Having to work on a finals project, alone.

Tea1337

I am creating a small game for my finals in my Software Dev class.  I was assigned to a group with 4 people, and just 3 days later I have written 2,651 lines of code all by my self. I have create all the sprites alone, the game design along with the story line I did all alone. So over the weekend I sent each of them a copy file of all the files pertained in the game. Along with this quote "Please add in some of your own perks/features to the game"

NON OF THEM DID ANY WORK! It's due in 30 minutes and I have a 'beta' done. With a  crappy looking GUI and graphics. Very glitchy and for my 3 hours of study hall I was able to add in some needed features such as the ability to craft an item, so about 340 or so lines of code. Here are the requirements for the game:

Fully working - Nope

At least 4000 lines of completed fluent code - nope

good looking GUI - Nope

Good graphics - eh

A setup file to install to windows 8 pro - Nope

Story line - Yep

10 craft able items - only 7

How am I supposed to tell my teacher that I am the only one who worked on it and that they just talked about ponies the entire time? I'm not kidding, they talked about ponies, the ones little girls play with. 

EDIT: I got a 98% and they got a 0%. Within 5 minutes they all have to stand in the front of the class and explain why they didn't help. LOL, they're all pissed at me but that's what they get.

Tell your teacher exactly how the rest of your team are worthless and didint attempt to help you what so ever and seems its only you doing the "group" project ask for an extension and also ask to be removed from your group.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Oh God, your partners were.... *shudder* bronies.

Tell your teacher exactly how the rest of your team are worthless and didint attempt to help you what so ever and seems its only you doing the "group" project ask for an extension and also ask to be removed from your group.

Do this. Or offer to submit the project as is, and have your grade multiplied by how many people you filled in for.

So, say you would make a 25 for the project. Since there are 4 people in your group, you did the work of 4 people. 4x25 = 100. You ace it. Bam. 

I would suggest it after asking for an extension, like this: "Hey, [insert what happened], can I have an extension? Or submit the project but [insert what I just suggested]?"

I think they would be game for my suggestion because it means less work for them (keeping up with your extension/grading something late/etc), unless it's a teacher that *gasp* cares

Still, good job. However, imo, you should have said something a long time ago. Checked on them every day. Literally hounded them about it, sending emails, and texts/calling (if you have their number, and you definitely should have) every single day until you were certain they weren't gonna do jack.

Then told your teacher ahead of time. 

I'm just saying.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Just calmly explain to your professor that your group is useless as shit and you've done all the work yourself and can prove it. He or she should be kind enough to see your situation and give you an extension or at least grade leniently. 

There is not much of anything I wouldn't do to smite a pack of bronies. 

Error: 410

Definitely leave the group, you don't want them getting graded on your work.

I totally agree with @helping. Try to get in contact with your tutor ASAP and explain in detail everything and how you've had no help what-so-ever. Ask if you can get an extension to at least get the program in a stable and worthy state you're happy with. 

Hopefully he will and the others will get an epic fail 0%. I hate doing group projects cause this is how it always ended up in my experience.

Elven

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

Maybe make a easter egg in the game that explanes that they suck and didn't help

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I am creating a small game for my finals in my Software Dev class.  I was assigned to a group with 4 people, and just 3 days later I have written 2,651 lines of code all by my self. I have create all the sprites alone, the game design along with the story line I did all alone. So over the weekend I sent each of them a copy file of all the files pertained in the game. Along with this quote "Please add in some of your own perks/features to the game"

NON OF THEM DID ANY WORK! It's due in 30 minutes and I have a 'beta' done. With a  crappy looking GUI and graphics. Very glitchy and for my 3 hours of study hall I was able to add in some needed features such as the ability to craft an item, so about 340 or so lines of code. Here are the requirements for the game:

Fully working - Nope

At least 4000 lines of completed fluent code - nope

good looking GUI - Nope

Good graphics - eh

A setup file to install to windows 8 pro - Nope

Story line - Yep

10 craft able items - only 7

How am I supposed to tell my teacher that I am the only one who worked on it and that they just talked about ponies the entire time? I'm not kidding, they talked about ponies, the ones little girls play with. 

Respectfully tell you teacher your group did jack and ask for an extension- this used to happen to me but now I always try to make a sheet for each member of the group on what they have to do

Fractal R4- 4670k @ 3.4 Ghz- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb- 2TB Wd Black- 256 GB Samsung SSD- Cosair 760w PSU- Corsair h80i- ASUS CU II GTX 780- ASUS VI Hero LGA 1150

Oh god, i hate these people! :/

I had one of them in a group project, too. I didnt say anything because in the end we (or more like i) did pretty good.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

So I told him and he said I still have to turn it in. Then after that he told my partners they all get 0's on their finals for lack of helping a team mate and not contributing anything even when I asked. He told me just now he's going to make them stand in the front of the room and explain why they didn't help a single bit. I also got a 98% for trying my best, alone.

Maybe make a easter egg in the game that explanes that they suck and didn't help

LMAO this.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

This happened for the team project i was in this year and last year - not to this extreme though; my mate who is also a programmer was helping, but none of the designers did much work, and 2 other programmers left the team. i got decent grades for it though. if it's a team thing then you get marked on generally what you have contributed to and not the overall thing.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

So I told him and he said I still have to turn it in. Then after that he told my partners they all get 0's on their finals for lack of helping a team mate and not contributing anything even when I asked. He told me just now he's going to make them stand in the front of the room and explain why they didn't help a single bit. I also got a 98% for trying my best, alone.

That's pretty boss. 

I feel sorry for your partners, but... At the same time they deserve it. 

They will basically fail the class completely, right? A final is important where you go to school, I'm sure.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

make sure to post your finished project here i wanna try it :D 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Oh man that would be torture.. On the other hand it's their fault.. 

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

make sure to post your finished project here i wanna try it :D

I'll try my best during Christmas break to get out a pre-release for people to play :D