7850 or 7870

BaronKiller

Which should I get to play most games smoothly.what is the main difference between them.

The difference is better performance so get the 7870 if you can

For perhaps better perspective on performance difference a 7850 is equivalent to a 560Ti a 7870 nearer a 580

How much better?

BENCHMARKS

Go find a website that benched both with the same rig and games and see the difference

BENCHMARKS

Go find a website that benched both with the same rig and games and see the difference

I mean actual gaming performance like how many fps difference

Thats what a benchmark provides...

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

personaly 7850 was crazy bang for buck getting harder to find now though my gfs 78509 plays basicly anything 1080p high or ultra exept like metro last light and crysis games

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

For perhaps better perspective on performance difference a 7850 is equivalent to a 560Ti a 7870 nearer a 580

The 7850 is quite a bit more powerful than the 560 Ti and is a bit faster than a 660. 

Depends on the game and settings... 5 more fps at ultra is not the same thing as 5 more fps at low. 

Go look up benchmarks.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you can jump on the deal for the XFX Double D Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition FX-787A-CDFC it's a great deal right now and much faster than the 7850.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans