3,1k $ monitor?! why? wtf

zindan

https://www.netonnet.se/art/dator/bildskarm/25tumochstorre/asus-rog-swift-pg27uq/1003498.8904/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwgMnYBRDRARIsANC2dfmO8bEY40fJ9LXtT8EMbiL9KXabZTuNiq6GSl423r4yY-0pZZqR09EaAq28EALw_wcB

I know the technology is new and all but 3.1k usd for a monitor? jesus christ why is it so overpriced? I could go to australia and get married 4 times for that money

1 minute ago, zindan said:

jesus christ why is it so overpriced?

Because 4K144hz panels are not cheap to manufacture, nor can yields be good right now.

G-Sync tax.

Q-dot is still fairly new and thus still not as cheap to manufacture as it could be.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Patents and product exclusivity. Yes, I hate it just as much as you do.

Keep in mind the Swedish taxes and other lovely fees attached to the price tag on netonnet. 

25 minutes ago, zindan said:

I know the technology is new and all but 3.1k usd for a monitor? jesus christ why is it so overpriced? I could go to australia and get married 4 times for that money

Australian here. Can confirm. Will sell myself for marriage for 4k 144hz Gsync gaming monitor.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

18 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Australian here. Can confirm. Will sell myself for marriage for 4k 144hz Gsync gaming monitor.

I think he'd be cutting it close. Average flight prices from Sweden to Australia seems to be about $2000 (though I guess once married, you could stay in Australia, so no return). The price of getting married 4 time and divorced at least 3 times seems like it would take it over $3100.

I'd take the monitor. 

2 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I think he'd be cutting it close. Average flight prices from Sweden to Australia seems to be about $2000 (though I guess once married, you could stay in Australia, so no return). The price of getting married 4 time and divorced at least 3 times seems like it would take it over $3100.

I'd take the monitor. 

I can find a cheaper flight, hire a lamborghini + a sweet ass house and start making arrangements with them gold diggers. 

2 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Because 4K144hz panels are not cheap to manufacture, nor can yields be good right now.

G-Sync tax.

Q-dot is still fairly new and thus still not as cheap to manufacture as it could be.

still... the price for the companies to make these monitors are like 60% less than the product( mass production)

2 hours ago, Cheezdoodlez said:

Keep in mind the Swedish taxes and other lovely fees attached to the price tag on netonnet. 

yeah true dat. 

It's simple - this is the best 4k monitor on the market and, as with everything, you need to pay exponentially more for the last couple % of performance. 

It has more than double the refresh rate of their current lineup. 

And it's new. Full HDR, G-Sync and Quantum Dot. 

Want it cheaper? Wait few years for the technology to catch up. Asus' first 4k monitor was sold for $3500 MSRP, by the way. That was in 2013.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/asus-4k-resolution-monitor-available-for-pre-order/

Now they sell their 4k ROG monitors for $800-900 and more pro oriented for around $1200. What a time to be alive ;-) 

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

8 hours ago, Lathlaer said:

It's simple - this is the best 4k monitor on the market and, as with everything, you need to pay exponentially more for the last couple % of performance. 

It has more than double the refresh rate of their current lineup. 

And it's new. Full HDR, G-Sync and Quantum Dot. 

Want it cheaper? Wait few years for the technology to catch up. Asus' first 4k monitor was sold for $3500 MSRP, by the way. That was in 2013.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/asus-4k-resolution-monitor-available-for-pre-order/

Now they sell their 4k ROG monitors for $800-900 and more pro oriented for around $1200. What a time to be alive ;-) 

good advice. I wanna se the tech in 10 years from now