4K PS4 VS 1080P PC HIGH??? What’s equivalent Pc setting to PS4’s?

WolfLoverPro

I wonna know what looks Bette and no ones done video on YouTube about 

PS4 4K vs 1080p pc high 

reason I say is cuz my pc only runs games at 1080p high max well new games .....exact I’m talking far cry 5 here I got it today

so idk just wondering as 4K just the resolution so bout like settings what’s better ? Pc high or PS4 whatever it uses idk 

i get worse frames than console sometimes lol or I get like 40 to dips to 30 possibly quickly to 28 so uhhhhh yeah......

but what what looks better 4K PS4 or 1080p pc BUT HIGH SETTINGS as idk what PS4 uses is it medium high low ultra?

?

3 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

The PS4 Pro is more like 1440p most of the time.

The PC would likely be a better experience due to higher frame rates overall.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Most PS4 games do not run at 4k, they are scaled to 4k from something like 1080p or 1440p.

PS4 usually uses something close to medium, possibly with some high settings mixed in from games I have seen.

The PlayStation 4 does not have any games that run in 4k from what I know.

A PC will be able to run games at a higher frame rate and will also look better depending on the settings you choose. But this also does depend on the hardware of the PC.

8 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Most PS4 games do not run at 4k, they are scaled to 4k from something like 1080p or 1440p.

PS4 usually uses something close to medium, possibly with some high settings mixed in from games I have seen.

8 minutes ago, Keelan said:

The PlayStation 4 does not have any games that run in 4k from what I know.

A PC will be able to run games at a higher frame rate and will also look better depending on the settings you choose. But this also does depend on the hardware of the PC.

Dats what I mean my pc only runs it at 1080p high with like shit 45 M.A.X I’m busy areas dipping to 30 so uhhhhhhhhh yeah? 

On medium i could get stable fps I guess but I am person who does not like putting settings down wether it lags or not lol 

but but that’s why PS4 would be better cuz idk?? Does it look better than 1080p pc high as idk what PS4 would run games at like high or low plus it has better FPS or at least don’t lag drops like mine from 45 to 30

13 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Dats what I mean my pc only runs it at 1080p high with like shit 45 M.A.X I’m busy areas dipping to 30 so uhhhhhhhhh yeah? 

On medium i could get stable fps I guess but I am person who does not like putting settings down wether it lags or not lol 

but but that’s why PS4 would be better cuz idk?? Does it look better than 1080p pc high as idk what PS4 would run games at like high or low plus it has better FPS or at least don’t lag drops like mine from 45 to 30

well, it would be interesting to know your pc specs.

On 24/04/2018 at 1:42 AM, jefire411 said:

well, it would be interesting to know your pc specs.

I5 4690 NOOOOT K VERSION 

1050 NOOOOOOT 4GB it’s 2gb 

uhh 8gb ram

On 25/04/2018 at 5:04 PM, WolfLoverPro said:

I5 4690 NOOOOT K VERSION 

1050 NOOOOOOT 4GB it’s 2gb 

uhh 8gb ram

ur probably on par with ps4 pro specs to be fair dude, just pc is more customisable with settings ect so u can have a smoother experience at the cost of visuals if u so chose 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

1080p will still give you the Textures ect that the PS4 dont. 4K is way too overrated btw.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

On 24.4.2018 at 2:19 AM, Keelan said:

This generalisation is just bullshit.

And just look at the Hardware of the PS4 and then look at what PC you need to compete with that.

The PS4 PRO cost around 400€ or so and has an equivalent to a Radeon RX480 or 580 inside, CPU is a special kind, where there isn't anything comparable in the PC.

And that is the point all you guys here are missing:

You need better/more expensive hardware to compete with the PS4 PRO.

That more expensive Hardware allows for higher details should be obvious, shoudln't it??

Anyway:

When comparing PS4 Pro to a Pentium/Celeron with a GPU like a 1030 or 1050, the PS4 beats the shit out of the PC!

When comparing a 1000€ PC with high(est) End Components, the PC is better but also cost an order of magnitudes more!

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

On 4/27/2018 at 3:26 PM, Stefan Payne said:

The PS4 PRO cost around 400€ or so and has an equivalent to a Radeon RX480 or 580 inside, CPU is a special kind, where there isn't anything comparable in the PC.

How is the cpu not comparable? PS4 (pro) uses AMD Jaguar cores, which are a known element here (and are closer to Atom in performance than anything called Core). Besides having 8 cores, nothing really standout about it.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

2 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

How is the cpu not comparable?

Because there is no Jaguar Core based CPU with a decent memory Interface on the Market.

Just look at how much Single Channel to Dual Channel makes...

2 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

PS4 (pro) uses AMD Jaguar cores, which are a known element here (and are closer to Atom in performance than anything called Core). Besides having 8 cores, nothing really standout about it.

Again, with the misinformation...

1. As I said. there is no Jaguar Based CPU with a decent Memory Interface on the Market.

2. It destroys most Atoms by far and is more like a Phenom, just at very low clockrates, because its optimized for Power Efficiency.

And if you think about power efficiency, Jaguar is really good and better than anything else available at the time.

And the point you are missing is software optimization, that can also get a bunch of more performance.

What "looks better" is in the eye of the beholder. Some people care more about texture quality, some care more about shading/lighting, some care more about resolution. Etc.

Generally speaking, PS4 games set to "4k" are running the PC equivalent to low or medium depending on the game. The texture quality, level of detail, shadow and light distance and quality is usually reduced quite a bit to keep the game playable in 4k mode. The only real caveat to "4k" on the PS4 Pro is significantly reduced aliasing.

You can very easily simulate the PS4's capabilities on your own system. The PS4 Pro is somewhere around a GTX 1050Ti. Simply enable DSR on your computer and tinker around. Just keep in mind that in 4k mode, the vast majority of games aren't true 4k. Most games with 4k checkerboarding is actually 3200x1800, while others are 1440p upscaled.

https://www.gamesradar.com/ps4-pro-confirmed-games-list/

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-6850k @ 4.2GHz

GPU: 2x FE GTX 1080Ti

Memory: 16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4 3200MHz

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 4

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

Memory: 8GB Curcial Ballistix DDR4 2133MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H

12 minutes ago, Frankenburger said:

The PS4 Pro is somewhere around a GTX 1050Ti.

Can you pls stop the FUD or read what People before you posted??

The PS4 Pro has a Polaris based GPU with 256bit Memory -> RX480/580.

So the graphics capabilitys are very well known and if used right, it can be somewhere around 1070 level.

And you are, again, missing the Software Side of the consoles and completely ignore it...

8 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

The PS4 Pro has a Polaris based GPU with 256bit Memory -> RX480/580.

So the graphics capabilitys are very well known and if used right, it can be somewhere around 1070 level.

And yet, side by side comparisons of the PS4 Pro and a GTX 1050 Ti equipped PC show almost identical results :D

Tech specs are only one part of the equation my friend. And no, it can't be around the 1070 level. If tech specs is all you care about, then consider the PS4 Pro only manages 4.2 TFLOPS on the GPU. For comparison, the RX 470 manages 4.9 TFLOPS.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

2 hours ago, Frankenburger said:

And yet, side by side comparisons of the PS4 Pro and a GTX 1050 Ti equipped PC show almost identical results 

Have you any proof of that?
And "almost" is an interesting point.

I can play games with my Tahitis and have "almost" the same result as my RX480.

Have to reduce the details a bit, but hey, its almos the same, isn't it??

Tech specs are only one part of the equation my friend.

Yes, and the software is another point.

When the software is optimized well, it performs better on the plattform.

And since we are talking about a console with APIs that are made for them, you should expect better performance than on a PC.

And no, it can't be around the 1070 level.

Because you say so and strongly believe?!
Or what are you telling here?

Remember, we are talking about consoles with custom APIs that are made for them.

And the software can be optimized to that plattform because there is only one architecture you have to think about (well; OK, its more like two, but its rather an evolution than a revolution)...

But now to the facts:
Look at that:

http://gamegpu.com/rpg/ролевые/nioh-complete-edition-test-gpu-cpu

52/59fps for the 580, 44/57 for the 1060/6GB.

The 1070 is around 60/60, so not that much difference.

Or that one:

http://gamegpu.com/rpg/ролевые/ni-no-kuni-ii-revenant-kingdom-test-gpu-cpu

Again, proves your claim that its "around 1050ti level" totally wrong, couldn't be any more false...

If tech specs is all you care about, then consider the PS4 Pro only manages 4.2 TFLOPS on the GPU. For comparison, the RX 470 manages 4.9 TFLOPS.

Yes and??
There are other things that are also a factor other than "TFlops", that can be used by the developer to get more performance out of the system.

And since we are talking about consoles with different programming stuff, its more than likely that they can use the performance of the console better and have "lower losses" on the software side.

So again, your claim that its around 1050ti level is just bullshit.

