Nintendo Direct 3/8/2018 at 2PM PST

SteveGrabowski0

Hopefully they have something more interesting to show off than that grab bag of ports they unveiled in January.

2 minutes ago, Himommies said:

it's nice that there still supporting the 3DS

Yeah the system is still selling really well. I just bought one a few months ago on a whim and it's a pretty impressive system. Though Shin Megami Tensei IV occasionally makes me want to throw it against the fucking wall. xD

Dammit! I'll be driving to class at 5!

Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 03G-P4-6160-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]
Notebook: [HP Envy x360 15z][Ryzen 7 2700U w/ Radeon RX Vega 10][8GB RAM][256GB m.2 nVME SSD]

Gaming:[SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1792244 - "[TC]CreepingDeath"]

12 minutes ago, Majinhoju said:

I want to finally see some Virtual Console news.

Absolutely agree. Nintendo dragging their asses on the Virtual Console is why I bought a 3DS instead of a Switch. Now I'll probably wait until Shin Megami Tensei V is out to buy a Switch.

20 hours ago, Himommies said:

it's nice that there still supporting the 3DS

yeah one of my favorite games of all time (Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story) is getting a remake so i'd say nintendo plans on supporting it through 2019.

CPU: AMD FX 4170 @ 4.7ghz Motherboard: Asus M5A97-R2.0 RAM: 11GB DDR3-1600 GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 780ti 3GB Reference Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout Storage: 1x 250GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM, 1x 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM, 1x 500gb Hitachi 7200RPM  PSU: Antec Earthwatts 650W Display: Dell U2410 (1920x1200 @ 60hz, 24") Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, 3x 140mm Cooler Master fan Keyboard: Lenovo OEM keyboard (membrane) Mouse: Redragon Centrophorus Sound: Sound Blaster xFi sound card & Marley Good Vibrations headphones Operating System: Windows 10 1809

CPU: AMD FX 4170 @ 4.7ghz Motherboard: Asus M5A97-R2.0 RAM: 11GB DDR3-1600 GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 780ti 3GB Reference Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout Storage: 1x 250GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM, 1x 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM, 1x 500gb Hitachi 7200RPM  PSU: Antec Earthwatts 650W Display: Dell U2410 (1920x1200 @ 60hz, 24") Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, 3x 140mm Cooler Master fan Keyboard: Lenovo OEM keyboard (membrane) Mouse: Redragon Centrophorus Sound: Sound Blaster xFi sound card & Marley Good Vibrations headphones Operating System: Windows 10 1809

SMASH!!!!

Seriously, I almost fell out of my chair on that.

Also, I am glad to see that Demos are available to some of these games.  Think I will try some of the demos out since a few caught my attention.  Still working through Disgaea 5 Complete which should keep me tide over until some of these games release.

Plus, glad to see Okami HD coming to the system.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

1 minute ago, Ithanul said:

SMASH!!!!

Seriously, I almost fell out of my chair on that.

Also, I am glad to see that Demos are available to some of these games.  Think I will try some of the demos out since a few caught my attention.  Still working through Disgaea 5 Complete which should keep me tide over until some of these games release.

Plus, glad to see Okami HD coming to the system.

Well I was trying to avoid spoilers. But yes :) Many surprises that I am exited about

3 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Well I was trying to avoid spoilers. But yes :) Many surprises that I am exited about

Ooops, sorry, I got so excited when I saw the end.

I have such fond memories from playing the first one on the N64 to all the others on later Nintendo consoles.  Now, if Nintendo make a new Mario Party game, my unit needs a new party game for our adult beverage games  :P .

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

I have always had Luigi's Mansion on my to-play list, so I'll probably get it for 3ds. Project Octopath Traveler in July looks tempting. If Nintendo has a good E3 with something other than Smash Bros to show off (not a fan of that series at all) I might get a Switch in summer or fall, as I'm a big fan of Bravely Default and Octopath Traveler is by the same devs.

1 minute ago, Ithanul said:

Now, if Nintendo make a new Mario Party game, my unit needs a new party game for our adult beverage games  :P .

I feel like Seven Minutes in Heaven is a better adult beverage party game tbh.

10 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I feel like Seven Minutes in Heaven is a better adult beverage party game tbh.

I had to look that up.

Yeah, nope.  That not something my unit is into.

I might buy all those Switch games. Just kidding.

My top anticipated game from the Direct is Octopath Traveler. No surprise if you've seen my posting history with JRPGs haha I'll be playing a lot of that genre this year. I finished I am Setsuna last month and got Lost Sphear after some cool off (they seem similar so I want to put some distance between them). Maybe I'll get Ys VIII and the new Atelier on it too. Do I even have time for all that? haha

Followed by Mario Tennis Aces. I didn't really care for it previously, but seems like it has fun mechanics and the simple and motion control modes should be fun for casual play at parties. Dunno if I'll get really invested solo, but at the very least it can join MK8, Puyo Puyo Tetris, and Bomberman in my stable of games that I bust out once in awhile for local multiplayer.

For ports, I may double dip on Captain Toad, along with DKC from last Direct. Unlike DKC, I have played Captain Toad though. Not sure if the new stages will be substantial enough to justify a repurchase for most people, but what can I say? This game is adorable and one of the highlights of my Wii U library.