Sega Dreamcast

DrAwesome821

One of the most underrated consoles of all time, looking into getting one for myself. What games do you guys recommend?

The games I eventually want to get are:

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure 2

Soul Calibur

Marvel VS Capcom (1+2)

Jet-Set Radio

Crazy Taxi

CPU: AMD FX 4170 @ 4.7ghz Motherboard: Asus M5A97-R2.0 RAM: 11GB DDR3-1600 GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 780ti 3GB Reference Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout Storage: 1x 250GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM, 1x 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM, 1x 500gb Hitachi 7200RPM  PSU: Antec Earthwatts 650W Display: Dell U2410 (1920x1200 @ 60hz, 24") Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, 3x 140mm Cooler Master fan Keyboard: Lenovo OEM keyboard (membrane) Mouse: Redragon Centrophorus Sound: Sound Blaster xFi sound card & Marley Good Vibrations headphones Operating System: Windows 10 1809

3 minutes ago, DreadCoreTV said:

those are good. Those were my picks.

I know there's a few more, like Space Channel 5, Shenmue, and Phantasy Star Online.

CPU: AMD FX 4170 @ 4.7ghz Motherboard: Asus M5A97-R2.0 RAM: 11GB DDR3-1600 GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 780ti 3GB Reference Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout Storage: 1x 250GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM, 1x 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM, 1x 500gb Hitachi 7200RPM  PSU: Antec Earthwatts 650W Display: Dell U2410 (1920x1200 @ 60hz, 24") Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, 3x 140mm Cooler Master fan Keyboard: Lenovo OEM keyboard (membrane) Mouse: Redragon Centrophorus Sound: Sound Blaster xFi sound card & Marley Good Vibrations headphones Operating System: Windows 10 1809

Remember having one of these quite some years ago.

Sadly i can't remember the game i really liked on it, but i remember it was some kind of driving game where you could crash into cars and buildings lol. Over 10 years ago so hard to remember the name after so long.

Oh and ofcourse Sega Bass Fishing, loved it.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

2 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Sadly i can't remember the game i really liked on it, but i remember it was some kind of driving game where you could crash into cars and buildings lol. Over 10 years ago so hard to remember the name after so long.

I remember playing the arcade version of Sega Bass Fishing a long time ago, sadly the display on the one I was playing on burned out around 2 years ago.

Shenmue, resident evil (dont remember which one it was), if you can find them you can get some bleemcast discs and play some playstation games on your dreamcast and they look much better as well.  I had the ones for gran tourismo and tekken 3.  soul calibur and marvel vs capcom were must haves as well.  There was the weird game called seaman where you grew an AI fish that was worth playing just because it was so weird. 

How has the greatest game for dreamcast not been mentioned yet? Seaman is a must have. 

Side note, I have a dreamcast memory card that my daughter likes to say is a phone, it's adorable...

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

4 hours ago, RKRiley said:

Crazy Taxi?

13 hours ago, DrAwesome821 said:

One of the most underrated consoles of all time, looking into getting one for myself. What games do you guys recommend?

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure 2

Soul Calibur

Marvel VS Capcom

Jet-Set Radio

No Seaman though?  I'm disappoint...

The only two I really played for it other than Sonic Adventure was Shenmue and Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story 0079: Rise From the Ashes.

Shenmue is slow and a definitely more story focused game. It's almost point and click adventure-esque, you just control the main character directly. Lots of detail for a game it's age. The quicktime events can be annoying but not a deal breaker.

Rise From the Ashes is extremely short, especially if you skip all the stuff in between missions, but being a fan of the MechWarrior games and Mobile Suit Gundam anime (especially the 08th MS Team), it was a load of fun for me for a couple of hours. It's kinda like MechWarrior 4 wrapped in a Gundam skin.

There's supposed to be several more really good games for it, but the Dreamcast I had access to was my old college roommate's. I've been thinking about getting one but with my current limited space and already absurd back log of games, I've just held off.

One thing I will point out. Some of the games you listed do have updated ports you can play. I know that both Sonic Adventure games, Crazy Taxi, and Jet-Set Radio are available on Steam and newer consoles. I played Jet-Set Radio on PS3 myself. I wanna say it was a PS Plus game one month.

I recall that RE: Code Veronica, Skies of Arcadia, and Ecco: Defender of the Future being among the titles I really liked not mentioned so far. Probably others too, but my Dreamcast has been gone for ~12 years now so my memory is a bit fuzzy about it.

On 1/17/2018 at 6:47 PM, DrAwesome821 said:

I know there's a few more, like Space Channel 5, Shenmue, and Phantasy Star Online.

The huge amount of hours I drop into that game.

Note there are two versions.  I advise to find the one that is v.2.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

4 hours ago, Ithanul said:

The huge amount of hours I drop into that game.

Note there are two versions.  I advise to find the one that is v.2.

Will do

On 18.1.2018 at 12:41 AM, DrAwesome821 said:

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure 2

Soul Calibur

Marvel VS Capcom (1+2)

Jet-Set Radio

Crazy Taxi

Isn't sonic adventure pratty crap?

Anyway, make sure that the GD ROM works. THose tend to fail.

And Shenmue!

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

I remember really wanting Skies of Arcadia when I read the review for it in a old Game I former magazine, though I had the PlayStation 2. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

I remember spending way too much time playing Air Force Delta and Project Justice.

Mystery is the source of all true science.