My first PC

Kennyw124

Hello i am new to the market am finally coming around to building my first gaming PC. I am a little scared and sketched out on if i have the right parts and if there are any issues that may come.  Basically are there any bottlenecks, potential issues or problems with the pc i have planned out. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xGknsJ

Looks good to me but if you were willing to get windows from a shadier source you should jump up to a quad core, the dual stops you from having any sort of upgrade path graphics wise

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

3 minutes ago, seabass9990 said:

Looks good to me but if you were willing to get windows from a shadier source you should jump up to a quad core, the dual stops you from having any sort of upgrade path graphics wise

wait are you suggesting getting a quad core cpu or are you referencing something related to windows operating system and how it deals with dual vs quad cores?

1 minute ago, Kennyw124 said:

wait are you suggesting getting a quad core cpu or are you referencing something related to windows operating system and how it deals with dual vs quad cores?

No what he is saying that if you want to find a copy of windows somewhere else, you can save the $100 and spend it on a better CPU.  Dual cores are really not good for gaming, they work but most games are recommending quad cores now.

Reddit is a good place to start for windows.

sold

1 minute ago, Kennyw124 said:

Im suggesting getting a quad core as it appears you are building an entry level gaming pc, dual cores barely cut it in modern gaming and using a dual you will probably bottleneck any more powerfull graphics card. I am merely suggesting getting windows from a cheaper, but sketchier, source.

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

The build doesn't look that bad. But if I were you I would look for 1050Ti instead of regular 1050. It's just little bit more expensive but much more powerful.

If you can bare seeing windows watermark in your bottom right corner, skip the windows and get better cpu and gpu.

Microsoft provides a tool that you can use to get windows 10 iso and it will even mount in on your usb if you want.

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8fDym8
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8fDym8/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI - A320M PRO-VD PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($30.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Crucial - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($83.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.69 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card  ($189.89 @ B&H) 
Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400 TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($34.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($89.89 @ OutletPC) 
Mouse: Razer - DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($35.48 @ Best Buy) 
Total: $671.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-14 15:09 EST-0500

The geek himself.

I would suggest to get windows from kinguin or use it without a product key (you just can't customize some things) so you can free up some budget for an ssd. I would also get a better psu (corsair cx/cxm grey sticker are good choices)

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

EDIT :  https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7vYBf8

Get windows 'elsewhere'

Im finding games can use over 8Gb RAM nowadays , hence 16GB.

Alternativly, drop down to 8GB and get a SSD.

EDIT: problems with ur original parts list i see is that ur GPU is only a 2Gb model, thats just not enough for games anymore. And as others have already said, while ur CPU choice, would make do, it would restrict the types of games u could play.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

3 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2nwnsJ

Get windows 'elsewhere'

Im finding games can use over 8Gb RAM nowadays , hence 16GB.

Alternativly, drop down to 8GB and get a SSD.

Terrible memory choice and you've got a non-overclockable motherboard as well.

For like $15 more you can get an overclockable board and 3000 speed memory plus a better PSU

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($169.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card  ($189.89 @ B&H)
Case: NZXT - S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Mouse: Razer - DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($35.48 @ Best Buy)
Total: $685.21
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-14 15:19 EST-0500

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

5 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Terrible memory choice and you've got a non-overclockable motherboard as well.

For like $15 more you can get an overclockable board and 3000 speed memory plus a better PSU

Yep ur right, though i doubt the OP will be OC.

Changed to 3000 RAM and AB350m motherboard :)

Wouldnt change the PSU though, 500w is more than enough. May be only $5 more fora 550, but every $ coutns when ur on a low budget.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

3 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Wouldnt change the PSU though, 500w is more than enough. May be only $5 more fora 550, but every $ coutns when ur on a low budget

It's not about the wattage, it's about the PSU itself. There is a whole lot more to a PSU than just the wattage claim on the label and the pointless 80+ rating

:)

Ty all so much for your help, after a nap and some thought you guys have pushed and encouraged me to move up to a 4 core with the AMD ryzen 3 1300 for this build. Also i am not really into SSDs, they cost too much for its worth they are worth and i am probably not pirating windows, just a personal thing. Also i already bought a evga 1050 sc bc the 1050 evga SSC sold out and i was scared this would too, i dont mind the slight performance bc rn i am on a budget and it is always an easily upgradeable part. So as for now this is my complete build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tthrJV