BTC, LTC, etc, about to have a major crash

BgG286

I have an app on my phone which tells me the current pricing for BTC and LTC, and I just noticed that LTC went down to $24 USD. I thought it was kind of odd, so I checked BTC-e to see what was up. Everyone in the chat over there was going absolutely crazy mentioning how the biggest crash in these currencies will come when China wakes up in a few hours. They posted this link in there. I only briefly skimmed through it, and thus really have no idea why it matters. But anyway, here's the link for those interested. 

http://www.coindesk.com/china-bans-payment-companies-working-bitcoin-exchanges-sources-claim/

EDIT: I have no idea how valid or not this news is. Other people in that chat are now saying that the article is fake. I have no idea, I'm just spreading what I know.

System specs:  CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 705e unlocked to x4 overclocked to 2.8GHz   |   MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS   |   Cooler: Hyper 212+   |   GPU: MSI GTX 560ti OC to 910Mhz   |   RAM: 8GB PNY DDR3 1333   |   HDDS: WD Caviar Blue 320GB, Hitachi 500GB HDD   |   PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W   |   Peripherals: Microsoft wireless mouse, old mac keyboard, ASUS VS238H, Gateway FPD2275W, some speakers, Logitech Driving Force Pro

ah man I just started mining litecoin :/ bummer I had just mined my first one yesterday

If anyone is interested in watching the market, here is a good website to watch the price of Bitcoin in real time..

http://bitcoinity.org/markets

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

BTC has crashed several times. It's all part of the CIRCLE OF LYFEEEEEEEEEEE

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

I've been watching BTC and LTC prices all day today because I have nothing better to do, the people in the troll box don't know what they're talking about and they just lie so other people make them more money, but you should have seen the BTC crash at around 2, went down like $200 in a matter of minutes

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

honestly nobody knows whats gonna happen

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

Grandcoin is the most profitible atm. honestly it sux because they all keep fluctuating so much

BTC has crashed several times. It's all part of the CIRCLE OF LYFEEEEEEEEEEE

This.

Guys, that chat box is called the "Troll Box" for a reason. The site even calls it that. Don't listen to them. They are stupid. 

Not saying it won't happen. Just saying you can't trust anyone in that chat as far as you can throw them (and you can't, since you can't touch them).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

People don't seem to understand that this is a constant thing and always happens...

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Getting out now before the crash starts (it kind of already has). Maybe I'll be able to buy more LTC. Who knows.

COMIC SANS

i expected this. Bitcoin is getting more known with it reaching $900, so many people have bought AMD cards to mine.

More people mining = less rare

less rare = less value

Dunno if that's what'll actually happen but that's what i think

Didn't the ban happen a while ago, and there was already a drop

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

i expected this. Bitcoin is getting more known with it reaching $900, so many people have bought AMD cards to mine.

More people mining = less rare

less rare = less value

Dunno if that's what'll actually happen but that's what i think

Thats basically whats gunna happen I bet but you forgot:

more people mining = higher difficulty 

higher difficulty = more rare

more rare = more value

:P

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Thats basically whats gunna happen I bet but you forgot:

more people mining = higher difficulty 

higher difficulty = more rare

more rare = more value

:P

i think it'll have a huge drop, then people will stop mining and then it'll just like stabilize

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

ah man I just started mining litecoin :/ bummer I had just mined my first one yesterday.

So? Just because it went down,doesnt mean it wont go back up!

I got my first one yesterday and i dont care that much now, i'd be a lot more affected if LTC price went extremely high now, when i dont have much to sell, than price going down when im still mining.

Which will put off some people= difficulty will rise a bit slower giving everyone else more coins.

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Bitcoin theme song

Just gonna repeat what I always say.

• Bitcoins will never be a serious currency as long as it fluctuates this much.
  • It was a bubble, and now it has popped. It bubbled up in the past (and popped) and it will probably bubble up in the future.
  • Don't invest anything you can't afford to lose. Don't take loans to buy bitcoins, don't put your life savings into bitcoins, don't sell stuff to get money to buy bitcoins. Buy it if you got some money to spare.
  • There are a ton of people manipulating the market. We see it every time the bubble is about to burst. Either big sites goes down so that nobody can buy or sell, or we see bots selling back and forth at ridiculous prices to artificially inflate the price.
  • Anyone who gives you the advice is probably trying to screw you over for personal gains. Don't trust anyone saying "you should buy now" or "you shouldn't sell those bitcoins".

Here comes the almighty influx of cheap AMD cards on eBay!

Oh I hope that this will be true. I may be able to snag another 7950 for cheap!

COMIC SANS

You do realize causing a panic about a crash will cause the crash?

Good. I want it to crash.

COMIC SANS

Oh I hope that this will be true. I may be able to snag another 7950 for cheap!

I'm pretty sure he means the prices are raising, because 7950s and 7970s are going for crazy prices right now

No surprises here... I don't know how people can take bitcoin seriously.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.0GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 RAM: 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Storage: Samsung 120GB 840 SSD Cooling: Corsair H100 with Noctuas Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2

SpeedTest: http://www.speedtest.net/result/3243874809.png

Ltc is down 28%!

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.