Should i pirate windows?

Xtreme7000

Just use Windows without activating it if you don't have enough to get a legitimate license yet.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

On 12/22/2017 at 9:50 AM, Jamiec1130 said:

Just use Windows without activating it if you don't have enough to get a legitimate license yet.

Ik that, but i dont want the watermark and the other things

On 12/22/2017 at 9:50 AM, Crunchy Dragon said:

Buy an OEM key

give a reason 

Just now, Xtreme7000 said:

give a reason 

Piracy is illegal

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Piracy is illegal

A good reason.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

You can't talk about this

however the posting or discussing pirated/hacked/cracked or otherwise nefariously obtained content is not. This includes Windows content, games, hackintosh, etc. Also discussions regarding ways to avoid or block legitimately installed monitoring/tracking software or the like is also not allowed.

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

15 minutes ago, Thermosman said:

except we're not. like, at all.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

As mentioned above, talk about piracy isn't allowed, same goes with discussion encouraging piracy.

This thread will remain open until the discussion encourage piracy or links/explain ways to facilitate it. (BTW, if links/explanations are provided, warnings can or will be issued). 

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

look i'm all for the try before you buy model of piracy (yes I have pirated windows in the past along with games and what not) but as far as should "no" can you "yes" try and check if the "torret" as they are call is from a trusted uploader they "usually" don't put malicous stuff in torrents. That being said I don't like to say "yes go down load it from here and just follow the instructions".... it doesn't work out well (non versed people get shafted),

anyway TLDR should you pirate windows NO

But if you are BE CAREFUL and fucking buy the product if you like it (I bought DS2, AS4, and Skyrim cause I like them and I could afford them when I scraped the cash together)

Why you should not pirate Windows:

• The OS is the best value for your money among all software including games. For 120$, assuming the retail box, you are using a massively complex piece of software, that controls all your hardware inside and outside your PC that are connected in some fashion to it (without an OS, your PC is nothing more than an overpriced door stop). You use it more than any 60$ game you play (the OS runs your game... so if you play 200h of some game, than you used 200h of Windows at the same time). That 60$ game is a piece of cake compared to an OS in terms of complexity.

• Support the developers. Windows makes your DirectX, and Microsoft a contributor of OpenGL as well, not to mention that many engineers within Microsoft, personally contribute to mass number of open source software, including Linux based OSs, OpenGL, and more. You keep them having a job, this makes your games and program be even cooler and better.

• You have free options out there. You don't want to buy Windows. You can get an Apple computer which includes MacOS within the price, and have free support. And you have a massive collection of Linux based OS distros that you can't even count them which all of those are free.

• It is illegal.

• You have no guaranty of the legitimacy of the OS and hacking tools. The OS might have been modified to actually spy on you for identity theft purposes, and/or include viruses and malware injected directly on the code of the OS, making all of these undetectable by any anti-virus, anti-malware, and any other security software. You are infected, and it is impossible for you to know, putting your private data and other valuable data such as family pictures at risk (we don't have a time machine to go back and retake them). Hacking tool usually involved modifying system files.

• Solid experience (assuming you don't screw up your own PC, of course), you get to enjoy a fully updated OS, as updates comes out, and not have to worry about the hacked version you are using from not working anymore, or working properly, or gets de-activated.

• No need to worry of being "unplugged" from MS services, reducing your experience, to avoid being detected that you are running a non legit version of Windows.

6 hours ago, Thermosman said:

oh

7 hours ago, Xtreme7000 said:

give a reason 

I can sometimes understand why younger people are thinking about piracy and I am not sure how old you are but if you already have a regular job imagine you're programming 8+ hours a day on a software and get nothing in return because people are pirating ur software. Where would you be now then?

You are going to use the OS for multiple years,every day while the key is only 20-30€.

Do you really want to pirate that?

7 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:
  Hide contents

apw-2_original.jpg

Think that may have made him change his underwearxD

My daily driver: The Wrath of Red: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen TR4 1950x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA621P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASRock x399 Taichi / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / Samsung 512GB 970 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor x3

My technology Rig: The wizard: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen R7 1800x 3.95MHz / Corsair H110i / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASUS CH 6 / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / 512GB 960 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor HP Monitor

My I don't use RigOS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen 1600x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / Samsung PM961 256GB M.2 PCIe Internal SSDEVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor

