AMD conspiracy?

bertybasset
Go to solution Solved by LAwLz,
23 hours ago, bertybasset said:

So Ryzen forced Intel's hand and caused chaos and now we're already seeing better CPUs rolling off the AMD line, Vega appears as Nvidia are at the end of the 10 series, so my question with the limited stock and no one really getting access to the Vega chip to build partner cards is this a radeon double bluff to force new architecture from Nvidia and then radeon bring out the proper cards ? 

Wait, hold on, let's back up and think for a second.

If I understand you correctly, your thoughts goes like this:

1) AMD releases a good CPU architecture.

2) Intel is forced to release better CPUs to stay competitive (6 core i5s for example).

3) AMD will release even better CPUs soon, putting even more pressure on Intel.

1) AMD releases Vega and puts some pressure on Nvidia.

2) Nvidia's GPUs are getting old.

3) AMD bluffs that they can do what they did with Ryzen, and have a better version up their sleeve that they will release soon.

Is that correct?

Not sure where the limited GPU stock fits in though.

Anyway, I don't think it makes any sense on any level. In order to keep the pressure up you have to consistently release good products after good products. That's (like you said) not what happened with Vega, which is mediocre at best.

Secondly, how would it benefit AMD to bluff about having a better product than they actually have? All that would do is make Nvidia crush them by releasing an even better product than needed.

It sounds like you took some observations (Ryzen doing well, Ryzen+ being on its way, Vega being released, GPU shortage, and Nvidia preppting to release a new architecture) and then tried to string it all together.

There has to be motivation behind conspiracy theories, and things have to link together in a logical way. Your theory lacks both from what I can tell, but maybe you can elaborate on it more.

So Ryzen forced Intel's hand and caused chaos and now we're already seeing better CPUs rolling off the AMD line, Vega appears as Nvidia are at the end of the 10 series, so my question with the limited stock and no one really getting access to the Vega chip to build partner cards is this a radeon double bluff to force new architecture from Nvidia and then radeon bring out the proper cards ? 

AMD laid out their release plans well in advanced. Nothing is coming by surprise.

No.

All businesses have plans that are years in advance. At best they have a few months leeway to play with release dates in response to market changes. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

No I'm not confusing it's a general thing that the partners are not getting the Vega chips so can not produce the partner cards, also if your planning to release some thing to compete why make it sub par and below spec to actually compete with what's around, looking at all the recent reviews the 64 is not doing great 

2 hours ago, Glenwing said:

I think you're confusing "gamers can't get their hands on Vega cards" with "no one can get their hands on Vega cards".

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=-1&IsNodeId=1&Description=vega&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=36

actually newegg's got some, but for $1000 and above i doubt you'd actually consider it unless you're a hardcore fanboy.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Spoiler

caution-tin-foil-hat-area-19232277.png

In all seriousness, I love how it's always a conspiracy when the "underdog" pulls an ace out of the sleeve.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

6 hours ago, bertybasset said:

also if your planning to release some thing to compete why make it sub par and below spec to actually compete with what's around, looking at all the recent reviews the 64 is not doing great 

Because it’s litterally all they have. Amd has no reason to release a bad gpu, they just lose market share to nvidia. Do you think they can magically pull new architectures and chips out of their ass to compete with nvidia?

6 hours ago, bertybasset said:

also if your planning to release some thing to compete why make it sub par and below spec to actually compete with what's around, looking at all the recent reviews the 64 is not doing great 

Remember AMD produced ZEN, most of its resources went in to ZEN. Which left little resources for Radeon Group. Either AMD is successful in CPU's or GPU's, they dont have the resources to do good in both. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

9 hours ago, bertybasset said:

...Normally I'd response to something stupid like this with the typical 'LOL NO' but I'm peeved that none of this, even if true, would be a 'conspiracy' and I have to wonder if you even know what the word 'conspiracy' means.

2 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

...Normally I'd response to something stupid like this with the typical 'LOL NO' but I'm peeved that none of this, even if true, would be a 'conspiracy' and I have to wonder if you even know what the word 'conspiracy' means.

Sometimes I wonder if the misuse of the word conspiracy is itself a conspiracy by the global elite to misuse and dilute the word so much, that no one is able to detect a true conspiracy anymore.

3 hours ago, Legendarypoet said:

Sometimes I wonder if the misuse of the word conspiracy is itself a conspiracy by the global elite to misuse and dilute the word so much, that no one is able to detect a true conspiracy anymore.

He's cottoned on to use lizard leader, the conspiracy has been busted.  Time to go to plan B,  Implement the conspiracy conspiracy conspiracy.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Nvidia doesn't have to be worried. 

They could probably support themselves on Quadro and Tesla cards alone.

Nvidia is making bank from Pascal. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

this is probably the most half baked "conspiracy" I've seen for a while regarding AMD/Intel/NVidia

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

23 hours ago, bertybasset said:

Wait, hold on, let's back up and think for a second.

If I understand you correctly, your thoughts goes like this:

1) AMD releases a good CPU architecture.

2) Intel is forced to release better CPUs to stay competitive (6 core i5s for example).

3) AMD will release even better CPUs soon, putting even more pressure on Intel.

1) AMD releases Vega and puts some pressure on Nvidia.

2) Nvidia's GPUs are getting old.

3) AMD bluffs that they can do what they did with Ryzen, and have a better version up their sleeve that they will release soon.

Is that correct?

Not sure where the limited GPU stock fits in though.

Anyway, I don't think it makes any sense on any level. In order to keep the pressure up you have to consistently release good products after good products. That's (like you said) not what happened with Vega, which is mediocre at best.

Secondly, how would it benefit AMD to bluff about having a better product than they actually have? All that would do is make Nvidia crush them by releasing an even better product than needed.

It sounds like you took some observations (Ryzen doing well, Ryzen+ being on its way, Vega being released, GPU shortage, and Nvidia preppting to release a new architecture) and then tried to string it all together.

There has to be motivation behind conspiracy theories, and things have to link together in a logical way. Your theory lacks both from what I can tell, but maybe you can elaborate on it more.