Best First Game for the Nintendo Switch

So I'm looking into buying a Nintendo Switch. I used to be a huge fan of Nintendo consoles back during the days of the DSi and original Wii. With the announcement of a proper Pokemon game coming to the Switch and a number of bigger titles already on it I think now is a good time to buy in. So I'm wondering, what are the first games I should be getting for my Switch so my first impressions are the best they can be. Thanks for the help!

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

9 minutes ago, Gamessys said:

So I'm looking into buying a Nintendo Switch.

Depends on what you like to play.

Hyrule Warriors is not bad and you can have fun for many days.

Breath of the Wild is also pretty nice, though on the harder side.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

3 hours ago, LordOTaco said:

Mario Odyssey is pretty great start to be honest. 

Yep.  Pretty fun game.

And if OP is into strategy games: Disgaea 5 Complete

Or, for some good JRPG:  Xenoblade Chronicles 2

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey are the big hitters. Pick the genre you prefer. For me, it's SMO.

Since you may be interest in turn-based combat, Mario + Rabbids is also neat. There are also a bunch of Wii U ports, which may be appealing to you since I get the impression you skipped on that system.

On 6/5/2018 at 11:39 AM, Gamessys said:

So I'm looking into buying a Nintendo Switch. I used to be a huge fan of Nintendo consoles back during the days of the DSi and original Wii. With the announcement of a proper Pokemon game coming to the Switch and a number of bigger titles already on it I think now is a good time to buy in. So I'm wondering, what are the first games I should be getting for my Switch so my first impressions are the best they can be. Thanks for the help!

BOTW if you want to play a good game and be a part of Nintendo biggest breakthrough, Splatoon 2 if you have friends with a switch or want a TON of replay value. honestly getting both will have you set for online and offline play for long enough until when new games you want are released.

You can't go wrong with Super Mario Odyssey and Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild!

On 6/5/2018 at 11:39 AM, Gamessys said:

Stardew Valley is pretty nice on the Switch. As others have said Mario Odyssey. If your a fan of the franchise, Crash Bandicoot is coming to the Switch at the end of the month. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.