My NAS: The storage miser: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / CPU Intel i7 6700 / Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 Watt 80 Plus / ASUS Maximus viii Hero / 32GB Gskill RipJaw DDR4 3200Mhz / HP Mellanox ConnectX-2 10 GbE PCI-e G2 Dual SFP+ Ported Ethernet HCA NIC / 9 Drives total 29TB - 1 4TB seagate parity - 7 4TB WD Red data - 1 1TB laptop drive data - and 2 240GB Sandisk SSD's cache / Headless

Why did I buy this server: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / Dell R710 enterprise server with dual xeon E5530 / 48GB ecc ddr3 / Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT / 4 450GB sas drives / headless

Just another server: OS Proxmox VE / Dell poweredge R410

8 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

The OS is the best value for your money among all software including games. For 120$, assuming the retail box, you are using a massively complex piece of software, that controls all your hardware inside and outside your PC that are connected in some fashion to it (without an OS, your PC is nothing more than an overpriced door stop). You use it more than any 60$ game you play (the OS runs your game... so if you play 200h of some game, than you used 200h of Windows at the same time). That 60$ game is a piece of cake compared to an OS in terms of complexity.

Its not the best value, its just the only option and they have a monopoly over the OS industry. For 120$ you are paying way too much, since Microsoft expects most people to get it cheaper. They make their money selling telemetry data and azure cloud. Windows may be complex but it has a crap-load of issues due to it. Getting an OEM key for 5$ is much better.

Support the developers. Windows makes your DirectX, and Microsoft a contributor of OpenGL as well, not to mention that many engineers within Microsoft, personally contribute to mass number of open source software, including Linux based OSs, OpenGL, and more. You keep them having a job, this makes your games and program be even cooler and better.

Microsoft has plenty of money, and as I said above, they dont make much money off of selling windows. They make these APIs to ensure their monopoly on the market.

No need to worry of being "unplugged" from MS services, reducing your experience, to avoid being detected that you are running a non legit version of Windows.

"REDUCING YOUR EXPERIENCE"; well I really find all my data being sent to Microsoft with a non-anonymous identification great.

DISCLAIMER: In no way do I support piracy, however, I felt necessary to go on a rant after it seemed like people thought Microsoft was a good, caring business that's not trying to extort you of your money and profit off you in ways that most of their users don't understand

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

1 hour ago, Thermosman said:

Its not the best value, its just the only option and they have a monopoly over the OS industry. For 120$ you are paying way too much, since Microsoft expects most people to get it cheaper. They make their money selling telemetry data and azure cloud. Windows may be complex but it has a crap-load of issues due to it. Getting an OEM key for 5$ is much better.

It is the best value among ALL paying software. But if you think that 60$ game us worth more than a full fledged OS, that is your call. I am sure someone will argue how those 0.99 mobile games are so much better value than any PC game combined.

Microsoft has plenty of money, and as I said above, they dont make much money off of selling windows. They make these APIs to ensure their monopoly on the market.

So, because they have money, you can do illegal activity? Maybe your employer must go "Hey! Thermosman has this new fancy smartphone... he makes a lot of money.. maybe I should not pay him for 6 month or a the whole year!" Crazy no? How is that any different?

As for "APIs to ensure monopoly", what? APIs are just function calls for pre-made code to make dev life easier. They are many open source code that does the same thing as many things. You can do a fully stand alone program. As a developer, nothing stops you. If you meant "DirectX", well, there are OpenGL, and many devs uses it. In fact, more games are made with OpenGL than DirectX.

"REDUCING YOUR EXPERIENCE"; well I really find all my data being sent to Microsoft with a non-anonymous identification great.

You seem to have no problem with your Nvidia GPU, Google services, Android phone, Facebook, Twitter, Google Ad service and web tracking used by most websites, Chrome web browser even when using private browsing mode... where all this is burried from you from knowing.... oh but Microsoft.... telemetry data, sync my stuff between computers, and bing ads (on select apps, services), that is no go.... k

But if it bugs you, you have other alternatives.

DISCLAIMER: In no way do I support piracy, however, I felt necessary to go on a rant after it seemed like people thought Microsoft was a good, caring business that's not trying to extort you of your money and profit off you in ways that most of their users don't understand

I don't see how Microsoft extort you from your money, and "profit off you in ways that most of their users don't understand".

If you wonder the companies social responsibility, they are the only one, if I am not mistaken, contributing the most, and are active (wants to) to do it, and doesn't do it for marketing purposes or minimum by law/society pressure.

