are EKWB HDC 16mmOD comatible with Bitspower brass tubing 16mmOD/0,3mmID?

Hi there,I'm planning to do metal tubing route in my PC build...Does anyone know are these tubes and fittings compatible?Thanks in advance for your help. :)

I sure hope that 0.3mm is the wall thickness, not the ID :P

Joking aside, I have no experience with metal tubing, but if the diameters match it should probably work. You can always try and buy a test piece.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

1 hour ago, mark911 said:

Hi there,I'm planning to do metal tubing route in my PC build...Does anyone know are these tubes and fittings compatible?Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Yes they are good as they both are 16mm in size, as said make sure it's the thin walled stuff that is annealed or you won't be able to bend it. 

6 minutes ago, W-L said:

Yes they are good as they both are 16mm in size, as said make sure it's the thin walled stuff that is annealed or you won't be able to bend it. 

yeah,thickness  of the wall is 0,3mm...Now I just need to figure it out how to bend it .... :)

1 minute ago, mark911 said:

yeah,thickness  of the wall is 0,3mm...Now I just need to figure it out how to bend it .... :)

You need a pipe bender. 

Image result for hardline tubing bender

yeah,will try finding one that fits 16mm diameter...Thanks 

Different companies have varying tolerances on their tubing and fittings, so in some cases 16mm tubing of one company may not be entirely compatible with 16mm fittings of another company or visa versa. I haven't used Bitspower's brass tubing with EK's fittings, so I couldn't say for sure if it will be compatible, but it likely would be. It may be better to do a test first. I'm not sure if @W-L has used this combo together before, but it's not possible to know for sure if the 16mm OD brass tube will work with EK's HDC 16mm fittings unless you've had it in your hands. I've had a situation where the tubing was 0.1-0.5mm or so smaller than the OD of the fittings' manufacturer's tube, and so the tubing wouldn't hold properly in the fittings. That being said, they were push-style fittings, not compression. 

Also in terms of bending, if you're using the chrome-plated tubing, you will not be able to bend the tube properly, even with a mechanical bending tool. The electroplating will crack off when you bend it. It's best to use the straight and 90-degree-angled runs that they sell and buy fittings to suit.

Case Design | CAD | Custom Watercooling Parts | Loop Design | Cable Sleeving and Management 

Fittings Guide  |  Most recent completed build: Glass & Aluminium  |  Current build(s): Project Starscream

10 minutes ago, AperumDesign said:

Different companies have varying tolerances on their tubing and fittings, so in some cases 16mm tubing of one company may not be entirely compatible with 16mm fittings of another company or visa versa. I haven't used Bitspower's brass tubing with EK's fittings, so I couldn't say for sure if it will be compatible, but it likely would be. It may be better to do a test first. I'm not sure if @W-L has used this combo together before, but it's not possible to know for sure if the 16mm OD brass tube will work with EK's HDC 16mm fittings unless you've had it in your hands. I've had a situation where the tubing was 0.1-0.5mm or so smaller than the OD of the fittings' manufacturer's tube, and so the tubing wouldn't hold properly in the fittings. That being said, they were push-style fittings, not compression. 

Also in terms of bending, if you're using the chrome-plated tubing, you will not be able to bend the tube properly, even with a mechanical bending tool. The electroplating will crack off when you bend it. It's best to use the straight and 90-degree-angled runs that they sell and buy fittings to suit.

Bitspower guarantees the tubing to within +/-3% which is pretty standard tolerance for most tubing, as long as it's not out of tolerance the oring should be able to take up any slop. I think it was Monsoon that did that recently with a new line of fittings with orings that use super thick and thin version for the ability to use both metric and imperial based tubings. 

yeah,I completely forgot about the nickel plating,will use female elbows for angles....I will buy bitspower brass tubing,and we shall see if it fits...Even if it won't  fit,I will just buy Bitspower EML fittings,and still keep EK angled fittings.I love EK HDC fittings because they can hold on much  greater pressure than all others(for glass tubing,PETG tubing ...)

I never considered Monsoon fittings,how do they compare to EK and Bitspower?

2 minutes ago, mark911 said:

yeah,I completely forgot about the nickel plating,will use female elbows for angles....I will buy bitspower brass tubing,and we shall see if it fits...Even if it won't  fit,I will just buy Bitspower EML fittings,and still keep EK angled fittings.I love EK HDC fittings because they can hold on much  greater pressure than all others(for glass tubing,PETG tubing ...)

I never considered Monsoon fittings,how do they compare to EK and Bitspower?

Monsoon is alright pretty standard, in terms of quality and tolerances though Bitspower is still one of the best out there. 

For chrome or nickel finished tubing you can bend certain kinds of tubing with no problems but most times you will notice stretching or stress marks so it will not be shiny as the rest of the tube or have crack lines. Just make sure the tubing is annealed copper or brass of your not going to be able to bend the tube at all. 

http://www.overclock.net/t/1280153/pipe-bending-101/1810#post_23163843

On 1/18/2018 at 3:18 AM, W-L said:

Monsoon is alright pretty standard, in terms of quality and tolerances though Bitspower is still one of the best out there. 

For chrome or nickel finished tubing you can bend certain kinds of tubing with no problems but most times you will notice stretching or stress marks so it will not be shiny as the rest of the tube or have crack lines. Just make sure the tubing is annealed copper or brass of your not going to be able to bend the tube at all. 

http://www.overclock.net/t/1280153/pipe-bending-101/1810#post_23163843

You mean by that I should first  put some heat on tube,prior to bending? Wall thickness is 0,3mm for bitspower and in stores  in my country all brass tubing 16mm OD are 0,8mm wall thickness....I was thinking about DIY brass tube than send it for chrome plating.... 

5 minutes ago, mark911 said:

You mean by that I should first  put some heat on tube,prior to bending? Wall thickness is 0,3mm for bitspower and in stores  in my country all brass tubing 16mm OD are 0,8mm wall thickness....I was thinking about DIY brass tube than send it for chrome plating.... 

Heat won't do much and the amount needed if you really wanted to bend it would heavily discolor the tube. If you want to bend the tubes and send it out for plating that works, you can use regular annealed brass or copper line they use in plumbing just making sure it's the right OD. 

Get a good  quality 5/8 inch tube bender. it will bend 316 stainless steel 16mm o/d tubing.  use Monsoon EVO2 5/8 fittings

thats what I used in my build 

for your information you cannot bend tubing after it as been Crome plated as it will flake off the tubing

also because the tubing as to be polished before and after plating the O/D tolerances may change

IMAG1566.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I bought chrome plated 16mm OD and 1 mm wall thickness 300cm  of tube for just 10eur.How do  you deburr outer edges of brass tubing?

I bought chrome plated 16mm OD and 1 mm wall thickness 300cm  of tube for just 10eur.How do  you deburr outer edges of brass tubing?

Your going to want to give it a healthy chamfer and debut the interior, there are tools for that or you can simply use a file and sandpaper. 

108305-3416257.jpg

Has that  plumber tool  name? So I could try to find it in my godforsaken country  :D 

Has that  plumber tool  name? So I could try to find it in my godforsaken country  :D 

Usually just a deburr or chamfer tool.