Took more than 5 attempts to login via steam

straight_stewie

This morning at 9:00 AM Central Time it took five attempts to login via steam. The steam login successfully sent me the validation code, and recognized me as a valid user. I don't know if this is a steam problem or a forum problem.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

Did you then perform a search for C++ pretty soon after being logged in? If so, you only went through the login flow once on our end, so it must have been a Steam issue.

HTTP/2 203

Actually no, I can see the other requests now. You were redirected back to the login page, which should have had an error message. Was there an error message, and do you remember what it said?

HTTP/2 203

8 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Actually no, I can see the other requests now. You were redirected back to the login page, which should have had an error message. Was there an error message, and do you remember what it said?

There was an error message. Unfortunately I do not remember the exact phrasing of the error message but it was not "this account doesn't exist" rather it was similar in meaning to "This login attempt has failed".

8 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Did you then perform a search for C++ pretty soon after being logged in?

Yes. I knew that was one of my most recent posts, so I searched for that topic so that I could look at my account to make sure that it still existed.