Minecraft coming to PlayStation 3 on Wednesday, December 18th

Youbetternot

No PS4? man what does mojang have against sony?

Releasing it for the old platform is like shooting yourself in the foot anyway.

It'll be released the same time as xbone

Minecraft on consoles is a joke. But hey, at least Mojang can get some extra money from the lost souls of peasants haha :)

It's not a joke the community is better and people are more friendly

people are more friendly

I wouldn't say that  but the PC minecraft community is full of kids screaming to be made admin on servers. The xbox community is much better but that is not saying much.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I wouldn't say that  but the PC minecraft community is full of kids screaming to be made admin on servers. The xbox community is much better but that is not saying much.

I think people wanting to be admin is the death of PC minecraft

Let's put a game that's best with a ton of mods on platforms that don't support them !

I smell Rockstar influence

I think people wanting to be admin is the death of PC minecraft

Private servers? No?

Everyone bitching about this port are literally retarded.

Expanded business for a company that's actually doing new things? ER!AGERD CONSOLE PEJAODNRISDKJDKDJSKS Y U DO THIS MOJANG ERMAGERD U SHOULD ONLY HAVE MADE IT FOR PC U SUCK OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGNDOFJSKFJSKFMSK

It does make more sense to release on the PS3 rather than the PS4 considering there are more people who own a PS3 at this point and minecraft probably doesn't run any worse. that said I still don't see any platform making sense other than PC, and that's before you even consider mods. Definitely seems like a way for Mojang to make some money on the side off people who don't know any better.

But in the long term you will be losing people each year while PS4 will be growing each year. Sure if you could do both I would but out of the two I would do the one that will still have players in 5 years (assuming the PC master race has not taken over!)

It's pretty obvious that Minecraft is trying to spread itself to every single platform available.

Now that everyone will be transitioning to the next gen consoles, they all will buy it, again, for possibly the third, fourth, fifth or sixth time. Once on 360, once on PS3, and once on PS4. Hell if you have to repurchase it on Xbox One, then that's four purchases per person. Oh and if you want it on PC and mobile, that's another 2 different purchases, for the same game, on different platforms.

Supply and demand my friend. There is more demand on the PS3 than the PS4 currently and they have an infinite amount of supply. Sure in 5 years the PS4 will definitely have more players than they do now, but completely disregarding the last generation consoles is a waste of potential sales, and it will sell, Minecraft always sells.

It's pretty obvious that Minecraft is trying to spread itself to every single platform available.

Now that everyone will be transitioning to the next gen consoles, they all will buy it, again, for possibly the third, fourth, fifth or sixth time. Once on 360, once on PS3, and once on PS4. Hell if you have to repurchase it on Xbox One, then that's four purchases per person. Oh and if you want it on PC and mobile, that's another 2 different purchases, for the same game, on different platforms.

Supply and demand my friend. There is more demand on the PS3 than the PS4 currently and they have an infinite amount of supply. Sure in 5 years the PS4 will definitely have more players than they do now, but completely disregarding the last generation consoles is a waste of potential sales, and it will sell, Minecraft always sells.

That is a good point, they can sell now but they can't later.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Let's put a game that's best with a ton of mods on platforms that don't support them !

I smell Rockstar influence

Private servers? No?

Setting up a private server on console is much easier and the fps never drops it stays 60 even if you blew the entire world up

I will only buy the vita version, why play the console version when i can play the pc version?

But first I have to buy a vita, I just hope borderlands 2 will be good.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

It'll be released the same time as xbone It's not a joke the community is better and people are more friendly

Console community is better? Sorry, I didn't know you considered homophobic twelve year olds "better"

Console community is better? Sorry, I didn't know you considered homophobic twelve year olds "better"

I experience more children on PC as I play good cs and minecraft

It's probably impossible. What PC person would want to play with the tiny worlds of the 360? And then the abundance of mods that would probably destroy a console.

I would think of it more like, the console person would play with the PC person not the other way around. My thought was because

the new generation of consoles are supposed to be the closest thing to a pc architecture since ever, that you would be able to join

a PC server. Minecraft without any mods would be a pretty dull game, besides all the plugins i use make managing the server so much

easier.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

I would think of it more like, the console person would play with the PC person not the other way around. My thought was because

the new generation of consoles are supposed to be the closest thing to a pc architecture since ever, that you would be able to join

a PC server. Minecraft without any mods would be a pretty dull game, besides all the plugins i use make managing the server so much

easier.

But like I said I don't think that would be possible. A console person can't play with a PC person if the PC has unlimited world generation, while the console versions have a very limited world generation. The PC would have to play with the console, and unless you had tons of console friends I don't know who would do that. As for the mods, you can't guarantee they'd work with the console.

Maybe there won't be limited worlds for Xbox One and PS4, but there are for 360 and PS3.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I experience more children on PC as I play good cs and minecraft

I guess I'm just assuming based off the typical 12 year old Call of Duty stereotype.  Sorry for my blatantly judgmental self :P

I don't know why anyone would want to Minecraft on anything that isn't a PC (unless they are little kids with xboxes). With all the mods ect, seems kinda boring to do vanilla.

Trust me, it's not boring. With the addition of texture packs to the game, which was admittedly late, has kept me going for hours building things with their new skins. I can think of countless hours I've spent building on the small worlds, constantly expanding my castle, building Villages within the walls, creating great halls, and much more, and then helping my many friends, again countless hours spent doing that. It not that boring without mods, even when the worlds are limited to a small percentage of what PC minecraft is like.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Yes it is, (excuse me as I may get defensive), You are generalizing a community much larger than the PC gaming community. I have never experienced "homophobic twelve year olds" in any other game besides CoD. @nicholaswillems is the absolute epitome of the reason why I hesitated to start playing on PC, The PC elitism is much, much more worse than console fanboy's saying "PC gaming sucks". I actually think, now with the many posts on this thread, that the PC gaming elitism is the twelve year olds, not the console community. This is what makes me sick to say that I play on PC.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Yes it is, (excuse me as I may get defensive), You are generalizing a community much larger than the PC gaming community. I have never experienced "homophobic twelve year olds" in any other game besides CoD. @nicholaswillems is the absolute epitome of the reason why I hesitated to start playing on PC, The PC elitism is much, much more worse than console fanboy's saying "PC gaming sucks". I actually think, now with the many posts on this thread, that the PC gaming elitism is the twelve year olds, not the console community. This is what makes me sick to say that I play on PC.

Thanks for not starting a war of insults, and yes, I can see the validity of your point. I guess I'm just so used to seeing those types of people on console,

Because the only games I've played seriously on consoles are COD and Grand theft Auto (both very appealing to pricks, in my opinion). On the other hand, I always try to surround myself with mature and somewhat intelligent people while on PC, so I usually don't notice the bad people. Sorry for my quick-to-judge attitude. :P

But like I said I don't think that would be possible. A console person can't play with a PC person if the PC has unlimited world generation, while the console versions have a very limited world generation. The PC would have to play with the console, and unless you had tons of console friends I don't know who would do that. As for the mods, you can't guarantee they'd work with the console.

Maybe there won't be limited worlds for Xbox One and PS4, but there are for 360 and PS3.

The console port is basically Minecraft 1.2.3. Cross platform won't be happening, period.

I myself own a ps3, although I really prefer PC so it's not used too much anymore. (that peasant thing was not serious btw) I just find minecraft on a console a joke because it's severely limited. Not only the content, which is okay, but lots of texture packs and skins are paid, while you can get tons of those for free on pc or you can even design your own. I do agree with the community thing, I had the luck to play in a relatively friendly and mature server, but any bigger server you come on, you see people screaming "MAKE ME MOD PLS xD", which is why I always search smaller servers.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

The console port is basically Minecraft 1.2.3. Cross platform won't be happening, period.

It doesn't have a equal pc update it has something from later updates and didn't get some things 4j studios should be the head development of the PC version for their massive optimization they made the ps3 version run the whole game on ps3 run on 80mb of ram

I was speaking generally of the xbox one and ps4 because i know the issues of the last gen hardware. That being said it's pretty much

a pipe dream to have any client based plugins. But all my plugins are server based and do server functions so it wouldn't be an issue,

or there is no foreseeable issues i can think of.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

I myself own a ps3, although I really prefer PC so it's not used too much anymore. (that peasant thing was not serious btw) I just find minecraft on a console a joke because it's severely limited. Not only the content, which is okay, but lots of texture packs and skins are paid, while you can get tons of those for free on pc or you can even design your own. I do agree with the community thing, I had the luck to play in a relatively friendly and mature server, but any bigger server you come on, you see people screaming "MAKE ME MOD PLS xD", which is why I always search smaller servers.

I knew the peasant thing was a joke. I just don't find it funny because it over used IMO.

It doesn't have a equal pc update it has something from later updates and didn't get some things 4j studios should be the head development of the PC version for their massive optimization they made the ps3 version run the whole game on ps3 run on 80mb of ram

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say, but completely gutting a game in order to get it to run on decade-old hardware is not "optimization".