Minecraft coming to PlayStation 3 on Wednesday, December 18th

Youbetternot

Minecraft is finally coming to the playstation, however only for playstation 3. The Minecraft version for playstation 3 will cost probably the same as the xbox 360 version and be out this Wednesday. 

5968-ec86395f_680_400.jpg

In an announcement today, Mojand has confirmed that Minecraft will be available for download for Sony's PlayStation 3, from the PlayStation Store, on Wednesday, December 18th. They mentioned that people should expect it to cost the same as the Xbox 360 version.

In the announcement, they also took a little time to answer some of the most common questions they have received from people concerning the launch;

Does Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition feature everything from the other versions of Minecraft?

Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition comes with everything present in other console versions. They're pretty-much identical to play, and will be developed in tandem from now on.

Will Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition feature DLC texture packs and skins?

Downloadable skins and texture packs will be available from PlayStation Store soon after release.

Will there be Sony-specific content?

Sony-specific skins and texture packs would be cool! Fingers crossed, eh?

Will Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition feature Remote Play/compatibility with the Vita/PS4 editions?

We don't know yet, sorry. We'll let you know as soon as we do.

Will there be a day-one patch for Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition?

Yes! We recommend you download it!

Does Herobrine feature in Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition?

Probably not.

Source: http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/5968/minecraft-coming-to-playstation-3-on-wednesday-december-18th.html

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

holy crap

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

No PS4? man what does mojang have against sony?

Releasing it for the old platform is like shooting yourself in the foot anyway.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Have you notice they release stuff for Microsoft first then Sony a long time after. These Haters.

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

I play on PC so..........................

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Such cool. Well, not really. But can it run shaders? No. No it can't.

Sigh, I want shaders :(

Have you notice they release stuff for Microsoft first then Sony a long time after. These Haters.

Um mojang has only released one console port, 1 point on a graph does not make a trend. I think it is just stupid of them overall.

And i bet you still no cross platform, disappointing.

For a game that has literally no competitive side why not have cross platform? 

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

And i bet you still no cross platform, disappointing.

For a game that has literally no competitive side why not have cross platform? 

It's probably impossible. What PC person would want to play with the tiny worlds of the 360? And then the abundance of mods that would probably destroy a console.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

It is coming to the PS4. There's no release date for the PS4 version yet.

COMIC SANS

Minecraft will rule the world

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

>minecraft coming to playstation 3

What the hell are you doing, mojang?

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

I don't know why anyone would want to Minecraft on anything that isn't a PC (unless they are little kids with xboxes). With all the mods ect, seems kinda boring to do vanilla.

Great. Get ready for a crap ton of "Let's play Minecraft" all over YouTube.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

I wish minecraft would've remained PC-exclusive.  I stopped playing a while ago, but reading this brings back memories..

I use to play that game non-stop up until the beta ended.

This accurately sums up how I feel about Minecraft.

GW2: Vettexl.9726

Uh what? What would you rather do in a situation like this;

A. Release a game for a platform that has tens of millions of active users, then release the game for the newer platform?

OR

B. Release a game for a new platform that has very little install base?

Personally, I and I bet many others, would choose option A.

Minecraft on consoles is a joke. But hey, at least Mojang can get some extra money from the lost souls of peasants haha :)

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

Uh what? What would you rather do in a situation like this;

A. Release a game for a platform that has tens of millions of active users, then release the game for the newer platform?

OR

B. Release a game for a new platform that has very little install base?

Personally, I and I bet many others, would choose option A.

But in the long term you will be losing people each year while PS4 will be growing each year. Sure if you could do both I would but out of the two I would do the one that will still have players in 5 years (assuming the PC master race has not taken over!)

rockstar released gta5 on dieing consoles and look at it, they also released SA as the ps2 was dieing and look at that...

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

rockstar released gta5 on dieing consoles and look at it, they also released SA as the ps2 was dieing and look at that...

What about it? People doing it does not make it the best course of action?

What about it? People doing it does not make it the best course of action?

better than making the game for the ps4 first everyone has a ps3 but not everyone had a ps4. Ps3 has a much larger userbase :P

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

It'll be released the same time as xbone