Drake & Ninja breaks twitch.tv's highest viewer count

3 hours ago, Methos said:

Sounds like a horrible time. One of the fakest, lamest "rappers" ever playing a bandwagon hype game with potato graphics.

Hey folks, I found the "I hate things because they're popular" guy.

You don't have to like Drake or Fortnite, but c'mon -- please don't act like you're deep in the underground rap scene and play nothing but the latest indie Steam games (but only the ones with cutting-edge graphics).  Let people enjoy things.

40 minutes ago, Dougarooo said:

In one moments time, Ninja stated that people can test subscribe if they have Amazon Prime and sub with prime and then this happened: https://twitter.com/Ryan915/status/974157616619417600

This video shows what happened but watching it live was amazing. It's assumed he gained maybe 90k subs in this stream alone. 90k*$2.5= $225,000 just from subs. There was also spam of bits and donations. It was crazy. Taxes gonna screw him over tho

its actually 3,5 per sub for him and most other big streamers and he made ~30k in cheers this month so far.

12 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

I dont get why this game is popular ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i dont get why ninja is so popular. hes kinda the pewdiepie of twitch.

12 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

I dont get why this game is popular ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's a battle royale game, and those tend to be very tense (it's you versus dozens of other people) to start with.  Fortnite in particular has a unique building element that leads to all kinds of creative tactics, like building ramps to get an elevation advantage or fencing yourself off with walls in the middle of a firefight.  The best players look like they're architects with guns.

28 minutes ago, Commodus said:

It's a battle royale game, and those tend to be very tense (it's you versus dozens of other people) to start with.  Fortnite in particular has a unique building element that leads to all kinds of creative tactics, like building ramps to get an elevation advantage or fencing yourself off with walls in the middle of a firefight.  The best players look like they're architects with guns.

I know what Battle Royale games are. I just dont get why Fortnite is popular. It's so retarded with the building shit out of thin air thing

Just now, RagnarokDel said:

I know what Battle Royale games are. I just dont get why Fortnite is popular. It's so retarded with the building shit out of thin air thing

Because it's free to play, fast-paced (much more so than PUBG), offers loads of customization and doesn't take itself too seriously.  The building is really the byproduct of borrowing from the original Fortnite game, but I like that it adds a twist to a game that would otherwise have been seen as little more than a PUBG clone.  And besides, if your beef is the "out of thin air" thing... well, you jump from a flying bus, so realism was never on the cards to start with.

2 hours ago, apm said:

its actually 3,5 per sub for him and most other big streamers and he made ~30k in cheers this month so far

Damn 3.5 per sub? I always thought it was even split 50/50. Still good on him

1 hour ago, RagnarokDel said:

The building shit is confusing at first. After a couple of tries I did shit without building shit because I didn't understand it. It can make for all new tactics and streamers like Ninja are actually really good at using the building feature to their advantage. Lots of people, like myself, don't get the concept well and can't build quickly to protect myself but after playing for a while I'm getting the hang of it and I'm liking it so far. Since it's free to play I'd suggest playing it some with friends and maybe you'll change your mind. If not then it's just not for you. Everyone has their own tastes :)

I fix computers for a government that is garbage. I'm also a certified security professional according to Comptia

Using my paycheck on computer parts and alcohol and since this is a tech form I'll help with computer stuff I guess

Most overrated streamer, rapper, and game all in 1 stream?? No wonder it hit 550k. I'll stick to my Eleague majors and Huni owning top lane myself. 

On 3/15/2018 at 11:33 AM, Dougarooo said:

In one moments time, Ninja stated that people can test subscribe if they have Amazon Prime and sub with prime and then this happened: https://twitter.com/Ryan915/status/974157616619417600

This video shows what happened but watching it live was amazing. It's assumed he gained maybe 90k subs in this stream alone. 90k*$2.5= $225,000 just from subs. There was also spam of bits and donations. It was crazy. Taxes gonna screw him over tho

Certain large streamers get about 3-3.5 dollars per sub like summit and I assume ninja so it's probably closer to 315k.

CPU - i7 6700HQ @ 3.50GHz GPU - GTX 965m - 16 GB DDR4 - 500 GB SSD

For about 750 USD

Laptop Model - Cyberpower Tracer 15

2 hours ago, TheSilverNiko said:

Certain large streamers get about 3-3.5 dollars per sub like summit and I assume ninja so it's probably closer to 315k.

