Nvidia Titan V

Ritzkpl

Do you guys think the new Titan V will perform to justify it's 3000$ price tag?

nvidia-titan-v-gallery-a-641-u.jpg

No because the ..80Ti will have the same gaming performance (maybe better in some cases) and will be cheaper. 

Edited by LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

1080 Ti will be better, and at a better price point. (Bulding a Quad SLI Titan V system build on Linus Tech Tips Soon :D)

20 minutes ago, Ritzkpl said:

Do you guys think the new Titan V will perform to justify it's 3000$ price tag?

The titan V is designed for deep AI learning, not gaming. Although you can game well on it, you could easily strap together 2 1080tis for 2/3 of the price and have much better frames. Titans are built for encoding, rendering, all that. They stopped being made for gaming a while ago

They will probably perform pretty poorly at gaming actually. Titans are not gaming cards, they are AI deep learning, encoding and rendering focused now.. pretty much as everyone else has said so far. If it does those tasks better and faster than other cards, it could be worth the price to people who use it in those ways. but for a gamer, absolutely not. Waste of money. if you want the best of Volta for gaming, wait for the 2080ti later next year(or 2019).

I am whatever I am. 

Titans are a waste of money for people who primarily game because that's not the target market. It's a "prosumer" lineup, meant for people who want to do compute workloads but don't really need all the whizbang features Quadros provide like ECC VRAM.

Think of it as AMD Threadripper or Intel's X platform.

there's a few jokes to be made here...

- something about "V-cards"

- something about the price and the card being gold colored

- something about jayztwocents watercooling 11 of them in SLI for paint 3D.

but yes, it'll perform to match its 3K pricetag, because it'll be alone in a class, and when something is alone in a class, it can be priced at whatever the flip it wants.

Yes obviously its performance justifies its cost, problem is finding someone who truly understand what's the purpose of the card, this is not a mainstream product any more, nVidia even ditch GeForce GTX branding of it completely now.

On a second note, I absolutely love the FE cooler, it is the most beautiful ever but for 3000$ and label as the best video card in the world I honestly expected to see something like the Fury X with a dedicated water cooling built in, we all know that the TITAN Xp even with 400ish more CUDA Cores performs worse than overclocked 1080 Ti's due to the liming cooling conditions.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Unrelated to how the Titan V will perform (no card will perform well enough to justify a $3000 price tag), I don't understand how GPU manufacturers come up with their naming conventions. It's like they randomly skip or reboot number sequences. In this case, V is less than X in both alphabetical and roman connotations. Back in the day they went from the Geforce4 to the FX to the 6, recently the release of their main line, they just skipped the 800 series, and it's still up in the air whether they'll jump from 10x to 11x or 20x. AMD is even more confusing (to me).

2 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

Yes obviously its performance justifies its cost, problem is finding someone who truly understand what's the purpose of the card, this is not a mainstream product any more, nVidia even ditch GeForce GTX branding of it completely now.

On a second note, I absolutely love the FE cooler, it is the most beautiful ever but for 3000$ and label as the best video card in the world I honestly expected to see something like the Fury X with a dedicated water cooling built in, we all know that the TITAN Xp even with 400ish more CUDA Cores performs worse than overclocked 1080 Ti's due to the liming cooling conditions.

Consumer style water cooling isn't really a big thing in the professional world. Not considered super reliable. 

2 hours ago, ZenMonkey said:

Unrelated to how the Titan V will perform (no card will perform well enough to justify a $3000 price tag), I don't understand how GPU manufacturers come up with their naming conventions. It's like they randomly skip or reboot number sequences. In this case, V is less than X in both alphabetical and roman connotations. Back in the day they went from the Geforce4 to the FX to the 6, recently the release of their main line, they just skipped the 800 series, and it's still up in the air whether they'll jump from 10x to 11x or 20x. AMD is even more confusing (to me).

V for Volta 

2 hours ago, ZenMonkey said:

As mentioned before, V is for Volta.

The FX shorthand for "Effects", plus all of the models were in the 5000 range and was referred to as the GeForce 5 series.

GeForce 800 was a laptop only thing. Ditto with the GeForce 100 series (which is coming around full circle with the MX 100 series)