MS has been fighting for privacy laws, fighting for net neutrality, invest in providing internet to rural area in the US and worldwide, large investment for making Windows and its products accessible to disabled where no other company wants really to invest anything as it doesn't bring money, donating well over 1 billion dollars in value software to schools, and third world countries each year, including giving any students (with a school e-mail) Office 365 for free, and not to mention other offers for registered institutions allows students to get virtually all Microsoft software, including Windows for free. Pushing programs to help women in the computer field, donating to over 12,000 charities, and more. But i guess all this doesn't count.

Yes, perhaps all this investment in social responsibility is because the company past actions, they feel guilty. Most likely the case, but what is done has been done. Now, they are trying to repay. But my point is that currently, your dollar is not put into a saving bank, or used directly to satisfy their investors and shareholders by doing the minimum by law or social pressure. A large portion is used for good, if what I am saying.

12 hours ago, Xtreme7000 said:

Idk if is should pirate it or buy an OEM builder key

You should totally pirate windows! Possible pros include a feeling of helping others as your computer uses it's resources helping to DDoS websites and selling your private information (you know, like Facebook does anyway). If you like reading, you'll enjoy reading the paperwork that Microsoft sends you. Hopefully, you're longing for human contact (like all mammals do), because you might even get a visit from some nifty people whose jackets say FBI. I don't know what that stands for, I think it means Female Body Inspector or something. Who knows, but It'll be fun right?! You might even get a club jacket!!!!

Disclaimer: Satire is not support

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

2 minutes ago, ShoByte said:

What ticks me off is when you have a legit copy and change your hardware then they tell you to buy another copy.

If you have a legit copy and then upgrade your motherboard, CPU, etc. then you do not need to buy a new licence. All you need to do is contact the Microsoft Activation Centre and complete a telephone activation. You can only transfer MS OS licensing in the following circumstances:

OEM / System Builder:

• If your PC has suffered a major hardware failure (e.g. motherboard has failed due to power surge) and is not repairable, and like-for-like parts cannot be sourced.
  • Your board has been replaced due to a faulty IO port, etc.
  • These licences are not available through retail channels, unless purchased with a pre-built system. Most hardware channel partners will sell the OS uninstalled if you purchase 99% of the parts that are needed to build a PC (Motherboard, CPU, PSU, HDD and RAM) and are building it yourself.

Retail:

• You can transfer the license in almost all circumstances, as long as the installation of Windows has been removed from the old machine and will no longer be used.

That was windows 7, there is no more tele activation. I'm sure I just got one person that didn't know what they are doing. None the less it's annoying.

4 hours ago, ShoByte said:

That was windows 7, there is no more tele activation. I'm sure I just got one person that didn't know what they are doing. None the less it's annoying.

I believe you are mistaken:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/activate-windows-10-license-microsoft-support/

*Disclaimer: I do not own and/or operate the website for which I have provided links in this post, and I do not take responsibility for it's contents.

If you upgraded from windows 7 and misplaced the key, you can't do that.

You have to have the liecence linked to your account. Which I did and it still errors.

16 hours ago, RandomGuy13 said:

You can get keys much cheaper from sites like G2A and Kinguin.

Which is almost same as pirating. But instead of you being pirate, you are paying someone else to be a pirate.

15 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

The OS is the best value for your money among all software including games. For 120$, assuming the retail box, you are using a massively complex piece of software, that controls all your hardware inside and outside your PC that are connected in some fashion to it (without an OS, your PC is nothing more than an overpriced door stop). You use it more than any 60$ game you play (the OS runs your game... so if you play 200h of some game, than you used 200h of Windows at the same time). That 60$ game is a piece of cake compared to an OS in terms of complexity.

Not to mention time spend on OS compared to games compared to any other piece of hardware. Like paying $400 for GPU that is good for 3-5 years vs OS that is good for 7-10 years.

Its not the best value, its just the only option and they have a monopoly over the OS industry.

? What do you call BSD, Unix, Linux and macOS then? Or even ChromeOS and SteamOS (granted both are variants of Linux).

For 120$ you are paying way too much, since Microsoft expects most people to get it cheaper.

If they expect people to get it cheaper, why they have such high price to begin with? Wouldn't it be better for them to sell keys cheap and then sell all that data? No, rather they are doind nesting process by selling volume keys to schools and business. Forcing software makers to focus on Windows and harder to switch. And making kids learn Windows from start so anything else feel heresy.

No one, not even MS employees and probably not even @GoodBytes himself thinks MS as good and fair company. But you are suggesting paying someone to be a pirate instead of doing the dirty work yourself.

Options in most piraty-order:

1. Pirate yourself
  2. Pay someone else to pirate it for you
  3. Get legit OEM for ~$80
  4. Get retail for $120
  5. Get OS that is already free, namely Linux.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv