This may start a fight, but please, act as grown ups.

Right now, should I get an AMD or Nvidia graphic card? Lookin' at the technologies that have been coming out lately,

it's really hard for me to make a choice.

And so I would like to ask everybody for their opinions on Mantle and G-Sync and other features

that have came out lately. As well as GeForce Experince and other software like ShadowPlay.

I would say AMD , the reason why is that G-Sync is yet to be avaible and the monitors are still super expensive so if you get AMD not you can actually get the FPS boost of mantle in a couple of months . When G-sync will become less expensive and more avaible i would say Get something like a GTX 880 with a G-sync monitor.

Interested in Business and Technology

Well I like Nvidia Myself

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Right now? I would say Nvidia because AMD's prices are quite inflated (depending on where you get it of course) due to the Bitcon/Litecoin miners out there buying a whole ton of AMD cards.

I'm really excited for G-Sync, but I can't say anything much about it since I haven't tried it yet.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Right now, should I get an AMD or Nvidia graphic card? Lookin' at the technologies that have been coming out lately,

And so I would like to ask everybody for their opinions on Mantle and G-Sync and other features

that have came out lately. As well as GeForce Experince and other software like ShadowPlay.

if you were my lil bro I'd say go for Nvidia's latest cards since it has shadowplay and he likes recording his gameplay, and this way you can do it without  affecting performance much.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

Budget, location, use? Its different for every price segment, country, shop,... and personal use.

Clearly Gaming and price isn't taken in consideration i would guess, It's more G-sync vs Mantle 

Interested in Business and Technology

It really depends on your specific needs.. 

I'm a framerate junky, and I get very annoyed by stuttering and tearing that most of my friends can't even see. I went with Nvidia for G-sync, while I generally recommend AMD to my friends so they can save a bit of money and still get very good performance..

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

AMD on budget, Nvidia for anything else.

Amd has shot through the roof lately from the mining "business" I wouldn't recommend it for a budget anymore :(

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

it's entierly up to you man .. firstly it depends on the budget and how much you want to spend, secondly, what features do you want? shadowplay won't mean shit unless you are a content creator, and gsync doesn't mean anything unless you buy a new monitor entierly just for the gsync support, mantle is good if you have a low/mid end gpu but you don't know how many games that will support it, as for true audio i don't really think you should let that effect your decision in the first place, so in the end .. buy whatever you want and buy what fits your needs.

Edit: btw i like how you are being condensing and preaching in the title when you don't even know this forum.

also take into account what games your going to playing, specific cards perform better in specific games. For example if your wanting to just play BF4 AMD typically provide better "bank for the buck"

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

AMD on budget, Nvidia for anything else.

Not for graphics cards idiot. And is on part with Nvidia and even better in some cases. AMD has some expensive cards too, so you're wrong.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

@tobben thank you very much for your opinion and I would also like to apologize to everybody that I may have made angry by the name of my topic.

Sent from SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

You won't start a fight. But there is no clear cut answer one way or the other. I personally want G-Sync and I was willing to drop money on a monitor but I know not everyone can do that so you might want the FPS boost that will come with Mante.

Choosing a GPU brand based on performance is stupid, both card makers have cards better at specific games and price points so just pick them based on what features you want. Nvidia has shadowplay and G-Sync and AMD has Mantle. Do you want framerate or eye candy or whatever Mantle brings or do you want tearing free gaming experience and smooth recording.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Right now, If you're on a budget, nVidia. They seem to be way cheaper than AMD equivalents now due to mining.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

AMD, and then i mean the r9 290. Just because i think in a while they might lower the price, because soon they might realize the mistake they did. And because it's a really good card (not Stock cooler)

CPU: FX-8350, GPU: xfx radeon r9 290, RAM: corsair venegance 8gb, STORAGE; seagate barracuda 1TB hdd, SSDnow kingston 120gb, CPU COOLER: CM hyper 212 , CASE: fractal design XL, PSU: corsair CS 650w 80+ gold MOBO: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3

I have an HD7870, but intend to purchase a GTX 780 in the next week. I was really excited about the R9 290, but a combination of very few aftermarket coolers (releasing on the 27th December according to overclockers.co.uk) and the price drops of the 780 (plus my increased budget) have led me to make my decision. I am excited about shadow play because although I don't upload gameplay videos, I would still like to be able to save awesome moments, and the ability to save the last 15 mins of gameplay is an amazing feature IMO. Hopefully it will allow me to get a clip featured on the Battlefield 4 Top Plays! :D

HTTP/2 203

@colonel_mortis wow, sucj coincidence, I was just watching the Battlefield 4 Top Plays :D Congratulations anyway to your 780 :)

Should be a poll. But nvidia because it has better power efficiency and less of the frame time nonsense. Plus, they tend to last longer.

Compatible with Windows 95

If you are on a budget and want great performance for the price, AMD would be a good choice. If not, then Nvidia. With the new AMD cards having aftermarket heatsinks they should be pretty good card. But it depends on whether you want Mantle (AMD) or G-sync (Nvidia and plan to get a G-sync monitor in the future).

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

amd ... the mantel will help more than just gaming 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

I'm saying NVIDIA, because of AMD and the E-tailers' greedy and disgusting price gouging during the Bitcoin Rush.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)