to-garment (which is how DBH creates most of the shirts in the perpetual store), which some people would argue is a higher quality print. But that leaves us in a position where we have to take orders to make sure the scale is there, wait for the campaign to close before they put in the order to print all of the shirts, and then go through inventory management & shipping from there. It can be a bit of a lengthy process at times.

Hope that provides a bit of clarity in this case. You should be receiving a shipping notification soon, and if you don't, please let us know & we'll see what we can do.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Hey!

Sorry to hear about the issues here. Always sucks to get delayed on something you're looking forward to receiving :(

Our merch manager just reached out to DBH to see what's up - he was told that the shirts have been printed and they're in the process of shipping out.

Part of the challenge for us is always the balance between effective cost, time to delivery, and quality.

We work with sites like DBH because they have the scale necessary to get decent deals on materials & shipping - if we were to run our own store we could probably reach the same or higher quality, but the price might go up by a couple bucks (if we're only selling a few hundred, or even a few thousand shirts per month, that's not a whole lot to cover ALL of the overhead associated with running something like a merch store), and the shipping rates would be awful, because we're located in Canada & we won't be filling enough orders to get good deals through companies like FedEx or UPS.

Running a "campaign-based" sale like we did here with the "TapeLinked" shirt allows us to take advantage of screen printing rather than direct-to-garment (which is how DBH creates most of the shirts in the perpetual store), which some people would argue is a higher quality print. But that leaves us in a position where we have to take orders to make sure the scale is there, wait for the campaign to close before they put in the order to print all of the shirts, and then go through inventory management & shipping from there. It can be a bit of a lengthy process at times.

Hope that provides a bit of clarity in this case. You should be receiving a shipping notification soon, and if you don't, please let us know & we'll see what we can do.

Thanks!

Thanks for the update Nick! Much appreciated.

15 hours ago, atma said:

-snip-

You sir, need to take a time out before anyone is gonna help you. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

On 6/16/2018 at 1:14 AM, Aakburns said:

Can this shirt still be ordered?

Unfortunately no - we did it as a limited run to celebrate the launch of the new channel. At this time there are no plans to do another run :( 

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2018 at 6:30 PM, nicklmg said:

Hey!

Thanks!

Finally Received the t-shirt the other day. I live in the UK and was charged £11.75 with customs handling fees which honestly I didn't think I had to worry about because it was clothing and only $29 so all in all £34 for a t-shirt... which is wayyy to much... I read you guys are in the middle of looking elsewhere for merch could yous consider somewhere with a EU/UK distribution center ?     

20 hours ago, Adam.. said:

Finally Received the t-shirt the other day. I live in the UK and was charged £11.75 with customs handling fees which honestly I didn't think I had to worry about because it was clothing and only $29 so all in all £34 for a t-shirt... which is wayyy to much... I read you guys are in the middle of looking elsewhere for merch could yous consider somewhere with a EU/UK distribution center ?     

You have to pay taxes on the product PLUS shipping.

So was the $ 29 for the shirt alone or was shipping included in that price?

6 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

It's a surprisingly complicated problem to solve :(

It's alright Mr. Techtips.

buy a regular linustech shirt &tear up some masking tape & stick it & use a marker to create the same effect . :ph34r:

Details separate people.

21 hours ago, Christophe Corazza said:

You have to pay taxes on the product PLUS shipping.

So was the $ 29 for the shirt alone or was shipping included in that price?

So it was $25 for the T-shirt and $4 shipping. And then £11.75 when it got to the UK...  

On 19/07/2018 at 9:18 PM, Adam.. said:

Funny story, I ordered a T-shirt from another YouTuber (Cleetus McFarland) who has his own store and does his own shipping. The item cost $19.99 USD (£15.21 GBP) and shipping (including packaging and delivery) cost $21.99 USD (£16.74 GBP), I waited about 2 weeks for the item to arrive into the UK (it was coming from Florida) but before the item could be delivered I got a notice from the Royal Mail in the post saying the item could not be delivered due to outstanding customs fees of £12.25 and due to this the item had to be handled at the depot which would cost me an additional £8.00. This confused me so I went to the depot with the order and evidence from the government website saying there should be no charge required for items under £135, the guy at the depot wouldn't budge and insisted the fees to be paid and said that what the government website says doesn't matter (which it does). I refused to pay the fees due to the fact that the Royal Mail are ripping people off and don't follow government guidelines, they think what the government says doesn't matter and enforce their own stupid guidelines. This situation has left me with one option and that is to wait 21 days and have the item returned to the seller along with a full refund in which I have contacted the seller via PayPal to say this would be happening and obviously require a full refund into my PayPal account. I obviously feel very sorry for the seller in this case because he shouldn't be out of pocket and shouldn't think it was his fault either, I mean how could he have ever known about these fees in the first place?...He couldn't of. The UK border force and Royal Mail are just idiots and just try to rip people off in every way possible. 

IMPORTANT (for people located in the UK):

If you are planning to buy merch under £135 from a country outside the EU, you may still be charged customs fees and handling fees before the item can be delivered. If any of you get this notice fight your case at the depot and demand the charges to be dropped, if this is unsuccessful say you are not willing to pay and demand the item to be returned to the seller after the 21 day window. Notify the seller/store that the item will be returned and request a full refund and just apologise for the trouble caused.   

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

On 21-7-2018 at 4:51 PM, Adam.. said:

So it was $25 for the T-shirt and $4 shipping. And then £11.75 when it got to the UK...  

I know, that sucks big time... :(