18 Core Broadwell Chip From Intel?!?!

xxmoney96xx

This is gonna cost a lot but meh... No point in really buying them except for high end servers. Nevertheless, interesting news.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-57616061-92/intel-reportedly-eyes-future-18-core-broadwell-chip/

Intel Core i7 4770k | MSI Z87 | 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz  Kingston HyperX | GeForce GTX 780 | Fractal Design Define R4 | 1TB WD Blue | CX600 | Corsair H100i

And yet enthusiasts are still stuck with 6 cores... 

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I am more interested in seeing the 8 or 10 core desktop processors.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I am more interested in seeing the 8 or 10 core desktop processors.

Why? What will that give you that a quad core won't? 

"Intel is also planning 8- to 10-core high-performance desktop and workstation processors, Vr-zone said."

Ill take a dozen please.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

well in the article they said they will simply pile on more cores with existing architectures. Just imagine a next gen i7 with 8 haswell cores and 16 threads. Not sure it that will be the case but that would definitely be awesome.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Nothing for a long time, even the slowest processors today are incredibly fast. Everyday software needs to start pushing processors harder.

well in the article they said they will simply pile on more cores with existing architectures. Just imagine a next gen i7 with 8 haswell cores and 16 threads. Not sure it that will be the case but that would definitely be awesome.

I think he means what would you do with that extra processing power? It won't benefit games much if at all. The only real beneficiaries are in the professional and enterprise spaces.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

future potential....

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Nothing for a long time, even the slowest processors today are incredibly fast. Everyday software needs to start pushing processors harder.

I think he means what would you do with that extra processing power? It won't benefit games much if at all. The only real beneficiaries are in the professional and enterprise spaces.

i_want_this_because_of_reasons.jpg

future potential....

Then buy it in the future

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Then buy it in the future

why not now and enjoy it as it gets better with time? (if you can use it)

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

why not now and enjoy it as it gets better with time? (if you can use it)

No one would stop you from paying the 5-6k asking price for an 18 core chip we would just all think that you're dumb.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

The only way I will ever be able to afford something like that is by whoring myself out. 

Worth it!

Do multiple tasks at once x2.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Well one thing is for sure. I high power bill and not forgetting those lovely lovely benchmark numbers!... Hahaha.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

I read the title and had a tech-gasam

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

The more cores, the more simultaneous actions you can do correct? 

Why would having more processing power be bad?

For anyone who runs servers, specifically multiple servers at the same time this is a dream. Imagine

being able to run a game, its server, a voip and game clients at the same time. Saying more cores are

not needed is foolish, just because you, yourself don't have a use for it does not mean others would not.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

more power

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

The only way I will ever be able to afford something like that is by whoring myself out. 

what's the going rate?

what's the going rate?

280 USD per session. Ladies only.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

280 USD per session. Ladies only.

that's a pretty specific number lol i'm scared..