This is awkward...

Pythons

Hey everyone,

So I was texting my friend, and asked her "I know your busy, but let me know how it turns out"
She replies later saying "Will do"

Misreading it, I replied "So how did it go?"
Awkward silence...

It's been 20 minutes later
Gimmie some help with this, the conversations already awkward enough as it is, and it seems like im being "clingy"... :/

You are really anxious. Relax, it has only been 20 minutes.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

As Yoda would say "Getting calmer you must! Patience need you to gain..."

That's a lesson that when mastered will help you your whole live in many situations.

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

Just wait.

She will report how things went in time. Sending an explanation now half an hour later would be annoying, so the best thing you can do is wait until she responds or enough time has gone that it doesn't seem like you're clingy (a day or two after whatever she was doing has taken place).

2 hours ago, Pythons said:

I know your busy

you're - yep, pretty awkward

Just send another text and say - Sorry, I misread the last text. Looking forward to hear how it turns out. Or even better don't send anything and leave it as it is. Nothing wrong will happen.

Also don't worry too much if not at all.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

Don't text again, man.

Wait to see if she does actually get back to you. If she does, then there's something there. If she does not, then leave it at that.

9 hours ago, Pythons said:

Hey everyone,

So I was texting my friend, and asked her "I know your busy, but let me know how it turns out"
She replies later saying "Will do"

Misreading it, I replied "So how did it go?"
Awkward silence...

Gimmie some help with this, the conversations already awkward enough as it is, and it seems like im being "clingy"... :/

I'd suggest you're overthinking things.

Just leave the conversation as is, and wait for "her" to respond.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just wait. I think it'll piss you off if you texted her and she starts calling you.

Please don't do that people unless it's an emergency or you're their parents, calling someone after they texted you.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

21 hours ago, Pythons said:

holy shit you're clingy.

man doesnt it suck when people actually have lives and arent able to respond IMMEDIATELY.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

It really depends on what she was doing and how long it normally would take to do it. Also there's always a chance she got sidetracked or forgotten. For example a job interview afterwards can usually get a person thinking if they did anything wrong or got accepted on the spot etc.

Next time you see her or in a few days/ a week maybe then try texting or FB her the question along with a apology for the previous text. Or possibly a different topic if one was to arise, completely forgetting about the whole thing. Once again this really depends on many factors that have not been stated and truth be told not of our concern.

-= Locked =- 

Hate to do this though you have received some good advice.

As it is this is Status Update Material and best suited to be posted that way.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

8 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

-= Locked =-

are you sure about that?

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Tablet Died before it locked.... stuff happens /shrug

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER