Lawbreakers Devs Blame PUBG for the failure of "Billion Dollar Franchise"

AlTech

CliffyB being delusional like always. I think the biggest problem with lawbreakers is that it did nothing new, it just took different things from cod, ow and unreal and mashed them into one, and not in a good way. It seems that people are just tired of futuristic "vertical" gameplay shooters.

If a shitty game like PUBG is the reason you failed, then your game is beyond crap to begin with.

didn't it only have like 13 player after 2 months. also most people hate the future hero shooter, the characters were super generic and super dude bro like after each kill going #Youdeadbro and the games marketing made it seem like a breeding ground for toxicity thats why it failed

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

The game was nothing like it's advertisements. It reminded me of a shitty FPS version of Rocket League mixed with an aborted version of original Quake. I wouldn't have ever thought it was a good game.

I wonder if they  made nothing with their severely reduced prices this past Steam sale.

5 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

If your franchise was defeated by a guy with a mod, then you kinda deserved to be defeated.

PUBG is already in the top ten best selling video games ever.

And if you take out remasters/ Console Launch games like wii sports that came free when buying the consoles & Mobile versions  its some where in the top 3 or will be shortly.

So basically every single game was defeated/ over run by this so called Mod your speaking of.

how are you going to say as (competition mind you) that they cause the failer of you game that you failed to promote and advertise enough where it broke barriers and as well another point is that they took way too long to try and get into esports they needed to start some connections and sponsoring YouTubers a streamers longer. THEY cause the downfall.

System:  Ryzen 7 1800x, GTX 1070 8GB, MSI x370 SLI PLUS, CORSAIR LPX 4x 4GB 3000mhz, MASTERBOX 5, EVGA 650W G2, WD 250GB M.2

--------------------------

Links: 

Youtube

Twitter 

Discord

PCPP

Twitch

Can creators of lawbreakers have more childish approach ?! I dont think so. This is ridiculous. Pointing fingers at competition and saying your idea is failing due to that is what cowards do. 

I end with this very accurate video and those who know the speech know exactly what part is about Lawbreakers creators haha:

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Doesn't have thicc characters 0/10

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

played lawbreakers beta, it sucked and never touched it again

i feel bad for the people who bought it 

The reason I didn't like Lawbreakers was because it seemed to suit a controller more than a mouse in terms of how it was played. Would have bought and played it if it wasn't for that. Seemed good for what it is though I guess competition makes it so that's not good enough anymore.

4 hours ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

And if you take out remasters/ Console Launch games like wii sports that came free when buying the consoles & Mobile versions  its some where in the top 3 or will be shortly.

So basically every single game was defeated/ over run by this so called Mod your speaking of.

Yes: people are so desperate for fresh experiences they pushed PUBG into super stardom. A stupid fucking mod.

This is an indictment on how shitty, repetitive and formulaic AAA games have become.

-------

Current Rig

-------

16 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Yes: people are so desperate for fresh experiences they pushed PUBG into super stardom. A stupid fucking mod.

This is an indictment on how shitty, repetitive and formulaic AAA games have become.

someones a bit Salty They couldn't win a Match.

1.0 Pubg launched on december 20th on PC and  is about as decent of a Running game as many other Games at launch.  I Still Cant play COD WWII on xbox one without problems. its not the most polished game its somewhere in the average range. But the Game it self  is objectively  very fun and the masses seem to love it overall.  You would only feel like that if you played it at Early access launch and or just have some strongly bias Hate for some reason. Its a Full Game... The new Map is nothing close to the detail of a Mod. 

36 minutes ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

-snip-

Well you wasted a full paragraph when your entire reply can be summed up with just 6 letters: "Git Gud" 

-------

Current Rig

-------

28 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Well you wasted a full paragraph when your entire reply can be summed up with just 6 letters: "Git Gud" 

well Some of it was Git Gud. But the other real half was maybe your Just unaware of the progress the game has made and its current state.  Its not like everyone can keep up on every game. 

If it is PUBG's fault, it's only by bad luck and nothing more. It certainly did suck the air out of the room at the time and for good reason. They really can't be blamed for being successful.

