Rumor: Intel to bring Coffee Lake-H Specs - Bringing 6C/12T to notebooks (up to 4.8 GHz Turbo)

kladzen
16 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

You mean those overpriced fragile toys? -_-

Hey, my G751 is built pretty well, and you can't ignore something like the AW 17 if you think that they're ALL fragile. Also not too overpriced for $850 on my machine.

8086k Winner BABY!!

Main rig

CPU: R7 5800x3d (-25 all core CO 102 bclk)

Board: Gigabyte B550 AD UC

Cooler: Corsair H150i AIO

Ram: 32gb HP V10 RGB 3200 C14 (3733 C14) tuned subs

GPU: EVGA XC3 RTX 3080 (+120 core +950 mem 90% PL)

Case: Thermaltake H570 TG Snow Edition

PSU: Fractal ION Plus 760w Platinum  

SSD: 1tb Teamgroup MP34  2tb Mushkin Pilot-E

Monitors: 32" Samsung Odyssey G7 (1440p 240hz), Some FHD Acer 24" VA

GFs System

CPU: E5 1660v3 (4.3ghz 1.2v)

Mobo: Gigabyte x99 UD3P

Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO

Ram: 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600 C16 (3000 C14)

GPU: EVGA RTX 2060 Super 

Case: Phanteks P400A Mesh

PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650w

SSD: Kingston NV1 2tb

Monitors: 27" Viotek GFT27DB (1440p 144hz), Some 24" BENQ 1080p IPS

7 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

And then we pair it with...

9YfUifF.jpg

I have a thermi laptop with sandy bridge 

hot hot hot

desoldered itself from the motherboard. Sometimes it connects sometimes it doesn't. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

9 minutes ago, TheDankKoosh said:

Hey, my G751 is built pretty well, and you can't ignore something like the AW 17 if you think that they're ALL fragile. Also not too overpriced for $850 on my machine.

We are talking about those popular thin laptops, that thing inst thin... ;) BTW try to convert video on those trendy thin weaklings and watch the CPU throttle after a few minutes, meanwhile my good old dell was able to sustain the 3,0 GHz boost clock for one week running at 100% the whole time. (Backstory, i needed a ton of videos to be converted but i needed my main PC, so the laptop was he only option.)

With 6 cores in a laptop, can't wait for Acer's 2nd gen...

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

My god, with how hot the I7 8700k's already get with just a slight OC, how are these even going to be possible?

Realistically, I'd imagine at the most a base I7 8700 non k but downclocked to 4.5 Ghz max boost would be the most a laptop may be able to manage.

Linus is my fetish.

It is quite possible that the clock speed will be possible at around 45W or less. This is what my 4790K's (4.5GHz single, 4.4GHz double, 4.2 triple, 4.1 quad) power consumption is after doing web browsing, Youtube, Minecraft and Space Engineers:

temp.thumb.PNG.742894806215dbadf90a9e4e8e88d058.PNG

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

You guys are absolute nutcases if you think those specs are real. 7700HQ can only do all-core at 3.4Ghz on its 4 cores 8 threads, there’s no way that they are increasing both core count and all-core turbo while maintaining TDP. I except single core to be higher than previous gen but all-core turbo to be lower.

7 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

You guys are absolute nutcases if you think those specs are real. 7700HQ can only do all-core at 3.4Ghz on its 4 cores 8 threads, there’s no way that they are increasing both core count and all-core turbo while maintaining TDP. I except single core to be higher than previous gen but all-core turbo to be lower.

All Core can easily be that, Intel just needs to add steps to the turbo table so that the high all core only happens at X workload and if temperatures are at Y. Also, TDP is measured at base clock, not turbo clock.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

9 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

All Core can easily be that, Intel just needs to add steps to the turbo table so that the high all core only happens at X workload and if temperatures are at Y. Also, TDP is measured at base clock, not turbo clock.

They're also going to be the best binned dies along the efficiency curve they want, which they'll sell at a premium for all of those 5k USD and higher laptops.

