Amazon Closing accounts

Go to solution Solved by Daniel644,
29 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

She is a big girl she can change her own passwords. The only others who have access to her account is me and my parents. We share the prime membership. But she does most of the purchases on the account. Also if she has to call them bastards back the person on the other end is just going to hear fire and brimstone falling from the heavens, which means she will get no where. Though maybe if she posts on their face book and twitter about how much they are being thunder cunt she might get some where. Plus I know she talked to at least two people. Her friend maybe will get some where, shes better at this than us. She did file an appeal, but I think she might ask for a refund for prime and say the hell with Amazon. Just trying to understand why! She said she sees a lot of people getting their accounts terminated. No one knows why. 

maybe thats why they canned it, sharing your prime benefits with different family members at different houses outside of the family sharing they allow with the Prime Family Sharing https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_468520_shareprime?nodeId=200444180

is undoubtedly against the terms of service.

Anyone else have Amazon just up and close your account? My sister and her friend had their accounts closed. No email explaining why and Amazon support is being dbags and not telling them why. I know that fake reviews and excessive returns can cause account termination, but my sister doesnt do either of those. Or do they like to randomly close prime members accounts? If your going to stop doing business with someones at least let them know why. I guess Ill start having to fine a new online retailer to buy from, from now on. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Amazon doesn't close down your entire account for writing fake or compensated reviews. They just delete all your reviews and block you from writing any more.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Never heard of this before. Could be some April fools prank gone wrong (just think of the Google Gmail prank a few years ago) or a scam

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

Call amazon

Like the phone number

She did. They were Dbags. The first guy hung up on her. They wont tell her any thing. 

Just now, Donut417 said:

She did. They were Dbags. The first guy hung up on her. They wont tell her any thing. 

keep doing it

Eventually you'll find someone competent

I also reccomend you change all her passwords and do a virus scan

My life

Just now, Himommies said:

keep doing it

Eventually you'll find someone competent

I also reccomend you change all her passwords and do a virus scan

She is a big girl she can change her own passwords. The only others who have access to her account is me and my parents. We share the prime membership. But she does most of the purchases on the account. Also if she has to call them bastards back the person on the other end is just going to hear fire and brimstone falling from the heavens, which means she will get no where. Though maybe if she posts on their face book and twitter about how much they are being thunder cunt she might get some where. Plus I know she talked to at least two people. Her friend maybe will get some where, shes better at this than us. She did file an appeal, but I think she might ask for a refund for prime and say the hell with Amazon. Just trying to understand why! She said she sees a lot of people getting their accounts terminated. No one knows why. 

29 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

maybe thats why they canned it, sharing your prime benefits with different family members at different houses outside of the family sharing they allow with the Prime Family Sharing https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_468520_shareprime?nodeId=200444180

36 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Gonna go ahead and say breaching their Terms of Service is why.

Edit:  My wife and I dont even share an amazon account.  we live together.  I extended my prime subscription to her account.  doesnt cost me anything.

Edited by MedievalMatt

Linux Daily Driver:

CPU: R5 2400G

Motherboard: MSI B350M Mortar

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

HDD: 1TB POS HDD from an old Dell

SSD: 256GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: 1200W Corsair HX1200

Gaming Rig:

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270-N Wi-Fi ITX

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Asus Turbo GTX 1070 @ 2GHz

HDD: 3TB Toshiba something or other

SSD: 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Shared with Daily - Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: Shared with Daily - 1200W Corsair HX1200

Server

CPU: Ryzen7 1700

Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI Plus

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Nvidia GT 710

HDD: 1X 10TB Seagate ironwolf NAS Drive.  4X 3TB WD Red NAS Drive.

SSD: Adata 128GB

Case: NZXT Source 210 (white)

PSU: EVGA 650 G2 80Plus Gold

4 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

Thanks for the info. I past it along. 

6 minutes ago, MedievalMatt said:

Gonna go ahead and say breaching their Terms of Service is why.

Edit:  My wife and I dont even share an amazon account.  we live together.  I extended my prime subscription to her account.  doesnt cost me anything.

Yeah, see my sisters amazon account was logged in on my moms fire stick and my dads roku. My card info and address as well as my mom's was in my sisters Amazon account. So when we bought stuff we would just use our card and set our address. 

My sister lives about an hour away, so were not in the same house hold. It just Netlfix gives 0 fucks about people sharing accounts, but Amazon has to be a thunder cunt about it. Its ok, Newegg and Walmart got my back. Ill just shop their from now on. I personally didnt use prime video and if I want to watch something on prime video there is always Piracy. ARGH Shiver me timbers. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

Yeah, see my sisters amazon account was logged in on my moms fire stick and my dads roku. My card info and address as well as my mom's was in my sisters Amazon account. So when we bought stuff we would just use our card and set our address. 

My sister lives about an hour away, so were not in the same house hold. It just Netlfix gives 0 fucks about people sharing accounts, but Amazon has to be a thunder cunt about it. Its ok, Newegg and Walmart got my back. Ill just shop their from now on. I personally didnt use prime video and if I want to watch something on prime video there is always Piracy. ARGH Shiver me timbers. 

i mean.  from a business standpoint it makes sense.  each household gets one prime membership.  Netflix doesnt care because they have market saturation.

you are getting mad because you got caught abusing the system.

Linux Daily Driver:

Gaming Rig:

Server

19 minutes ago, MedievalMatt said:

i mean.  from a business standpoint it makes sense.  each household gets one prime membership.  Netflix doesnt care because they have market saturation.

No Im mad because they are treating pay customers like like shit and not explaining why. All they had to say is " we noticed your using the service at multiple households, this violates the TOS". But they dont do that. We you act like a cunt your going to get people getting mad. Either way, they need to work on their communication skills. 

Typically they don't give a shit about prime sharing if you do occasional orders to different addresses as long as the significant majority of orders is done to your main one. Other people use my prime sometimes, their address and credit card, but I've probably ordered at least 20k worth of shit the past few years from amazon so idk.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Just now, Donut417 said:

No Im mad because they are treating pay customers like like shit and not explaining why. All they had to say is " we noticed your using the service at multiple households, this violates the TOS". But they dont do that. We you act like a cunt your going to get people getting mad. Either way, they need to work on their communication skills. 

to be fair... they probably sent an email to one of you.  they are really good about communicating things.  at least in my experience.

Ive only had positive interactions with Amazon.  but i also play by the rules.

Linux Daily Driver:

Gaming Rig:

Server

23 minutes ago, MedievalMatt said:

he at least should be told why his account was terminated ffs.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

2 minutes ago, MedievalMatt said:

to be fair... they probably sent an email to one of you.  they are really good about communicating things.  at least in my experience.

Ive only had positive interactions with Amazon.  but i also play by the rules.

I get nothing but good service from amazon, but people I know don't. The difference is the sheer amount of money I've spent and the order history. I'm future-money. They never ask a question on a return, or anything like that, but will for smaller accounts. Even if it's my fault, they'll take that small loss to keep me ordering. They care about you in proportion with your account worth. I've listened in to phone support for other people, I'm treated different, no lie.

muh specs 

All parts black

1 minute ago, Syntaxvgm said:

Typically they don't give a shit about prime sharing if you do occasional orders to different addresses as long as the significant majority of orders is done to your main one. Other people use my prime sometimes, their address and credit card, but I've probably ordered at least 20k worth of shit the past few years from amazon so idk.

Thats the thing, Most of the shit ordered is my sisters. I dont order much online. Te only reason I preferred Amazon is they collected sales tax. Even then I only ordered stuff some of the time, when I wanted 2 days shipping. 

