Classic Game Room Leaves YouTube due to Content ID Claims

TheKurtster

It is with great sadness I report that Classic Game Room, a YouTube channel that has been around since the dawn of YouTube, has left.

For reasons related to the Content ID Claims that YouTube has been making Mark from CGR HD released his final video today December 12, 2013.

The video can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8kIrsw8-io

I am extremely aggravated with the stupid Content ID Claims. I understand that they must happen, but doing this to the point where a channel has to close up shop and move. YouTube needs to get it's sh*t together.

My BattleBox Specs: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.2GHz, ASUS Maximus VI Hero, 16GB 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance Memory, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760, Corsair C70, Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013, Intel 330 Series 180GB & Samsung 840 Series 120GB, 3TB WD Green, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. Visit kurtgrosser.com for quality content! Cheers from Canada, eh?

Good! Only people who leave YouTube will change a damn thing.

Not petitions.

Not whining.

People actually taking their business elsewhere.

Hopefully the bigger ones will do it too.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

It's not sad.

This guy is doing the smart thing, and the right thing.

Youtube is being RETARDED right now, and i forsee a lot of gaming channels doing this. I'm glad tbh

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

The thing that bothers me is that YouTube basically pushed one of their original Partners away.

CGR has been part of the Partner Program basically since it launched.

Once YouTube sees the large decrease in Partners, then maybe they'll get their sh*t together.

My BattleBox Specs: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.2GHz, ASUS Maximus VI Hero, 16GB 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance Memory, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760, Corsair C70, Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013, Intel 330 Series 180GB & Samsung 840 Series 120GB, 3TB WD Green, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. Visit kurtgrosser.com for quality content! Cheers from Canada, eh?

All the fuck-ups and ignorance from Google regarding Youtube is finally starting to bite them in the ass.

I think the recent Content ID fuck-up was the final straw, Blip, Vimeo and Dailymotion must be celebrating with joy as I speak.

All the fuck-ups and ignorance from Google regarding Youtube is finally starting to bite them in the ass.

I think the recent Content ID fuck-up was the final straw, Blip, Vimeo and Dailymotion must be celebrating with joy as I speak.

But they're not viable options, we all know this. If people want their videos seen they have to have them on Youtube... Google don't seem to care how much they piss off the content creators because they know they have no other options.

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

But they're not viable options, we all know this. If people want their videos seen they have to have them on Youtube... Google don't seem to care how much they piss off the content creators because they know they have no other options.

True, but as CGR has done, just make and host your own website that houses your content.

Cut out the middleman, get direct video views. RoosterTeeth has been doing this since they started and still do it and use YouTube as well.

I can see a lot of channels to start closing down and moving their things to a custom website.

Vimeo is several orders of magnitude better than YouTube in terms of quality and support, and is big enough to 'catch on' fairly quickly if an entire subset of YouTube content creators move there. I don't give half a shit what people think is viable now, it will be viable if content creators have willpower and backbone enough to pick up their knick knacks and make it happen.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

True, but as CGR has done, just make and host your own website that houses your content.

Cut out the middleman, get direct video views. RoosterTeeth has been doing this since they started and still do it and use YouTube as well.

I can see a lot of channels to start closing down and moving their things to a custom website.

But Youtube provides a medium for which to publicize the videos. Having your own website is great if you have a big following but if you don't, then there's just no point. I wouldn't expect any youtubers less than ~400k to have the ability to do this.

Vimeo is several orders of magnitude better than YouTube in terms of quality and support, and is big enough to 'catch on' fairly quickly if an entire subset of YouTube content creators move there. I don't give half a shit what people think is viable now, it will be viable if content creators have willpower and backbone enough to pick up their knick knacks and make it happen.

That's just what I mean, the vast majority of content creators, including a lot of big names, would have to take their following to Vimeo or another website. They're unlikely to even move, let alone all decide on the same one.

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

But Youtube provides a medium for which to publicize the videos. Having your own website is great if you have a big following but if you don't, then there's just no point. I wouldn't expect any youtubers less than ~400k to have the ability to do this.

Sure, smaller YouTuber's don't have the ability, but all it takes is to have all the big YouTuber's leave YouTube and Google will change.

Smosh, PewDiePie, LinusTechTips, TotalBiscuit, RoosterTeeth, Cryaotic, Seananners. UberHaxorNova, etc. all move their business to their own website, then YouTube will change.

Sure, smaller YouTuber's don't have the ability, but all it takes is to have all the big YouTuber's leave YouTube and Google will change.

Smosh, PewDiePie, LinusTechTips, TotalBiscuit, RoosterTeeth, Cryaotic, Seananners. UberHaxorNova, etc. all move their business to their own website, then YouTube will change.

I think we're underestimating laziness of the typical end user.

"SIgn up for a new site? That takes time!"

I think we're underestimating laziness of the typical end user.

"SIgn up for a new site? That takes time!"

"Sign up for a new site when the only YouTuber I watch stops using YouTube? Why not!".

When you go to YouTube for a couple people and they ALL leave YouTube, what do you do? Go find new people? No, you follow them.

It's a step in the right direction. Let's show them how much they need us and that they can't f*** all those great video makers out there.

Sadly there aren't any viable alternatives to youtube.

144Hz goodness

Not hard to leave YouTube and go right to Mark's website to see the vids. His videos are one of the few things that make me smile and laugh at times.

Youtube .. Twitch .. so many sites that involve video that are going to hell lately.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

What are Youtube going to do when even their big guns like Pewdiepie can't monetize gaming videos any more? How much traffic is driven to Youtube because of gaming channels?

What are Youtube going to do when even their big guns like Pewdiepie can't monetize gaming videos any more? How much traffic is driven to Youtube because of gaming channels?

pewpewpie? dont care, same with Athena or whatever his "name" is, i just..don't like them for some reason and to me this two lacks charisma unlike Cynical Brit, Angry Joe and Lord Karnage!!! damn this guys are BroahSome..but anyway i se your point and i wonder what will happen next year. 

Wow just imagine all the comedians and err "gamer guys" gone its like...NO INTERNET CONNECTION! 

The thing that bothers me is that YouTube basically pushed one of their original Partners away.

CGR has been part of the Partner Program basically since it launched.

Once YouTube sees the large decrease in Partners, then maybe they'll get their sh*t together.

Well,when google fire these partners,google can push more ads down our throat.Problem solved.