China to ban Financial companies from bitcoin transactions

Levent

China’s central bank barred financial institutions from handling Bitcoin transactions, moving to regulate the virtual currency after an 89-fold jump in its value sparked a surge of investor interest in the country.

Bitcoin plunged more than 20 percent to below $1,000 on the BitStamp Internet exchange after the People’s Bank of China said it isn’t a currency with “real meaning” and doesn’t have the same legal status. The public is free to participate in Internet transactions provided they take on the risk themselves, it said.

The People’s Bank of China said financial institutions and payment companies can’t give pricing in Bitcoin, buy and sell the virtual currency or insure Bitcoin-linked products, according to a statement on the central bank’s website.

this seems to affect large variety of crypto currencies including litecoin which currenty is 31$ few days ago it was 40$

XLCFTWG.jpg

source:http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-05/china-s-pboc-bans-financial-companies-from-bitcoin-transactions.html

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Uh oh. It's happening...

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

gg bitcoin nice knowing you

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Before everyone panics, this is not a bad thing. A misunderstanding is what caused the panic sell, among mostly new "investors"

This is not China making a stance against Bitcoin, but rather stating it doesn't want banks or financial institutes to adopt it over their local currency at this time.

By China telling banks to keep their hands off Bitcoins, but allowing it's citizens to still purchase and use them is a massive positive news.

Expect people to realize this shortly.

You can check over at Reddit with several posts of people realizing this already.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1s5h54/inb4_chinese_panic_china_is_not_against_bitcoin/

Don't worry over the next several hours you can expect to see the media jump over this to spread FUD with more misleading article headlines. China didn't ban Bitcoin, only telling banks not to adopt it, and the people which use are responsible for their own risks.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Time for that bubble to finally pop.

So lets just add another "bubble pop" to the already 5 in the past month or two.... Bitcoin is extremely robust, I see new all time highs in the near future. China has finally stepped up and made it's stance clear, they don't want banks and financial institutes using, but want to continue helping it's citizens gain access to Bitcoin while disconnecting themselves to avoid liability.

tqOrHhk.png

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.