I get nothing but good service from amazon, but people I know don't. The difference is the sheer amount of money I've spent and the order history. I'm future-money. They never ask a question on a return, or anything like that, but will for smaller accounts. Even if it's my fault, they'll take that small loss to keep me ordering. They care about you in proportion with your account worth. I've listened in to phone support for other people, I'm treated different, no lie.

huh.... interesting.  Im probably up there with the high rollers then.  I order almost everything i purchase from amazon.  I think it was 5 or 6K last year.

they are super quick to address the few issues ive had.  no questions.  Ive gotten free months of Prime.  new items without question when they magically dont show up because the USPS ate them.

Linux Daily Driver:

Gaming Rig:

Server

4 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Thats the thing, Most of the shit ordered is my sisters. I dont order much online. Te only reason I preferred Amazon is they collected sales tax. Even then I only ordered stuff some of the time, when I wanted 2 days shipping. 

they may go through rounds of auditing certain accounts and disable as they go.  if i had to guess, thats probably what happened.

Linux Daily Driver:

Gaming Rig:

Server

5 minutes ago, MedievalMatt said:

huh.... interesting.  Im probably up there with the high rollers then.  I order almost everything i purchase from amazon.  I think it was 5 or 6K last year.

they are super quick to address the few issues ive had.  no questions.  Ive gotten free months of Prime.  new items without question when they magically dont show up because the USPS ate them.

That's exactly it. They don't care about minor prime free shipping sharing typically because prime loses them money, but like a gas station making nothing on the gas, they want captive customers to buy other things. The customer getting prime and ordering a few things a month max may lose them money, but people like us make them money. It's about volume of orders. So if you friend is like "can I use your prime?" that's just a bit of extra margin on your account. If it's multiple people occasionally ordering things it's really double loss kinda, depending on what items they are, like large items with low margin. They want people to order everything on amazon.

I'd think they would have more of a problem with people sharing other prime benefits.

muh specs 

All parts black

2 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

That's exactly it. They don't care about minor prime free shipping sharing typically because prime loses them money, but like a gas station making nothing on the gas, they want captive customers to buy other things. The customer getting prime and ordering a few things a month max may lose them money, but people like us make them money. It's about volume of orders. So if you friend is like "can I use your prime?" that's just a bit of extra margin on your account. If it's multiple people occasionally ordering things it's really double loss kinda, depending on what items they are, like large items with low margin. They want people to order everything on amazon.

I'd think they would have more of a problem with people sharing other prime benefits.

Welp, I guess we can shop of their competitor. Walmart. Might not get free two day shipping, but I can get free site to store. 

That's exactly it. They don't care about minor prime free shipping sharing typically because prime loses them money, but like a gas station making nothing on the gas, they want captive customers to buy other things. The customer getting prime and ordering a few things a month max may lose them money, but people like us make them money. It's about volume of orders. So if you friend is like "can I use your prime?" that's just a bit of extra margin on your account. If it's multiple people occasionally ordering things it's really double loss kinda. They want people to order everything on amazon.

Makes sense.  honestly, the shipping where i live is so quick and i work so much (plus a 5 year old) that its way less a PITA to just get shit tomorrow, or even the next day.  To the point where i want a little tiny shipping box dog crate on my front stoop to keep the boxes out of the rain.

I may have a problem.

Linux Daily Driver:

Gaming Rig:

Server

5 minutes ago, MedievalMatt said:

Makes sense.  honestly, the shipping where i live is so quick and i work so much (plus a 5 year old) that its way less a PITA to just get shit tomorrow, or even the next day.  To the point where i want a little tiny shipping box dog crate on my front stoop to keep the boxes out of the rain.

I may have a problem.

Me too, I amazon the shit out of everything except food and stuff that's not cost effective

muh specs 

All parts black

5 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

Me too, I amazon the shit out of everything except food and stuff that's not cost effective

Amazon Pantry is available in my area.  I could amazon my Cheerios and Rasin Bran if i wanted.  If only i could Amazon some Milk......

Edit - Everything in my Sig came from amazon from 2016 to 2017.

Edited by MedievalMatt

Linux Daily Driver:

Gaming Rig:

Server