What do you do with unused flash drives?

DtrollMC

I have a ton of usb flash drives laying around, from 8GB to 140GB. What are some cool things to do with some of them?

1 minute ago, DtrollMC said:

I have a ton of usb flash drives laying around, from 8GB to 140GB. What are some cool things to do with some of them?

I like to have one windows-to-go stick + a stick with a lot of testing/benchmarking software.

PC Specs: Intel Core i7-8700k - Asus ROG Z370 MAXIMUS X HERO - 2x8gb Kingston Predator DDR4 3200MHz - MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti gaming X Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - Samsung 850 PRO 256gb - Samsung 850 EVO 500gb - Seagate Barracuda 2tb - Fractal Design Meshify C - Asus PCE-AC56 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 CM 700W.

Peripherals: Corsair K70 LUX - Steelseries Rival 310 - Dell S2417DG - Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro - Audioengine D1.

Put Linux distro or Windows for future reuse and troubleshooting

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

there are really no cool things to do with a usb flash drive, if you have an excessive amount of them, sell some ?, you could play around and possibly raid them if you really wanted but it wouldnt be any use really. 

Let's see.....

I have a 64gb mini flash drive on my keychain that I use for random crap, and then the rest are all blank -- until I put an OS installer on it and then forget which one has it and put the same installer on a different drive. Eventually I format them all and start over. There really isn't anything useful/cool to do with flash drives.

I have:

• One 4gb
  • Four 8gb
  • Three 16gb (+two more 16gb flash drives in my server)
  • Two 32gb
  • Two 64gb

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I keep a 64gb on my keychain that has Hirens bootable with a folder for other similar programs and storage.

Main PC = I5 7600K @4.5ghz, Asus Gtx1070, 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz, 480GB SSD, Msi Z270 Mobo.

ok:

1 win 10 installer with english language

1 win 10 installer with swedish language

1 Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon installer

2 random crap

1 important crap

1 empty

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016