Amazon Closing accounts

Go to solution Solved by Daniel644,
29 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

She is a big girl she can change her own passwords. The only others who have access to her account is me and my parents. We share the prime membership. But she does most of the purchases on the account. Also if she has to call them bastards back the person on the other end is just going to hear fire and brimstone falling from the heavens, which means she will get no where. Though maybe if she posts on their face book and twitter about how much they are being thunder cunt she might get some where. Plus I know she talked to at least two people. Her friend maybe will get some where, shes better at this than us. She did file an appeal, but I think she might ask for a refund for prime and say the hell with Amazon. Just trying to understand why! She said she sees a lot of people getting their accounts terminated. No one knows why. 

maybe thats why they canned it, sharing your prime benefits with different family members at different houses outside of the family sharing they allow with the Prime Family Sharing https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_468520_shareprime?nodeId=200444180

is undoubtedly against the terms of service.

4 minutes ago, MedievalMatt said:

Amazon Pantry is available in my area.  I could amazon my Cheerios and Rasin Bran if i wanted.  If only i could Amazon some Milk......

Edit - Everything in my Sig came from amazon from 2016 to 2017.

I don't really have a reason to use pantry yet, but for parts same here. Only newegg if I have a REAL reason to, and that's less and less these days.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

1 minute ago, Syntaxvgm said:

I don't really have a reason to use pantry yet, but for parts same here. Only newegg if I have a REAL reason to, and that's less and less these days.

Newegg's search functionality for me anyway is miles ahead of amazon's.  Especially for Tech stuff.

People game amazon's algorithm soo hard with like GAMING ULTRA GRAPHINCS GAMES GAMING GAMER HD GTX 580 1070 TI PLUS SUPER GAMING GPU GRAPHICS CARD as the product name.

or like (insert 10 phone models here) Micro USB to USB-A cable.

Linux Daily Driver:

CPU: R5 2400G

Motherboard: MSI B350M Mortar

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

HDD: 1TB POS HDD from an old Dell

SSD: 256GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: 1200W Corsair HX1200

Gaming Rig:

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270-N Wi-Fi ITX

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Asus Turbo GTX 1070 @ 2GHz

HDD: 3TB Toshiba something or other

SSD: 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Shared with Daily - Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: Shared with Daily - 1200W Corsair HX1200

Server

CPU: Ryzen7 1700

Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI Plus

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Nvidia GT 710

HDD: 1X 10TB Seagate ironwolf NAS Drive.  4X 3TB WD Red NAS Drive.

SSD: Adata 128GB

Case: NZXT Source 210 (white)

PSU: EVGA 650 G2 80Plus Gold

As far as experience for Amazon goes, I too have had nothing but glowing customer service people eager to help me any way they can... When I return something (a rare occurrence) I get a credit even before Amazon receives the package! Also they even have Prime now in my area... during the past holiday time I ordered some scotch tape because I didn't want to bother driving to the store. About an hour later and I had my tape! 

To the OP, It sounds like your sister isn't going to bother contacting Amazon again but if she does I hope they help her better next time.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

Just now, MedievalMatt said:

Newegg's search functionality for me anyway is miles ahead of amazon's.  Especially for Tech stuff.

People game amazon's algorithm soo hard with like GAMING ULTRA GRAPHINCS GAMES GAMING GAMER HD GTX 580 1070 TI PLUS SUPER GAMING GPU GRAPHICS CARD as the product name.

or like (insert 10 phone models here) Micro USB to USB-A cable.

well yh amazon's search is shit, I almost think intentionally so because their related products are spot on.
I use other sites like newegg to find what i want, then order on amazon.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

well just make a new account. i never had any problems with amazon so i dont have hate for them.

2 minutes ago, mad dudy said:

well just make a new account. i never had any problems with amazon so i dont have hate for them.

Doesnt work that way. My sister had a Student prime membership, they have her school email. So they aint going to let her open a new account. Because they will either block it or delete that account as well. And for the record it was her account not mine that was affected. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

Doesnt work that way. My sister had a Student prime membership, they have her school email. So they aint going to let her open a new account. Because they will either block it or delete that account as well. And for the record it was her account not mine that was affected. 

then dont use a student email.

Just now, mad dudy said:

then dont use a student email.

If you want the student prime pricing.............. Thats the fucking point. She was paying like $50 a year instead of the over $100 a year. They have to validate it as your a student with a .edu email. 

5 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

If you want the student prime pricing.............. Thats the fucking point. She was paying like $50 a year instead of the over $100 a year. They have to validate it as your a student with a .edu email. 

really $50 more???? can't pay that between 3-4 people using the account?

1 minute ago, mad dudy said:

really $50 more???? can't pay that between 3-4 people using the account?

