What is the best way to test a second hand graphics card for stability?

So like the title of the thread itself says, what is the best way to truly test a second hand graphics for stability? Making sure it doesn't artifact or hangs or causes any issues.

Is it games? Benchmarking programs like 3dmark? Or torture tests like furmark? Or all of them?

A few runs of Unigine Superposition would be good.  

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

5 minutes ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

So like the title of the thread itself says, what is the best way to truly test a second hand graphics for stability? Making sure it doesn't artifact or hangs or causes any issues.

Is it games? Benchmarking programs like 3dmark? Or torture tests like furmark? Or all of them?

A few rounds of 3DMark wouldn't hurt. Especially since you can put it on loop.

I'd say at the minimum for peace of mind, let it run overnight.

I agree with all the above posts, I personally would stay away from furmark, it's known to kill GPUs. Running a few games wouldn't hurt either

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Unigine and 3DMark are both good. Aida64 has a GPU stress test as well. Plus any games you may have that have a built in benchmark feature. I've found that the more programs you can use to test the better, because they each stress a different way and one might succeed where another fails.

14 minutes ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

throw it into another pc and try some 3D mark, Unigine Heaven or Forrest

I'd recommend AID64... It has a good stability test. However, do NOT use furmark. That puts a ridiculous artificial load on the GPU.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D