We need a way to identify which floatplane video is which yt video

RollTime

So for those of you who aren't on floatplane, here's the HP spectre showcase as seen there:

image.png.b71281d043e31783c9f21d9b2ddd4712.png

Here's the video on yt:

image.png.0240206da31ab4e6413c963c84785aea.png

The only thing that's the same is "HP elitebook showcase" and the thumbnail. The title on FP is much less clickbait-y. This makes sense. On FP, since members are paying for content, they're much more likely to watch everything LMG puts out. Additionally, there's no need to attract new members (at least through the videos themselves) since anyone seeing the videos on FP is already paying. Another useful addition on FP is the "Sponsored" tag which makes it easy to tell which videos might be a tad... biased. Here's the problem. It is really hard to tell which videos are which between FP and YT. There are some titles even more ambiguous:

image.png.f51d4d9daef4ffc991e8e1fe3fdc4a64.png

image.png.f7ceaa59a36eeee88505a1f57685d9e8.png

They don't even have the same thumbnail, and I had to check they were the same video by actually playing it. As someone who consumes LMG content on both YouTube and Floatplane, I'd appreciate an easier way to compare videos on both. 

it's time

Well i am autistic so i probably won't notice the 2(4) differences anyway i don't mind the clickbait it's their YouTube channel and they have a business to make and people to payout.. 

For me it's still easy to tell which one is you just got to spend a bit more time looking at it

As i am i don't mind if they'll keep it this way 

I see this more as a complaint than a problem you figure out which ones are the same by the Post you made now and here.

Sorry, but I don't think that's gonna happen. LMG on YouTube takes a much more 'Freemium' stance, with more exaggerated thumbnails and slightly clickbait-y titles. The easiest way would probably be to take a look at what product (etc.) they're reviewing, and compare with titles and thumbnails. My only question would be, why do you need to watch both videos? The floatplane ones are basically identical, save for no ads.

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

5 minutes ago, Redicat said:

Well i am autistic so i probably won't notice the 2(4) differences anyway i don't mind the clickbait it's their YouTube channel and they have a business to make and people to payout.. 

For me it's still easy to tell which one is you just got to spend a bit more time looking at it

As i am i don't mind if they'll keep it this way 

I see this more as a complaint than a problem you figure out which ones are the same by the Post you made now and here.

1 minute ago, bellabichon said:

Sorry, but I don't think that's gonna happen. LMG on YouTube takes a much more 'Freemium' stance, with more exaggerated thumbnails and slightly clickbait-y titles. The easiest way would probably be to take a look at what product (etc.) they're reviewing, and compare with titles and thumbnails. My only question would be, why do you need to watch both videos? The floatplane ones are basically identical, save for no ads.

I was thinking more along the lines of putting the YT title in the FP desc. And I like youtube's app better, given Floatplane doesn't have one.

it's time

1 hour ago, RollTime said:

I was thinking more along the lines of putting the YT title in the FP desc. And I like youtube's app better, given Floatplane doesn't have one.

Why can't you simply put the YouTube url in the description of the Floatplane video (after the video is posted on YouTube obviously)?

1 hour ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Why can't you simply put the YouTube url in the description of the Floatplane video (after the video is posted on YouTube obviously)?

Or that.

it's time

Why you watch LTT videos on YT? They are more or less same in content. FP sometimes gets some extra in content, but thats about it. Only WAN Show isn't in FP. Personally I don't see much point in this. Only for new users who would have to find titles not yet on YT. Which can be tedious when video gets stuck for months.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

34 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Why you watch LTT videos on YT? They are more or less same in content. FP sometimes gets some extra in content, but thats about it. Only WAN Show isn't in FP. Personally I don't see much point in this. Only for new users who would have to find titles not yet on YT. Which can be tedious when video gets stuck for months.

If I'm on my mobile, I personally avoid the FP website at all cost. Unless I download the video they are always out of sync so I prefer to use the YT app, and with all these simultaneous release sponsored videos, I'm not really missing much these days

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

6 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Agreeing with YoloSnail, I watch videos mostly on mobile and I like the youtube app.

it's time

19 hours ago, RollTime said:

So for those of you who aren't on floatplane, here's the HP spectre showcase as seen there:

Here's the video on yt:

The only thing that's the same is "HP elitebook showcase" and the thumbnail. The title on FP is much less clickbait-y. This makes sense. On FP, since members are paying for content, they're much more likely to watch everything LMG puts out. Additionally, there's no need to attract new members (at least through the videos themselves) since anyone seeing the videos on FP is already paying. Another useful addition on FP is the "Sponsored" tag which makes it easy to tell which videos might be a tad... biased. Here's the problem. It is really hard to tell which videos are which between FP and YT. There are some titles even more ambiguous:

They don't even have the same thumbnail, and I had to check they were the same video by actually playing it. As someone who consumes LMG content on both YouTube and Floatplane, I'd appreciate an easier way to compare videos on both. 

I just want to point out that the reason for the titles and icons on YouTube is for the "algorithm" that ranks and suggests content. It hasn't been a traditional algorithm in years now, and the neural network that determines a pieces's content favors clickbaity wording and bright catchy colours on icons.

In order to have any kind of organic growth as a channel on YouTube they have to follow these kinds of trends because if not their content doesn't get suggested to new viewers, even viewers explicitly looking for content on the video's subject.

17 minutes ago, Sniperfox47 said:

I just want to point out that the reason for the titles and icons on YouTube is for the "algorithm" that ranks and suggests content. It hasn't been a traditional algorithm in years now, and the neural network that determines a pieces's content favors clickbaity wording and bright catchy colours on icons.

In order to have any kind of organic growth as a channel on YouTube they have to follow these kinds of trends because if not their content doesn't get suggested to new viewers, even viewers explicitly looking for content on the video's subject.

I'm fully aware. I understand they have to do this (I mentioned it indirectly). However, I'm saying I want a way to tell which video on yt is which video on Floatplane, even if it's a link in the FP description.

it's time

I do agree, but I mean you can just check the video on YouTube. But it is always convinient.

20 hours ago, RollTime said:

Here's the video on yt:

6 hours ago, RollTime said:

However, I'm saying I want a way to tell which video on yt is which video on Floatplane, even if it's a link in the FP description.

As I have suggested in a few posts above: include a link in the FP description that directs the viewer to YT. (Obviously only possible after the YT video is published.)

If you're suggesting floatplane videos should have the youtube clickbait titles and thumbs, please ingest 30$ cyanide then 3000$ cyanide.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

26 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

If you're suggesting floatplane videos should have the youtube clickbait titles and thumbs, please ingest 30$ cyanide then 3000$ cyanide.

No, that's not at all what I'm suggesting.

(I'm fairly sure I'd only have one opportunity to test cyanide so maybe not a good pick for BuzzFeed)

I mean put a link to the video on YT in the floatplane desc, as has been mentioned.

it's time

1 hour ago, RollTime said:

No, that's not at all what I'm suggesting.

(I'm fairly sure I'd only have one opportunity to test cyanide so maybe not a good pick for BuzzFeed)

I mean put a link to the video on YT in the floatplane desc, as has been mentioned.

lol. TBH I don't think they want to go back a week and edit old posts whenever the roll a video to youtube, as simple as it sounds. I really dont see the problem, but I don't watch them on YT much. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

9 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

lol. TBH I don't think they want to go back a week and edit old posts whenever the roll a video to youtube, as simple as it sounds. I really dont see the problem, but I don't watch them on YT much. 

For me YouTubes app is the place where I get most of my content (I hardly ever watch stuff on desktop) and I wanted a way to tell which video was which. What I’d really like is if floatplane integrated with YouTube somehow and gave people special access (though I’m aware they won’t do this since they’re trying to build up the site).

it's time

43 minutes ago, RollTime said:

For me YouTubes app is the place where I get most of my content (I hardly ever watch stuff on desktop) and I wanted a way to tell which video was which. What I’d really like is if floatplane integrated with YouTube somehow and gave people special access (though I’m aware they won’t do this since they’re trying to build up the site).

I'm sure the site will be responsive when done, and they might make an app I suppose.

muh specs 

All parts black