Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Been outside all morning working on this dinosaur

9GD7T3a.jpg

Let's see how long this lasts for a $400 car.

So now it's pretty much become a stereo on wheels after searching around for cheap stuff on Kijiji (Craigslist) and local swap and shops.

JVC Bluetooth head unit installed, all speakers have been replaced (fronts with 4" Kicker DS, rears with 6.5" Infinity Reference), two new speakers added (5.25" Alpine E under dashboard), subwoofer added (Kicker CompVR 12" in ported box), running off a Clarion DPX1000.1 mono amp and Sony 600W 4-channel amp. Also new battery, wiring, and Scosche 500k capacitor. 

Yeah, the sound system alone is now worth more then what I paid for the car.

But on the bright side of course, it sounds fucking fantastic. And it was a fun experience to work on.

Hmm... I should try car audio for a living.

"Rawr XD"

One of my favourite tool sets

19-1546_xl_2_2.jpg

Bonus gif

aqqj5Xb.gif

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

In motor racing news, Toyota is going to be ditching their NA V8s in their LMP1 cars in favour of a smaller displacement turbocharged setup due to the fact that the 2015 cars are horribly off-pace (yet still faster than the Nissans). Hybrid power systems will still be designed according to the 8MJ class standards (same as the Porsches) and combined power output should still be around 1,000 bhp. I was lucky enough to see the TS030 (2013) car at our auto show in Feb, and the amount of aero work on these cars is just mind boggling.

1406604226207135380.jpg

The fact that every team in LMP1 is going turbocharged speaks volumes in terms of the benefits of the system for motorsports - as if DTM, Super GT, and F1 haven't demonstrated that already (well, maybe not the last).

WEC qualifying for the Nurburgring 6H is now underway, and just look at this beautiful traffic jam! Note the green ESM Lijier - it's supposed to be running in the TUSC series stateside, but the team has opted to familiarize themselves with their new P2 machinery with WEC as they have hopes of competing overseas and in Le Mans in 2016.

CNk4qZMUsAADn1n.jpg

Speaking of, Renault is finalizing it's plans to buy out Lotus and re-start it's factory effort in 2017. Not surprising since all of Lotus' assets were confiscated after the Belgium GP, despite Grosjean finishing on the podium. Should the purchase fall through (and a deposit of ~7.5 million made with estimated total of 65 million) Renault would retain all of Lotus' motorsports assets and most of the personnel, with Grosjean guaranteed a driving seat and Maldonado having to negotiate his. Engine supplier-wise, it's a tad difficult as Renault's relationship with both Redbull teams are ailing and Lotus currently has signed with Mercedes - a sponsorship package equaling that of Mercedes and Redbull should be able to fix most of their current development woes.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Porsche has some insane pace over at Nurburgring

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Porsche has some insane pace over at Nurburgring

Not surprised, their pace every race this year has been staggering. The front grid is two porsches, then two audis, then two toyotas, then two Rebellions. As previously mentioned, Audi and Toyota have both refocused their efforts for 2016 ever since Le Mans so it's likely Porsche won't have much of a challenge this year.

1406950341808048421.jpg

As for LMP2, I'm really excited to see what the ESM team can do, though I am a bit bitter they didn't compete at Mosport this year because of their WEC efforts.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Not surprised, their pace every race this year has been staggering. The front grid is two porsches, then two audis, then two toyotas, then two Rebellions. As previously mentioned, Audi and Toyota have both refocused their efforts for 2016 ever since Le Mans so it's likely Porsche won't have much of a challenge this year.

As for LMP2, I'm really excited to see what the ESM team can do, though I am a bit bitter they didn't compete at Mosport this year because of their WEC efforts.

My favourite in LMP1 is the Alphine team. I know the A450B is a rebranded oreca 3 but man it looks so nice. Also its quite funny that porsche found another loop hole in the rulebook with the plates above the exhaust. Not really a fan of the ESM, i think the ligiers are a bit goofy, ive always been a oreca fanboy.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

My favourite in LMP1 is the Alphine team. I know the A450B is a rebranded oreca 3 but man it looks so nice. Also its quite funny that porsche found another loop hole in the rulebook with the plates above the exhaust. Not really a fan of the ESM, i think the ligiers are a bit goofy, ive always been a oreca fanboy.

I'm with you in that the 05 looks worlds better than the JS P2, but unfortunately I've only seen the latter in person thus far since it's the only 2016 spec P2 competing stateside :/

Well, technically the Lola B08/80 that Mazda uses but it's not legal after this season.

The Oreca 03 Nissans were my favourite to drive, but as for livery you'd be hard pressed to find one better looking than the Alpines.

Folding@Home | BOINC

I'm with you in that the 05 looks worlds better than the JS P2, but unfortunately I've only seen the latter in person thus far since it's the only 2016 spec P2 competing stateside :/

Well, technically the Lola B08/80 that Mazda uses but it's not legal after this season.

The Oreca 03 Nissans were my favourite to drive, but as for livery you'd be hard pressed to find one better looking than the Alpines.

dont mention Mazda all the WEC circlejerks will appear screaming about skyactiv

Listen if you care.

dont mention Mazda all the WEC circlejerks will appear screaming about skyactiv

Saw their MZR gas prototypes run, they're pretty good on pace. Still not legal though. I still find their skyactiv livery pretty though :(

Folding@Home | BOINC

Chrome rims

11953361_495939093898100_652813717600856

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Oh deary me... boys will be boys, sticking it in when they know it won't fit. :P

Folding@Home | BOINC

Chrome rims

11953361_495939093898100_652813717600856

Loooooool I have to be at work in half hour for two shifts in a row. I'm feeling sick though. I should probably not go. But I need money for par carts. That sounded right in my head. Maybe I really shouldn't go to work.

Man Linus must have been the most stressed during last night's wan show.

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

If you're ever in sweden and you drive a diesel car. Avoid the Preem gas stations.

The diesel on the right is from them

mUXHumH.jpg

If you're ever in sweden and you drive a diesel car. Avoid the Preem gas stations.

The diesel on the right is from them

~~

Are you sure that's diesel? The bottles look awfully suspicious ^^

Folding@Home | BOINC

If it isn't then the guy on the right needs to seek medical attention asap xD

he removed the beat grylls watermark at the bottom

Listen if you care.

Going to aim for an 87-89 volvo 740 turbo when i start working next year.

Fairly cheap and comes with a Mitsubishi TD05 stock

Hello geography teacher...  :P

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Hello geography teacher...  :P

Ugh.. Geography.. I am going to be a teacher on the side later though. But history

yes i know this is a top gear reference

Yah ehh I haven't been very active here lately, mainly because the day after the day I posted about my new PC, my moped kind of fell apart slightly, the kickstart broke off and the already semi broken rear view mirror just fell off :/

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Also the tapatalk app seems to be working right now

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

48676350e8b4335cab0295ab6731090d.png

well ok then

Listen if you care.

48676350e8b4335cab0295ab6731090d.png

well ok then

RIDE?

Folding@Home | BOINC

another day, another morning, and i still dont have a mx-5/miata to play with.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1