Will it look okay to have a 1440p 144hz monitor next to a 1080p 24" 75hz monitor

tehx

Depends on what your opinion of "OK" is.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

Depends on what your opinion of "OK" is.

I don't want it to look ugly I want it to look aesthetically pleasing like the rest of my setup. And will it look weird having 1080p 24" next to 1440p" 27"

I would get a 24" 1440p but I couldn't find any

Just now, Assassinguy2623 said:

I don't want it to look ugly I want it to look aesthetically pleasing like the rest of my setup. And will it look weird having 1080p 24" next to 1440p" 27"

People will probably laugh and call you names

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

3 minutes ago, Assassinguy2623 said:

That's entirely up to you. Do you think it looks good?

24" 1440p with a 24" 1080p would have other issues as well, like the seams where you can transition from one monitor to the other won't be seamless without third party software. That is the 1440p monitor will have a section where you cannot move the mouse over to the 1080p one if they're the same size.

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

That's entirely up to you. Do you think it looks good?

24" 1440p with a 24" 1080p would have other issues as well, like the seams where you can transition from one monitor to the other won't be seamless without third party software. That is the 1440p monitor will have a section where you cannot move the mouse over to the 1080p one if they're the same size.

The 1440p is 28" not 24" does that make a difference?

I've got a 27" 1440p 144Hz sitting between a 27" 1080p 60Hz and a 27" 1080p 75Hz curved, and they look just fine next to each other.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

13 minutes ago, Assassinguy2623 said:

Well obviously yeah, having two different sized monitors looks bad....

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Well obviously yeah, having two different sized monitors looks bad....

ik but i didnt think it would look so bad having the smaller one off to the side as like a seperate monitor

6 minutes ago, Assassinguy2623 said:

ik but i didnt think it would look so bad having the smaller one off to the side as like a seperate monitor

Ok so then why did you make this topic?

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Ok so then why did you make this topic?

cos i wanted a second opinion

15 minutes ago, Assassinguy2623 said:

cos i wanted a second opinion

There really isn't a point to a second opinion if you agree with the same opinion as yours and disagree with a different opinion than yours, don't you think?

Spoiler

if you like symmetry, don't. i have a 23.6" sitting in the middle of my setup, and 2 24" on either side, all 1080p. it looks weird if you just look at it, like something is wrong about the placement but you can't really figure out what... but if i use my setup i don't really notice it. but i am a bit of a symmetry freak about displays, so yeah.. 

however, that's a 0.4" difference. with a 4" difference it will be far more noticable....

in the end, it's up to you. i don't know what your definition of a good looking setup is. if you don't mind having 2 different monitors then.. 

another thing, how will you place them? the bezel in the middle and the screens in a "V" shape? or one screen in the middle and one on the side? if you want 3 screens, you could easely get another 24" for cheap, and then have a triple screen setup, with the 27" in the middle. that looks a lot better than 2 screens in my opinion. 

but like i said, it's up to you. i don't know your style...

She/Her

its all personal perfence, i have a 3440x1440 acer predator x34 and have orderd 2 x 24inch 1080p's to go each side on seprate wall mounted arms, there not used as 1 whole gaming screen but could be if i wanted (if the 1070 could handle it lol), the difference in height is the same as a 27 vs 24 coz the 34 UW is only wider, you go with what you like, some will like it others wont