Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

6 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

Look at it. Just look at it. 

2016-Porsche-911-GT3-RS-Exterior-Front-E

And oh yeah, I'm back. ;) 

Spent the last month or so heavily renovating my grandfather's ~160 year old farm house (which he's lived in since 1960 and died there back in December last year). Finally moved in this past week. Still unpacking and working on things, but we're in and slowly getting settled. :) Nice to have our own house for a change. We've only lived in basement apartments for the last 9 years. 

Hope everyone's doing well. I see this thread hasn't slowed down much. ;)

Look at these.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

3 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Look at these.

Id have black wheels on the silver one. Rest of it looks perfect xD

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

I have been thinking about the starlet and i just realize something, i started it with the idea that it would become a killer drift car, i finishen it with that in mind and now i have a car that wont understeer and might actually flip instead of drift if you provoke it too hard..... #Grip4Dayz is fun and all but i allways envisioned going through a corner sideways with my wheels on the ground....

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

6 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Id have black wheels on the silver one. Rest of it looks perfect xD

:ph34r:

Now that I think about it, I've only seen GT3RSs in these three colours lol. I know PFAFF has a blue and pink (ruby red PTS) one in inventory, but I havent seen it myself.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Just now, chaozbandit said:

:ph34r:

Now that I think about it, I've only seen GT3RSs in these three colours lol. I know PFAFF has a blue and pink (ruby red PTS) one in inventory, but I havent seen it myself.

Im still yet to see one in person, seen a few GT3's. Don't exactly live in a city with many expensive things. Although I have seen a P1 and an Aventador around here, need to get myself down to London or something next year and do some car spotting in the summer.

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

For the Questions of the week, my year is 1989, the year my dream car (which i've owned one of now :D not anymore :( ) the R32 GTR, I still fantasize about putting a supercharged LS3 in one WHILE retaining the 4WD system, I think it can be done, and actually pretty easily, but only with a dry sump and would need quite a few custom parts including drive shafts, so not cheap.

Not that I don't like a nice RB26DETT, but I can't stand high powered, low displacement turbo cars on the street, i thought about building an RB34DET with a Spool 3.4 liter stroker kit, in the RB 30 block with an RB25 head (variable cam timing, and with a neo head no worse flow then the RB26), low rev limit (about 7k) and a borg warner variable geometry turbo...

okay I just went on a little tangent there, sorry, 

12 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

didnt mean to quote maybach here....

theres a forum user by the name of @Mr.Deadpool who lives in victoria (i think he lives in victoria, from what i can remember that is what his profile says) he recently imported a hakosuka (four door) and an rb 26dett into australia, from what i can remember he was going to swap the hako and make it look as original as possible from the outside but modify it as much as he could underneath to make it a monsterous sleeper.

edit: i actualy meant to quote @ttoks

Edited by Strando123
quoted the wrong person

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

3 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

theres a forum user by the name of @Mr.Deadpool who lives in victoria (i think he lives in victoria, from what i can remember that is what his profile says) he recently imported a hakosuka (four door) and an rb 26dett into australia, from what i can remember he was going to swap the hako and make it look as original as possible from the outside but modify it as much as he could underneath to make it a monsterous sleeper.

hes not been around in almost 2 months lol

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

hes not been around in almost 2 months lol

oh sh!t! is @Mr.Deadpool kill?

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Just now, Mr.Deadpool said:

No young one, i am not kill..... I AM DEADPOOL!

damn, long time no see! how is the hako doing?

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Just now, Strando123 said:

damn, long time no see! how is the hako doing?

Havent started the hako yet, i currently just daily it as is and it is a soul-full little thing! Also yeah sorry for my lack of activity, i have had my hands full of other things. (Mainly work, have been doing some planning and preparing for the hako project too but it hasnt been as prioritized as i was hoping, i thought i would have time to get a good start on the project this summer but i had quite a bit of other more important things to deal with)

1 minute ago, Mr.Deadpool said:

Havent started the hako yet, i currently just daily it as is and it is a soul-full little thing! Also yeah sorry for my lack of activity, i have had my hands full of other things. (Mainly work, have been doing some planning and preparing for the hako project too but it hasnt been as prioritized as i was hoping, i thought i would have time to get a good start on the project this summer but i had quite a bit of other more important things to deal with)

You got any pictures of it? Sounds kinda cool

16 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

Quotes are broken

Yeah @iDeFecZx here are some pics from when i went to pick it up in Japan:

skyline-2000gt-r-pgc10-sale-japan.jpg

skyline-2000gt-r-pgc10-sale-japan (1).jpg

skyline-2000gt-r-pgc10-sale-japan (2).jpg

skyline-2000gt-r-pgc10-sale-japan (3).jpg

skyline-2000gt-r-pgc10-sale-japan (4).jpg

skyline-2000gt-r-pgc10-sale-japan (5).jpg

(Sorry for those White borders, i had the intention of getting the photos printed in a polaroid style and make a picture diary from stock to "rock" but i havent done anything to it yet so that plan is on hold and as you can see it isnt 100% stock but it is still in really good condition)

7 minutes ago, Mr.Deadpool said:

(Sorry for those White borders, i had the intention of getting the photos printed in a polaroid style and make a picture diary from stock to "rock" but i havent done anything to it yet so that plan is on hold and as you can see it isnt 100% stock but it is still in really good condition)

whoa, that car is beautifull!

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

1 minute ago, Strando123 said:

whoa, that car is beautifull!

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Mr.Deadpool said:

Its amazing how good condition old Japanese cars usually are. Even early 2000s Euro cars look significantly worse lol. I had a look around for some a while ago and the cheapest one I could find was £80k! Looks fantastic :P

2 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Its amazing how good condition old Japanese cars usually are. Even early 2000s Euro cars look significantly worse lol. I had a look around for some a while ago and the cheapest one I could find was £80k! Looks fantastic :P

Yeah, this one cost me around 130k Australian dollars (with shipping and import fees)

1 minute ago, Mr.Deadpool said:

Yeah, this one cost me around 130k Australian dollars (with shipping and import fees)

want to trade it for my kp61 toyota starlet? :P

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Just now, Strando123 said:

want to trade it for my kp61 toyota starlet? :P

Wow, is that your car? Damn! I had a kp61 for my first car, Great fun to drive! 

(Saw some pictures when you had put the plates back on, looks sweet!)

Ps: loving that 4age swap!

I dont think anyone in the comments on 'wreckedexotics' actually like any cars at all.

This is going live in a few! @MEC-777 @bcredeur97

I hate editing my own stuff because my writing has gotten worse lol.

Edit: ITS LIVE

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/toronto-cars-coffee-august-edition-1784964636

f3abq0zj3arksid3yfml.JPG

Folding@Home | BOINC

4 hours ago, Strando123 said:

I have been thinking about the starlet and i just realize something, i started it with the idea that it would become a killer drift car, i finishen it with that in mind and now i have a car that wont understeer and might actually flip instead of drift if you provoke it too hard..... #Grip4Dayz is fun and all but i allways envisioned going through a corner sideways with my wheels on the ground....

maybe crappier compound on the tires?

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

What do you guys think about the new volvos? i personally love the design! (Im Norwegian though)

I saw you where motorcycle friendly, so i thought i could post this here... i have a moped (50cc) i know it is not a motorcycle, but i wondered what more i could do to it, and what you think about the looks. Thanks for answers... :) I have put on whaite spokeskins and white handguards.

moped1.jpg