1TB usb for $20??

MC_MAN
3 hours ago, Being Delirious said:

There's no such thing as a 1tb usb drive.

prodDT-HXP30-img.jpg

they exist, they dont for $20 :P

--

on topic: they fudge the controller to show up as an *insert size here* sized drive, there's ways to fudge them back and actually use them at the size they are. i've actually seen cases (i know some idiots.. dont ask) where the real size wasnt even someting sensible, i guess they buy rejected chips, disable the broken stuff, and use whatever is left to make something that at first sight looks functional, then flash it to look like some stupid size, and ship it :P

1 hour ago, Princess Cadence said:

I always thought Amazon only sold original brand new products with invoice, at best refurbished and such stuff, I didn't know it sold junk scam stuff like eBay... can someone explain to me this.

Amazon like ebay has random sellers who just like ebay just list items for sale no real Checking or offical manufacter needed. Its actually really sketchy some get very close to manufacters name and pretend to be a trused manfu. and then sell knock off cases chargers headphones ect.  or just garbarge products 

These are rejected flash chips with a spoofed firmware displaying a fake capacity.

Checking them with a tool will show the true capacity, likely something around 4-8GB's.

Writing to it a couple times gets your data corrupted as well, those are rejected flash chips we are talking about; there is a reason they got rejected.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

16 minutes ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

Amazon like ebay has random sellers who just like ebay just list items for sale no real Checking or offical manufacter needed. Its actually really sketchy some get very close to manufacters name and pretend to be a trused manfu. and then sell knock off cases chargers headphones ect.  or just garbarge products 

Not to mention that in any online transaction, it's important to use one's critical thinking skills.  If a deal is WAY to good to be true, it almost certainly isn't true.  There are deals, great deals, and then deals that are clearly trying to appeal to your greed in hope that you don't think about how it's obviously a trap.

I'd be impressed if we somehow managed to make 1TB that size and nobody making news about it.

Someday that will be 1TB :D just not now :(

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

Not to mention that in any online transaction, it's important to use one's critical thinking skills.  If a deal is WAY to good to be true, it almost certainly isn't true.  There are deals, great deals, and then deals that are clearly trying to appeal to your greed in hope that you don't think about how it's obviously a trap.

That is true for anything in life.

An email saying you won the lottery, even though you never played is always a red flag.

When you didn't do it, or it is too good to be true; it 99% of the time is!

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

these are super common out of China.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.