Case

Coconuts

Hi all! Im currently looking at a new PC case, i have a corsair 780T case, I like a pretty big case, the main issue i have with it, It looks pretty messy, No psu shroud etc.

Any tips for a big case with great cable management, shroud etc?

Thanks

What's your budget? 

I usually will always recommend CaseLabs and the SMA8 revision is under $600 granted this is before any customization but my customization with shipping was $850.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

It may depend on what you mean by big, but assuming a mid tower with decent room to build in, my recommendation is for a Phanteks p400s tempered glass edition or similar. If you need larger than that, others here should be able to give you advice based on their personal experience. Don't get conned into paying over $160 or so for a case, no case is really worth that much unless it's highly specialized.

The P400, S340 and the ProM all come with PSU shrouds included. Fractal Design's cases are my personal favorites, but they don't quite fit your constraints.

Edit: FD's Define C does come with a shroud, but you'll still have to take a look at it to see if it fits your other constraints.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

6 minutes ago, ErickS89 said:

What's your budget? 

I usually will always recommend CaseLabs and the SMA8 revision is under $600 granted this is before any customization but my customization with shipping was $850.

My budget is around $200 USD, Thanks for the reply!

7 minutes ago, johnukguy said:

It may depend on what you mean by big, but assuming a mid tower with decent room to build in, my recommendation is for a Phanteks p400s tempered glass edition or similar. If you need larger than that, others here should be able to give you advice based on their personal experience. Don't get conned into paying over $160 or so for a case, no case is really worth that much unless it's highly specialized.

Whats the cable management like in the case? Easy enough to manage? Thanks for the reply!

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Whats the cable management like in the case? Easy enough to manage? Thanks for the reply!

Cable management is one of the best I've found, especially for the pricing on the Phanteks p400 line. Some of the Fractal Design cases, as Imbellis mentioned, also have excellent cable management. Again though it would depend on how large a case you need.

1 minute ago, johnukguy said:

Cable management is one of the best I've found, especially for the pricing on the Phanteks p400 line. Some of the Fractal Design cases, as Imbellis mentioned, also have excellent cable management. Again though it would depend on how large a case you need.

The silly thing is, i dont need a big case, I just kinda like them, Phanteks p400 line looks pretty solid, Would it be suitable for a full watercooling loop further down the line?

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

The silly thing is, i dont need a big case, I just kinda like them, Phanteks p400 line looks pretty solid, Would it be suitable for a full watercooling loop further down the line?

Yep I have it and it is possible to watercool but id recommend fractal design r6.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

9 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

if you want to get the get the p400 tempered glass edition or p400s tempered glass. The s has sound proofing on parts of it and it comes with more accessories. 

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

6 minutes ago, Vandorlot said:

if you want to get the get the p400 tempered glass edition or p400s tempered glass. The s has sound proofing on parts of it and it comes with more accessories. 

If you had to choose between the p400 or the define r6, what would you choose and why if you dont mind me asking!

Thanks

21 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

If you had to choose between the p400 or the define r6, what would you choose and why if you dont mind me asking!

Thanks

Define r6 because it has good airflow. The horizontal gpu mount is pretty cool especially for single card water cooling. There are also many small features that are cool like there aren't any thumb screws on the glass to hold it in instead screws in on the back. The dust filters are finer and would get less dust in the case. There are also more usb ports which are all black. It seems to have features to reduce noise coming out of the case. And for watercooling the r6 would be absolutely amazing because they have detachable rails os it would be easier to put on your radiator, theres a fill port cut out, its a little bigger. I still like the p400s tempered glass edition and its still a good buy cause its cheaper. 

My Rig

Peripherals

I'd take the define r6 over the p400 any day,Its newer has 2 layouts you can change it if you don't want a odd drive and the front hard drive mounts.Airflow is in the top 3 for best on the market right now.And a 30 dollar upgrade you can get a front usb c type if you want that.The p400 looks nice but the front airflow its 2 small openings top and bottom vs the defines r6 has cutouts on the sides and you can open the door if needed.

I've seen a 780T in person so I know how big that guy is, its slightlyu bigger than my Level 10 GT I think...

The R6 will be a small size redux, but a huge overall improvement. It won Best case of 2017 from Hardware Canucks, Gamers Nexus, and myself personally. It just does nearly everything right (dont use an air cooled card with the horizontal GPU spot)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25