LTT forum slow loading for last week?

Hi,

I have been noticing that the forum loads really slow on Chrome for the last week. Has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers.

"To the wise, life is a problem; to the fool, a solution" (Marcus Aurelius)

I had that too, I had to close all my other tabs to load it.

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

I've had this on Safari on my iPad. I've also had it with PCPartPicker and the Kerbal Space Program forums, but nowhere else. It'll take up to a minute to load.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

14 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I only use the forum on Chrome if I'm using it on my phone, but it hasn't seemed slower than usual.

I haven´t checked it on my phone yet, but that´s because I never use it on my phone.

10 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

I've had this on Safari on my iPad. I've also had it with PCPartPicker and the Kerbal Space Program forums, but nowhere else. It'll take up to a minute to load.

I don´t have it with other websites as far as I´ve noticed.

I use Chrome al the time, but I haven’t noticed any difference in page load times. Not for the LTT forum, nor for any orher website.

I use Firefox, hardly notice any slow down.  But, I do use script blockers to keep website bloat down.

It loads around under 4.3s for me.

5afb6b0fa0227_Screenshotat2018-05-1519-18-39.thumb.png.249de138acdb327967979b4962e0bfca.png

I say open the up the inspector console and select network to see what taking longest to load.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Using Chrome on my work PC. Loads fine (<1second).

Seems alright for me:

zu78dZK.gif

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

9 hours ago, IntMD said:

Using Chrome on my work PC. Loads fine (<1second).

8 hours ago, Ezzy-525 said:

Seems alright for me:

zu78dZK.gif

Hmm, guess it's my internet speed then... however when doing several speed tests I come to the same speed as I have been for years now.

22 hours ago, Zandvliet said:

Hmm, guess it's my internet speed then... however when doing several speed tests I come to the same speed as I have been for years now.

How slow is it loading for you (roughly in seconds), and what's the output of https://linustechtips.com/cdn-cgi/trace (you can remove your IP if you like)?

HTTP/2 203

14 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

How slow is it loading for you (roughly in seconds), and what's the output of https://linustechtips.com/cdn-cgi/trace (you can remove your IP if you like)?

It varies a lot. Currently it is working fine and loads every page within seconds. However, sometimes it takes up to 2 minutes before pages a loaded while other websites are loading fine.

Here is the output:

fl=21f51
h=linustechtips.com
ts=1526581758.137
visit_scheme=https
uag=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/66.0.3359.139 Safari/537.36
colo=LHR
spdy=h2
http=h2
loc=NL

On 17/05/2018 at 7:31 PM, Zandvliet said:

It varies a lot. Currently it is working fine and loads every page within seconds. However, sometimes it takes up to 2 minutes before pages a loaded while other websites are loading fine.

Here is the output:

fl=21f51
h=linustechtips.com
ts=1526581758.137
visit_scheme=https
uag=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/66.0.3359.139 Safari/537.36
colo=LHR
spdy=h2
http=h2
loc=NL

For some reason, according to that you are being routed to Cloudflare's London datacentre rather than the one in Amsterdam or one of the many other ones around Europe, which is unlikely to be the root cause of the problems but suggest that it many be an issue on your ISP's end, with their connection to Cloudflare (which is our CDN). It doesn't conclusively prove it, and the issue could be slightly further up the chain, but as nobody else is reporting a problem I'm afraid it's unlikely to be on our end, so there's probably nothing we can do.

HTTP/2 203

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

For some reason, according to that you are being routed to Cloudflare's London datacentre rather than the one in Amsterdam or one of the many other ones around Europe, which is unlikely to be the root cause of the problems but suggest that it many be an issue on your ISP's end, with their connection to Cloudflare (which is our CDN). It doesn't conclusively prove it, and the issue could be slightly further up the chain, but as nobody else is reporting a problem I'm afraid it's unlikely to be on our end, so there's probably nothing we can do.

I use PIA to connect to the UK (automatically) I will try another server as I recall the problems did start somewhere around the time I obtained PIA. Thanks for the help, I figured there would be a solution, but was just curious if the problem happened elsewhere.