Yeah someone corrected me earlier on it. Never thought to update my numbers tho. Fixed that :)

I fix computers for a government that is garbage. I'm also a certified security professional according to Comptia

Using my paycheck on computer parts and alcohol and since this is a tech form I'll help with computer stuff I guess

13 hours ago, SC2Mitch said:

You never heard of drake son?

I heard about Francis Drake, but I'd guess he'd be dead by now.

Now seriously, to put some context, who are Drake and Ninja?

3 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I heard about Francis Drake, but I'd guess he'd be dead by now.

Now seriously, to put some context, who are Drake and Ninja?

Drakes twitter: https://twitter.com/Drake

His recent popular song: 

Ninja's twitter: https://twitter.com/Ninja

Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/ninja

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NinjasHyper/featured

5 hours ago, Dougarooo said:

Drakes twitter: https://twitter.com/Drake

His recent popular song: 

I swear that when I read someone said "he's a rapper" I thought it was a joke based on a name coincidence, just like mine xD

I still think it's easier to provide context in the OP, though. Just like articles about famous people still start with things like "NBA star Kobe Bryant said this morning..." or "UK's Prime Minister, Theresa May, responded to the allegations...", etc., regardless of how many readers actually need the introduction.

21 hours ago, Okjoek said:

I disagree that the graphics are "potato" They're not very demanding and they certainly aren't realistic, but they are aesthetically pleasing for a video game that runs as well as it does.

21 hours ago, SC2Mitch said:

Hardly "potato" it's more optimized to allow for more users to play their game. They actually care about their game unlike other developers and push out weekly content. 

It's ok to have a different opinion than someone but both of you are as wrong as you think I am.

20 hours ago, Commodus said:

You don't have to like Drake or Fortnite, but c'mon -- please don't act like you're deep in the underground rap scene and play nothing but the latest indie Steam games (but only the ones with cutting-edge graphics).  Let people enjoy things.

No I'm the "I hate things that are complete garbage" guy and LOL no I'm not into the underground rap scene or some indie game corksniffer. Let people have their own opinion.

20 hours ago, Commodus said:

Perhaps you also found an "I'm over 25 and don't live in a particularly urban area" guy.

Personally, I only know who he is because I teach 8th graders who like him.

34 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Perhaps you also found an "I'm over 25 and don't live in a particularly urban area" guy.

Personally, I only know who he is because I teach 8th graders who like him.

It doesn't matter if someone knows him it's if he's good or not. Example T9 is not as known but is in a completely different league

2 hours ago, Methos said:

No I'm the "I hate things that are complete garbage" guy and LOL no I'm not into the underground rap scene or some indie game corksniffer. Let people have their own opinion.

Here's the problem: you're basically declaring yourself the arbiter of taste!  If you really want to let people have their own opinion, you should've said that you, personally, don't care for Drake or Fortnite.  Not that they're garbage, with the implication that anyone who enjoys them is a bad person.

I'm not exactly a gigantic Drake fan, and I only just recently started playing Fortnite, but I'm not going to begrudge someone if they listen to everything Drake puts out, or they greatly prefer H1Z1.

Inb4 Drake gets his own Twitch and YouTube channel.

May the algorithm be forever in their favour.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Who?

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Travis Scott was playing with them as well and Kim Dotcom joined for a single match also.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

19 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Inb4 Drake gets his own Twitch and YouTube channel.

Drake gets his own YouTube channel

Drake on YouTube

YouTube recommends me Drake videos

If there is a god, he is cruel and merciless

nfkrz-i-want-to-die-58f48087edfc3.jpeg

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

Here's the problem: you're basically declaring yourself the arbiter of taste!  If you really want to let people have their own opinion, you should've said that you, personally, don't care for Drake or Fortnite.  Not that they're garbage, with the implication that anyone who enjoys them is a bad person.

I'm not exactly a gigantic Drake fan, and I only just recently started playing Fortnite, but I'm not going to begrudge someone if they listen to everything Drake puts out, or they greatly prefer H1Z1.

No I stated an opinion and several people couldn't handle it.

12 hours ago, Methos said:

- indie game

- fortnite

- epic games

- ?????????

They're harderly a small indie company, sure you can have your opinion but others can speak their own mind.

I did no such thing.

Stop slandering my good name.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.