On 1/9/2018 at 8:20 PM, michaelocarroll007 said:

That's highly misleading. The size of the videogame market has increased significantly over the decades. Of course, to be at the top you also have to outsell current competitors, where the comparison is fair. But if you try to put a historical perspective, you would conclude that any random game from today "defeated" any legend from the early x86 days. I would bet this game (which I never heard of), or other games bashed by lack of popularity (e.g. Ashes of the Benchmark) outsold The Secret of Monkey Island or Ironman Supper Offroad by a mile...

1 hour ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

That's highly misleading. The size of the videogame market has increased significantly over the decades. Of course, to be at the top you also have to outsell current competitors, where the comparison is fair. But if you try to put a historical perspective, you would conclude that any random game from today "defeated" any legend from the early x86 days. I would bet this game (which I never heard of), or other games bashed by lack of popularity (e.g. Ashes of the Benchmark) outsold The Secret of Monkey Island or Ironman Supper Offroad by a mile...

Not crazy miss leading. Though there is more of a trend as the market is obviously bigger today then years ago but 

Only 1 Game  in 2017 are on the Top 50 Sold games right now.  ( Will see if companies report Later on as 2017 closed) 

Sun and Moon only game in 2016 to make the list

0 Games in 2015 & 2014 made the list

2013 Was a hot Year with 3 of the top 50  Though was a console launch year 

Seems to be around early 2000s where You see the size of the video game industry allowing games to hit higher and higher sales numbers.  Still 20 years to compare it to and it being at the TOP of the game list the year its out is crazy doesnt have 5 years of selling copies. 

Lots of games at the top is also unfair in the Other Direction  many games #s are after years and years of selling them.  Example GTA 5 is put at 85 million but that is counting  the last 4 years of sales and a remaster version 

At the end of the day theres always an argument for discussion why one game Numbers are inflated or deflated but at the End of the day regardless Selling over 30 Million copies in 7 or 8 months of being out is a Crazy #  and its not just due to the size of the gaming Population theres more to it. other wise other games would hit that # Even COD doesnt. 

On 1/9/2018 at 6:49 PM, AluminiumTech said:

I dislike the loot box concept itself. I'd rather receive randomized loot in another form.

*playing Battlefield 1*

*Kills enemy*

*Enemy explodes in a confetti shower of gun skins & EXP boosts*

Most of the reviews for Lawbreakers say that the actual game is very good, while the lack of players makes it not worth the purchase. A F2P model would surely change that dynamic, and I wonder if Boss Key are going to try a F2P version of the game.

The statement of “we will not be accruing any other impairment loss pertaining to Lawbreakers in the future” doesn't necessarily mean that there won't be any further content or updates to the game, from how I'm reading it. It only means that the estimated value of the brand is not going to undergo a further review and adjustment from Boss Key, and so however much their Lawbreakers income falls short of their current valuation will be counted as a loss. The comments don't necessarily mean that development of the game is being halted.

I guess that Boss Key might still do things to try to make Lawbreakers as profitable for them as possible.

On 09/01/2018 at 7:01 AM, sannukas0016 said:

CliffyB being delusional like always. I think the biggest problem with lawbreakers is that it did nothing new, it just took different things from cod, ow and unreal and mashed them into one, and not in a good way. It seems that people are just tired of futuristic "vertical" gameplay shooters.

The comments aren't coming from Cliff, but from Boss Key's publisher's chief financial officer, to their investors.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

39 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

A F2P model would surely change that dynamic, and I wonder if Boss Key are going to try a F2P version of the game.

Honestly I don't think F2P will help much. The game is known for having a tiny playerbase that gets as low as 10, even during what is supposed to be peak hours, and, well... look what wonders F2P did for Evolve and Battleborn, both of which had much bigger playerbases than Lawbreakers does (which isn't saying much, honestly.) That, and nobody's even heard of the game, because Nexon is terrible at marketing.

Frankly, this thread is the first I've ever heard of this game.  Then again, I'm not a fan of competitive multi-player games.  I don't have a lot of RL friends that play games, and matchmaking with random strangers usually leads to annoying encounters.

11 hours ago, Belgarathian said:

*playing Battlefield 1*

*Kills enemy*

*Enemy explodes in a confetti shower of gun skins & EXP boosts*

Don't give EA any ideas.  If there's a buck to be made in it, you know they'll do it.