Not when the fuckers are closing accounts used by multiple house holds. You have to share payment method and address. We dont, she lives an hour away we dont share bank accounts. You  are not paying attention to what is being said in the thread. Multiple house holds cant use the service with only one account. 

10 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Not when the fuckers are closing accounts used by multiple house holds. You have to share payment method and address. We dont, she lives an hour away we dont share bank accounts. You  are not paying attention to what is being said in the thread. Multiple house holds cant use the service with only one account. 

Are you mad at Amazon for closing her account or for not warning her first? She violated the terms of service by sharing her prime membership with a bunch of people not even living with her. You can share a prime membership but only with one other adult in your house and you have to link the other person's Amazon account with yours. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201910370

Really it seems to be meant for a spouse or maybe a room mate. Though you do have to share the payment method so you have to be careful.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

Of course when multiple addresses are paying one membership, they're going to have a problem with it, because that's lost revenue to people being cheap and abusing the system. Being mad at Amazon is wholly ignorant, and while they should have explained the issue during support calls, it's possible it is an automated algorithm that's doing it and perhaps they have poor documentation for the reps to see.

5 minutes ago, Razor02097 said:

Are you mad at Amazon for closing her account or for not warning her first? She violated the terms of service by sharing her prime membership with a bunch of people not even living with her. You can share a prime membership but only with one other adult in your house and you have to link the other person's Amazon account with yours. 

Really it seems to be meant for a spouse or maybe a room mate. Though you do have to share the payment method so you have to be careful.

Exactly.

10 minutes ago, Razor02097 said:

I mad the fuckers wont give a god damn answer to why. They told her they couldnt say. Just come out and say its a TOS violation. But no, they decided to make it in to endless calls about why. Instead of jerking her around or any customer around just clearly state the fucking reason. When you blatantly dont communicate with the customer the customer is going to get pissed. This is the problem with business now days, they dont fucking communicate, then wonder why they get bad reviews. Im fine with the policy, but when you dont communicate it to your customers as the cause of the issue, then it becomes an issue. Also, when you notice a customer doing what we have been doing for over 4 years, you should have caught on sooner. To many businesses have policies they fail to enforce properly. We should have had the account terminated 4 years ago. 

15 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I mad the fuckers wont give a god damn answer to why. They told her they couldnt say. Just come out and say its a TOS violation. But no, they decided to make it in to endless calls about why. Instead of jerking her around or any customer around just clearly state the fucking reason. When you blatantly dont communicate with the customer the customer is going to get pissed. This is the problem with business now days, they dont fucking communicate, then wonder why they get bad reviews. Im fine with the policy, but when you dont communicate it to your customers as the cause of the issue, then it becomes an issue. Also, when you notice a customer doing what we have been doing for over 4 years, you should have caught on sooner. To many businesses have policies they fail to enforce properly. We should have had the account terminated 4 years ago. 

I can understand why it would be frustrating if customer service won't give a straight answer... as to why they didn't terminate the account 4 years ago? Couldn't say... maybe they're cracking down now or maybe they just didn't yet have a cost effective means to actively monitor 300 million customers (https://expandedramblings.com/index.php/amazon-statistics/)

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

8 hours ago, Donut417 said:

well most TOS tend to say they can close the account when ever they want for what ever reason they want, and not have to tell you why. i didnt read amazons TOS but most likely they have something like that in there. after 4 years they have more then enough reason to close the account.

also its a student account so it should have even more rules for account sharing.

A little update. Every time my sister or her friend calls they give them a BS answer. It could be TOS violation but now we are thinking it might be something else.... Like they might have gotten hacked. She also is trying to get the local media involved to see if they can poke Amazon a little to get a reason. 

I heard that if a Amazon account has no purchases for 18 months that they will close it. It is still probably on a case by case basis otherwise.

PSU Tier Ranking List

Ryzen 5 1600x|ASROCK                      |16GB DDR4 3400Mhz Corsair Vengence   | (partial build in progress)

FX-8350 AM3+| ASUS M5A990FX V1 | 32GB DDR3 2400Mhz Corsair Vengeance | Samsung EVO 850 PRO | Win 7 64 Pro | EVGA 750W G PSU | EVGA 750 ti 6GB | Corsair H100i v1

FX-8120 AM3+| ASUS M5A990FX V2 | 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz Corsair Vengeance | Samsung EVO 850 PRO | Win 7 64 Pro | EVGA 750W G PSU | EVGA 750 ti 6GB | Corsair H80i v1 

I5-2500K LGA  | ACER MOBO??         | 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz Corsair Vengeance | Samsung EVO 860 PRO | Win 10 64 Pro | EVGA 750W G PSU | EVGA 970 SC 4GB | Corsair H80i v1