8 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

It is quite possible that the clock speed will be possible at around 45W or less. This is what my 4790K's (4.5GHz single, 4.4GHz double, 4.2 triple, 4.1 quad) power consumption is after doing web browsing, Youtube, Minecraft and Space Engineers:

temp.thumb.PNG.742894806215dbadf90a9e4e8e88d058.PNG

That power consumption is a little bit off to me, my i5 chews up more at 4,5 GHz:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eeu7mdod2hqsptx/hwinfo.PNG?dl=0

20 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

That power consumption is a little bit off to me, my i5 chews up more at 4,5 GHz:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eeu7mdod2hqsptx/hwinfo.PNG?dl=0

I've manually tweaked the turbo levels. Its 4.5GHz for a single core, 4.4GHz for 2 cores, 4.2GHz for 3 cores and 4.1GHz for all 4 cores. Similar to what is seen in mobile devices (except their base clock is a lot lower).

Edit: I've also got the Asus EPU enabled as well, and it does reduce power consumption+VRM temperature noticeably.

PMSL

2 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

I've manually tweaked the turbo levels. Its 4.5GHz for a single core, 4.4GHz for 2 cores, 4.2GHz for 3 cores and 4.1GHz for all 4 cores. Similar to what is seen in mobile devices (except their base clock is a lot lower).

Ah, okay, the max multiplier fooled me :D . BTW those temps are a little bit on the high side... 9_9

6 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Ah, okay, the max multiplier fooled me :D . BTW those temps are a little bit on the high side... 9_9

WEll yeah, it is the stock cooler (BTW, I was going to add that the voltage of your i5 is also a bit higher 1.321V on 2 cores, 1.405V on the other 2, as opposed to 1.302V across al 4 (its currently maxed out at 1.273V).

Here it is again playing SE (low GPU load because I'm not on a planet-rendering a 15KM radius on them is fun):

SE_SS2.thumb.png.38c355c555342e86e814486ad9239a3e.png

So it is definitely believable that Intel can make 4-6 core Coffeelake parts run at these power levels at the rumoured clock speeds.

PMSL

27 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

WEll yeah, it is the stock cooler (BTW, I was going to add that the voltage of your i5 is also a bit higher 1.321V on 2 cores, 1.405V on the other 2, as opposed to 1.302V across al 4 (its currently maxed out at 1.273V).

Vcore and Core VID is not the same thing. VID is how much the core wants and Vcore is the actual voltage that the CPU gets...

/EDIT

The actual max Vcore set in the BIOS is 1,344...

Edited by jagdtigger

16 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Vcore and Core VID is not the same thing. VID is how much the core wants and Vcore is the actual voltage that the CPU gets...

Core VID (which also means core voltage) still affects temperatures and power consumption though. And the Vcore is stock for my 4790K (up to 1.7V), with that being further divided by the FIVR between all of the CPU's components (hence Haswell and Broadwell's ridiculously low minimum power consumption).

PMSL

9 hours ago, Drak3 said:

The TDP rating for Intel processors is at the all-core turbo speed (source: I just tested with my 7700hq and pulled 45w~ while 4 cores were running at 3.4ghz).

38 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Core VID (which also means core voltage) still affects temperatures and power consumption though. And the Vcore is stock for my 4790K (up to 1.7V), with that being further divided by the FIVR between all of the CPU's components (hence Haswell and Broadwell's ridiculously low minimum power consumption).

Nope, its how much it wants, the real voltage is indicated by the Vcore...

19 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Nope, its how much it wants, the real voltage is indicated by the Vcore...

My 4790K's cores aren't getting 1.7V through them :dry:. They'd need to be under sub zero cooling to not fry.

CPU input voltage=Vcore

VID=CPU Core Voltage

Spoiler

Untitled.thumb.png.afa4ccc695cda34f806540a98d35d21f.png

PMSL

42 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

My 4790K's cores aren't getting 1.7V through them :dry:. They'd need to be under sub zero cooling to not fry.

CPU input voltage=Vcore

VID=CPU Core Voltage

Reveal hidden contents

Untitled.thumb.png.afa4ccc695cda34f806540a98d35d21f.png

CPU input voltage is called VCCIN... 9_9

http://www.overclock.net/t/1411077/haswell-overclocking-guide-with-statistics

Input Voltage (aka VCCIN, Vrin, Eventual Input Voltage)
The VRIN can be thought of as the entire amount of voltage drawn by the CPU and all of its components. 

Vcore is the actual core voltage. IDK why your program shows Vcore is 1,7....

Cooling in laptops do need to be improved but its not too bad. I have an old alienware that i can clock up to 4Ghz with the i7 ivybridge on all 4 cores with decent thermals but only after servicing it. Alienware themselves can cool a 130W GPU well on the alienware 15 so i see no reason why this cant be done.

Kabylake i7-7700hq turbo boost uses 65W, not 45W. The 45W is for the base clocks. If power and temps are good, it will boost, if not it wont, and this is the main problem that many laptop manufacturers, even alienware dont get which is why many laptops come with power bricks not powerful enough or heatsinks not powerful enough.

The cooler the CPU is, the less power it uses. This is true for every processor so being able to run a 6 core with turbo boost is entirely possible as you guys seem to forget that coffee lake does get shrinks. The problem i see is the intel HD graphics, my current laptop has the intel HD graphics 630 with 24 shaders and so on GPU resources, i dont see how UHD is gonna be better this way except in clocks. If manufacturers could pair the CPU with HBM that would make for a very nice ultrabook and a boost to IGP performance.

If only intel would allocate more TDP for CPUs with IGPs, you'd get a very nice portable processing power house by using both CPU and IGP but with 45W you cant use either at max at the same time.

28 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

CPU input voltage is called VCCIN... 9_9

http://www.overclock.net/t/1411077/haswell-overclocking-guide-with-statistics

Vcore is the actual core voltage. IDK why your program shows Vcore is 1,7....

Well its clearly not the case on Asus boards.

PMSL

On 20/01/2018 at 8:57 PM, System Error Message said:

Cooling in laptops do need to be improved but its not too bad. I have an old alienware that i can clock up to 4Ghz with the i7 ivybridge on all 4 cores with decent thermals but only after servicing it. Alienware themselves can cool a 130W GPU well on the alienware 15 so i see no reason why this cant be done.

Kabylake i7-7700hq turbo boost uses 65W, not 45W. The 45W is for the base clocks. If power and temps are good, it will boost, if not it wont, and this is the main problem that many laptop manufacturers, even alienware dont get which is why many laptops come with power bricks not powerful enough or heatsinks not powerful enough.

The cooler the CPU is, the less power it uses. This is true for every processor so being able to run a 6 core with turbo boost is entirely possible as you guys seem to forget that coffee lake does get shrinks. The problem i see is the intel HD graphics, my current laptop has the intel HD graphics 630 with 24 shaders and so on GPU resources, i dont see how UHD is gonna be better this way except in clocks. If manufacturers could pair the CPU with HBM that would make for a very nice ultrabook and a boost to IGP performance.

If only intel would allocate more TDP for CPUs with IGPs, you'd get a very nice portable processing power house by using both CPU and IGP but with 45W you cant use either at max at the same time.

It's up to 56w not 65w and I don't know under what conditions it'll do that because mine at 100% utilisation boosts to 3.4 all-core with 45w draw.

On 20/01/2018 at 8:57 PM, System Error Message said:

Kabylake i7-7700hq turbo boost uses 65W

I guess you got a bad chip. Some 7700HQ don't even use above 45W under heavy load. Hell most 7700HQs don't even come close to 65W unless you put it into something CPU heavy like Prime95.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

5 hours ago, schwellmo92 said:

It's up to 56w not 65w and I don't know under what conditions it'll do that because mine at 100% utilisation boosts to 3.4 all-core with 45w draw.

1 hour ago, ZM Fong said:

I guess you got a bad chip. Some 7700HQ don't even use above 45W under heavy load. Hell most 7700HQs don't even come close to 65W unless you put it into something CPU heavy like Prime95.

you're forgetting the IGP. TDP limits dont apply to boost as thats used when there is room (good voltage, cooling). I easily exceed 45W when i do a CPU GPU task not to forget that nvidia optimus does use the IGP so it does use a few watts. Running a webGL simulation makes the IGP itself use 10W already not while fully utilised.

Theres nothing wrong with the CPU power usage, only that some laptops arent designed to cool more heat easily that the CPU risks overheating before the cooling system catches up. Considering that coffee lake gets a shrink it will definitely use less power and have higher clocks.

1 hour ago, System Error Message said:

IGP itself use 10W

I do agree with your point, however most H mobile CPUs are found in gaming laptops. GPU task is usually done by dGPU.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128