50 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Have you any proof of that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAN2_nEpArw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1unp2De4-U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUx0EjM8sy4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PP8MNXCJkQ

Remember, we are talking about consoles with custom APIs that are made for them.

Custom API's don't make hardware jump up a performance bracket. As you can see in the above links, the 1050Ti is within spitting distance of the PS4 Pro at comparable graphics.

52/59fps for the 580, 44/57 for the 1060/6GB.

The 1070 is around 60/60, so not that much difference.

This is so wrong, it hurts. The 1070 is more than 25% faster than the 580, and more than 30% faster than a 1060.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Sapphire/RX_580_Nitro_Plus/30.html

There are other things that are also a factor other than "TFlops", that can be used by the developer to get more performance out of the system.

And yet, it's a well known fact that games on the PS4 Pro are just slightly north of a 1050Ti, and arguably on par with a RX 470.

Don't get your undies in a bunch. I'm not saying the PS4 Pro is bad, just that OP can get a rough idea by using his system as a point of reference. If it's any consolation, if we were talking about the Xbox One X, then you'd be correct. But honestly, stop worrying so much about theoretical numbers and start looking at real world comparisons, and you'll understand where I'm coming from.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

23 minutes ago, Frankenburger said:

Yes and what about the Settings?!

Are they comparable or aren't they? 

Do you know the settings of the Console Version?!

Did he research it and set it accordingly or didn't he do it and just set anything.

Again, you don't have any real proof that can not be disputed...

Because the devil is in the Details...

And what CPU was used in those Tests??

Custom API's don't make hardware jump up a performance bracket. As you can see in the above links, the 1050Ti is within spitting distance of the PS4 Pro at comparable graphics.

Yes, because you have to use the Custom APIs and all those games you've shown don't look like they are optimized well for Consoles at all.

This is so wrong, it hurts. The 1070 is more than 25% faster than the 580, and more than 30% faster than a 1060.

No its not and it depends on the Game, the level of optimization!

And Wolfenstein is Optimized to death on all Architectures, that is how it should look like.

Ni no Kuni 2 is made primarily for consoles and ported to PC, again, Optimimized for AMD more than for nV...

And yet, it's a well known fact that games on the PS4 Pro are just slightly north of a 1050Ti, and arguably on par with a RX 470.

Its not, its just what you strongly believe because that is what you do want to believe.

Truth isn't black and white, you know?

And there are various resons for that.

I'm not saying the PS4 Pro is bad, just that people put it up on a pedestal.

Yes, and?? What is your problem again?
Why do you misrepresent the Hardware of the PS4 PRO so much?

Just because the Videos of a random Youtuber??

But if it's any consolation, if we were talking about the Xbox One X, then you'd be correct.

We are not and the PS4 PRO is way more powerful than you say it is...

Those Videos you've shown prove nothing, he didn't show the Settings, he just did some stuff...

Now save the best for Last:

http://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/agents-of-mayhem-test-gpu-cpu

In short: Shitty Optimization, looks like an nVidia Game...

http://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/call-of-duty-wwii-test-gpu-cpu

Looks a bit better, but Multi core Optimization could be better...

http://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/the-evil-within-2-test-gpu-cpu

And that Rise of the Tomb Raider is an nVidia Gameworks title should be known and the Optimization for Competition are especially bad - as you would expect from a Gameworks Title.
http://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-test-gpu.html

So you looked for the worst examples, something that nVidia paid for so that it doesn't run that well on the others...

19 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

*Snip*

Cool your jets, buckaroo. Getting mad over someone pointing out measurable observation ain't worth getting gray hairs over. You can argue against the facts all you want, but that doesn't change said facts.

I've already said everything I feel needs to be said. There's really no point in continuing the debate since it's clear you're set in your ways. Though if you wanna continue the debate, feel free to message me. I'm not going to derail this thread when the OP already got his answer.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

2 hours ago, Frankenburger said:

You can argue against the facts all you want, but that doesn't change said facts.

Wich facts?

A Random Youtuber isn't a fact, its an oppionion at most. Especially if that person doesn't even show the Settings - neither for the PS4 nor the PC! 

And according to the Audience, it seems like that seems a "PC-Masterrace!!111" Person.

Just look at this Picture:

5ae6837ae2ad0_RiseoftheTombRaider.thumb.jpg.2781003551b854cf2d6d8482399d7ae9.jpg

With what of those three options did he test?
With what Options for PC did he test?

And if you don't want something to run well on something (=nVidia Gameworks), it won't...

Edited by Stefan Payne