Iphone 6s vs Samsung Galaxy S8?

Legolessed

How much better is the Samsung galaxy S8 over the Iphone 6s? I currently have a Iphone 6s and through various means now have access to a free Galaxy S8. So yeah, How much better is the S8? thanks!

Its better, in literally every way. 

Unless you hate Android that is. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

Its better, in literally every way. 

Unless you hate Android that is. 

Agreed. Or if you just prefer iOS over Android, not necessarily hating Android.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Well, the answer to your question greatly depends on the perspective of whoever is comparing them.  For an Apple guy, the iPhone 6s will definitely be a better device because it has iOS and is not exactly lacking in quality or features.  For a Samsung guy, the S8 is miles better because it has a more modern design and the infinity display.  From my perspective as an acknowledged Samsung fanboy I prefer the S8+ (S8 too small) over the 6s+ just because I am not a fan of iOS on phones (though I love it on my two iPads).  I also find the AMOLED screen on the S8+ to be far superior to the SLCD display on the 6s, along with the options for fast and wireless charging, SD card slot, bigger display on a physically smaller device, better camera, and Samsung Pay.  

That's not to say that the iPhone 6s doesn't have some really neat features as well, such as 3D Touch, Air Play, superior OS optimization and updates, Face Time and iMessage, etc.  Also, iPhones tend to hold their value much better than any Android device so at the end of the day it really just comes down to what kind of person you are and what features and design aspects are important to you.

Intel Core i7 4930K @ 4.7GHz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 2 x EVGA GTX Titan SC (1254MHz) | 16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3 2133MHz (4 x 4GB) | Corsair AX1200 | Silverstone Temjin TJ11 | Corsair Force 3 240GB (System) | 2 x Intel 320 160GB SSD (Dedicated Gaming Drives) | Hitachi Deskstar 1TB (Data) | MS Windows 10 Pro | EK Supreme HF/FC-Titan/Rampage IV Extreme blocks | Hardware Labs GTX 560/240 rads | Alphacool VPP-655 D5 pump | Bitspower mod kit/pump top/fittings/120mm res

Do you dislike android, or simply prefer iOS (in Case, you have experience with both)?

Do you use specific iOS-only apps?

Or do you use Apple's Continuinity so your phone, ipad, macbook etc work together?

If you don't "need" those things, i would say: Get the free Galaxy S8, sell your iphone 6s (it will still bring in several hundreds of bucks).

You can't lose. Either you enjoy the different OS and be happy for the next 2 years (S8 will probably get security updates untill early 2020~. Galaxy S6 will now stop getting any updates).

In Case you don't get warm with Android, and want iOS back, sell that S8, and rebuy a more modern iphone (maybe the ones coming out this year). Selling your 6s + S8 will probably give enough money for a new iphone, without spending additional Money.

The iPhone 6s is still a really good phone and all that most people really need in terms of a quality phone experience.  That said, the S8 is a two-year newer design so obviously it is objectively better in most ways.  The real key is how entrenched you are into the Apple ecosystem, including first-party apps.  If you simply can't do without iMessage etc then of course the iPhone will be better subjectively for you.

Intel Core i7 4930K @ 4.7GHz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 2 x EVGA GTX Titan SC (1254MHz) | 16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3 2133MHz (4 x 4GB) | Corsair AX1200 | Silverstone Temjin TJ11 | Corsair Force 3 240GB (System) | 2 x Intel 320 160GB SSD (Dedicated Gaming Drives) | Hitachi Deskstar 1TB (Data) | MS Windows 10 Pro | EK Supreme HF/FC-Titan/Rampage IV Extreme blocks | Hardware Labs GTX 560/240 rads | Alphacool VPP-655 D5 pump | Bitspower mod kit/pump top/fittings/120mm res