Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I don't even know which would perform better on a road course with a given budget for both cars. I know you could make more power out of the 5.0, but what's the cost/performance?

Even taking initial cost into account, on an average track (not a specific really tight or really wide open track) the GT will win.  You have to dump a bunch of money to get to the power output of the 5.0, you'd have to go bigger turbo because on the track you're in the upper rpm range the whole time and the stock turbo runs out of steam up there.  and even then you'd just be matching the stock 5.0 power with questionable reliability... with the 5.0 you can just focus on suspension mods...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

ok, we need a tie breaker...

btw FSX, are you serious or is that sacrcasm?

No I'm dead serious, every single video I play has an ad.

for me only the ads load in vessel, and somtimes the video for upto 1minute then stops 

Even taking initial cost into account, on an average track (not a specific really tight or really wide open track) the GT will win.  You have to dump a bunch of money to get to the power output of the 5.0, you'd have to go bigger turbo because on the track you're in the upper rpm range the whole time and the stock turbo runs out of steam up there.  and even then you'd just be matching the stock 5.0 power with questionable reliability... with the 5.0 you can just focus on suspension mods...

Is there actually an "average" track? Most I've seen are either more bends and less straights which requires better acceleration, or more speed areas which require more top end power.

No I'm dead serious, every single video I play has an ad.

ok then seriously WTF??? they charge you and still show you ads?  isn't the whole reason for paying is to not get ads?

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

ok then seriously WTF??? they charge you and still show you ads?  isn't the whole reason for paying is to not get ads?

Well I kinda don't pay, I have the free year but I'm sure so does everyone else.

Is there actually an "average" track? Most I've seen are either more bends and less straights which requires better acceleration, or more speed areas which require more top end power.

I mean if you took it to like 10 tracks, I think the GT would be faster at most of them

Well I kinda don't pay, I have the free year but I'm sure so does everyone else.

still... you got that on a promotion... you should be getting the same experience as a paying customer...

can a paying customer chime in on this?

I mean if you took it to like 10 tracks, I think the GT would be faster at most of them

Eh, true. Someone needs to take two stock cars and compare em stock vs stock and then straight tuned vs tuned as best as they can and see how that goes. Then give each a set total price (base of the car + cash until you hit $50k total or each car has $10k for mods on top of stock price) and then see how they perform.

still... you got that on a promotion... you should be getting the same experience as a paying customer...

can a paying customer chime in on this?

Make note:

Nothing ever works for me, ever.

Eh, true. Someone needs to take two stock cars and compare em stock vs stock and then straight tuned vs tuned as best as they can and see how that goes. They give each a set total price (base of the car + cash until you hit $50k total or each car has $10k for mods on top of stock price) and then see how they perform.

lets do a kickstarter, you do one and I'll do the other...

I call dibs on the GT

COTA and Road America comes to mind. Maybe Sebring if it wasnt so bumpy. Tracks like Watkins Glen / Lime Rock / Willow Springs Fall on the twistier end whereas CTMP is a lot faster. Mazda Raceway for elevation change.

Every track is unique so it really depends on the vehicles you're comparing.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

lets do a kickstarter, you do one and I'll do the other...

I call dibs on the GT

I'm okay with that. :P

COTA and Road America comes to mind. Maybe Sebring if it wasnt so bumpy. Tracks like Watkins Glen / Lime Rock tend to be twistier whereas CTMP is a lot faster. Mazda Raceway for elevation change.

Sebring would be a fun test of the IRS. I'm a little bit sad I don't remember tracks around America like I used to.

COTA and Road America comes to mind. Maybe Sebring if it wasnt so bumpy. Tracks like Watkins Glen / Lime Rock / Willow Springs Fall on the twistier end whereas CTMP is a lot faster. Mazda Raceway for elevation change.

I don't know Watkins Glen and Lime Rock, but the rest that you listed the GT would kill

I'm okay with that. :P

Sebring would be a fun test of the IRS. I'm a little bit sad I don't remember tracks around American like I used to.

Doesn't help that some of them are going out of business. Then you have private tracks like the Thermal Club. Others that are changing hands like Miller Motorsports Park, which was just bought by MyTime Racing - a subsidiary of Geely, but one whose focus is solely motorsports.

Laguna Seca is quickly falling out of favour because of it's location and the restriction on db levels, with Indianapolis taking over that role.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Doesn't help that some of them are going out of business. Then you have private tracks like the Thermal Club. Others that are changing hands like Miller Motorsports Park, which was just bought by MyTime Racing - a subsidiary of Geely, but one whose focus is solely motorsports.

Laguna Seca is quickly falling out of favour because of it's location and the restriction on db levels, with Indianapolis taking over that role.

Yeah but I used to actually remember the names of many tracks around the country but now I could name maybe three off the top of my head.

I would love my own private track one day though.

would you trade a '99 maxima fully loaded for it? Near new winter tires on it and new brake disks new suspension too.

If you add some cash on top. How many km?

"Rawr XD"

How I want to drive that fast... (if only the roads here were better and the cops less hungry)

Mustang. :ph34r:

SWNS_FUR_RARI_09-1.jpg

:ph34r:

I like how you guys could have a Mustang or Ferrari in your area and get in trouble for driving at lower speeds then I do in my Chevy Equinox

"Rawr XD"

If you add some cash on top. How many km?

240000..... Perfect mechanically

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I like how you guys could have a Mustang or Ferrari in your area and get in trouble for driving at lower speeds then I do in my Chevy Equinox

Ah, but that's if you get caught.

240000..... Perfect mechanically

With like 2k on top cause that Maxima is worth like 2200-2300, and the beamer cost me 4500

"Rawr XD"

OMFG

Do people not pay attention

VESSEL 

LIKE CABLE TV

IS PAY TO WATCH EARLY.

Ah, but that's if you get caught.

Don't have to worry about that here lol, people fly by cops at 100+ mph all day and it's just like meh not my problem as long as you're not doing Arab drifting. Sometimes they'll even race if they're in a good mood.

"Rawr XD"

Don't have to worry about that here lol, people fly by cops at 100+ mph all day and it's just like meh not my problem as long as you're not doing Arab drifting. Sometimes they'll even race if they're in a good mood.

The cops over here

(Detriot and my city  next ot it.)

Drive Ford explorers. Supped UP FAST ASS ONES. and chargers.

I saw an undercover hellcat charger  too. scared me shitless. 

Yeah Canadians tend to have more of a sense of humor. What annoys me is El Paso cops seem to be more angry than all the other places I've been to.

I saw an undercover hellcat too. scared me shitless. 

Don't worry, you'll get away if you find a corner. :ph34r: