Is a stock cooler included?

Msuni
Go to solution Solved by Msuni,
17 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I must say its odd decision when you said you don't want to invest on cooler. Now you might end up investing twice for cooler if 212X isn't performing to your expectations.

I was just not going to order a cooler and instead upgrade my PSU but then decided to go with a cooler instead of a PSU. :)

So im thinking of buying an i7 8700k so i was wondering does it come with a stock cooler? Or does it depend on the seller.

No, the 8700K and 8600K do not come with stock coolers.

The non-K variants do I believe come with one.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I think Intel stopped bundling stock coolers with unlocked SKU's. If you're getting a K series CPU, you should also get an aftermarket heatsink.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

You could buy the i7 8700 instead which is the Same CPU as the i7 8700K but it comes with a stock cooler, you don't seem like the type that wants to overclock any ways...

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

7 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

You could buy the i7 8700 instead which is the Same CPU as the i7 8700K but it comes with a stock cooler, you don't seem like the type that wants to overclock any ways...

I want to overclock eventually but don't want to invest in a cooler at the moment. I'm a pc so apologise if this is a stupid question, CAN i use my current cooler on the i7 8700k which is the stock one which came with the i5 6500

1 minute ago, October22nd said:

I want to overclock eventually but don't want to invest in a cooler at the moment. I'm a pc so apologise if this is a stupid question, CAN i use my current cooler on the i7 8700k which is the stock one which came with the i5 6500

Technically you can fit it in however the i7 8700K is a very hot CPU, it has 95W TDP rating and that cooler is for 65W TDP CPUs... Also not work spending extra money to overclock the i7 8700K, you'll only get about 500mhz extra on the core clock which doesn't even make a difference in gaming right now as it's stock boosts are always enough to extract any GPU full's potential.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

Technically you can fit it in however the i7 8700K is a very hot CPU, it has 95W TDP rating and that cooler is for 65W TDP CPUs... Also not work spending extra money to overclock the i7 8700K, you'll only get about 500mhz extra on the core clock which doesn't even make a difference in gaming right now as it's stock boosts are always enough to extract any GPU full's potential.

Thank you for the info. The Cooler Master Hyper 212x, which i believe is the one that you own, is a "cheap" cooler, is it worth it?

25 minutes ago, October22nd said:

So im thinking of buying an i7 8700k so i was wondering does it come with a stock cooler? Or does it depend on the seller.

NO! k processors no longer come with stock coolers.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

3 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

NO! k processors no longer come with stock coolers.

Got it thank you. :)

20 hours ago, October22nd said:

It will fit and you can set manual voltage or undervolt/underclock until you have money to buy decent cooler.

19 hours ago, October22nd said:

Thank you for the info. The Cooler Master Hyper 212x, which i believe is the one that you own, is a "cheap" cooler, is it worth it?

Vs using older stock cooler or buying actually cooler which would be worth your CPU? No, imo its not. I wouldn't buy anything less than 140mm single tower cooler (Dark Rock 3, U14S etc.) for i7 which is known to be hot. The difference in pricing is only €$50 between cheap cooler and better ones. At most. Where you can get cheap ones at $€30 and high-end already at €$80-100. Not to mention midrange being at €$60-70. Plus there are other, maybe bit cheaper midrange option than what I mentioned.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

It will fit and you can set manual voltage or undervolt/underclock until you have money to buy decent cooler.

Vs using older stock cooler or buying actually cooler which would be worth your CPU? No, imo its not. I wouldn't buy anything less than 140mm single tower cooler (Dark Rock 3, U14S etc.) for i7 which is known to be hot. The difference in pricing is only €$50 between cheap cooler and better ones. At most. Where you can get cheap ones at $€30 and high-end already at €$80-100. Not to mention midrange being at €$60-70. Plus there are other, maybe bit cheaper midrange option than what I mentioned.

Thanks for the info, but i have already ordered the Cooler Master Hyper 212x :)

2 hours ago, October22nd said:

Thanks for the info, but i have already ordered the Cooler Master Hyper 212x :)

I must say its odd decision when you said you don't want to invest on cooler. Now you might end up investing twice for cooler if 212X isn't performing to your expectations.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

17 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I was just not going to order a cooler and instead upgrade my PSU but then decided to go with a cooler instead of a PSU. :)