Hardware Unboxed trolling Linus

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh xD hilarious , its socks and sandals.

so what did linus reply?
someone should tweet him this

funny thing is other people around Linus also drop things lol, like Raja and the rx580 lol.

Must be contagious.

5 hours ago, 1988fido said:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh xD hilarious , its socks and sandals.

so what did linus reply?
someone should tweet him this

I'm going to tag in @LinusTech so he see's this. We'd love to hear his reaction to this reasoning.

I'd like to see Linus (or another big tech tuber) drop a mechanical hard drive WHILE it's being accessed. :P  (And see a video on the results.)

Spoiler

Or, another thing I thought of some time ago, maybe for a CSV video ...

Get a mechanical hard drive, gut it, and put a same-size SSD in it.  (Preferably also the same BRAND of SSD, so, for example, Western Digital.)  Put it on a test bench, then while Linus is watching, someone "accidentally" knocks it off onto the floor ... then hopefully Linus would be shocked that a mechanical hard drive still works after being dropped :o (Then someone opens it up and shows him the SSD inside.)

Another idea I had more recently ...

Pull some of the hard drives out of one of Linus's computers that he frequently powers on and uses, and replace them with same make-and-model, similar-age dead ones (click of death, bad bearings, etc) - ones that as soon as you try to power on the system, you can HEAR that the drive is very sick.  Then get Linus's panicked reaction on video. :P  (Of course at the end he'd be reassured that his drives are safe, and they'd be returned to his system.

Oh and another one :P ...

Have Linus drink a ton of, say, soda, red bull, monster, or something that would get him all hyper, hands shaking / NOT holding still, etc.  Have him wearing something like wool socks (no shoes), and have his hands soaked with fresh liquid soap & water.  Give him a couple mechanical hard drives (that themselves are covered with something very slippery), one containing something fairly important and the other containing the backup of it.  (Bonus points if they're connected to a laptop computer he's also carrying, and doing some file operations or something.)  Have him run fast along some course, maybe transporting the drives from one place to another on the LMG campus.  At least part of the path should include a well-varnished, slippery wood floor. :P

21 hours ago, Razor01 said:

funny thing is other people around Linus also drop things lol, like Raja and the rx580 lol.

Must be contagious.

I thought it was a RX 480? 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, Ben Quigley said:

I thought it was a RX 480? 

raj now will do that with intel i7 9700k xD but they don't tolerate such things , so most likely he will be fired for wearing sandals and dropping brand new cpu