FCC Unveils Plan To Repeal Net Neutrality Rules

Evanair
Just now, Sauron said:

Pai is not an idiot. He's corrupt, and Trump knows it very well. Trump is also not an idiot, he's just an opportunistic liar. None of this would be allowed to happen if Trump cared, but he doesn't - he's just looking for strong supporters in exchange for favours. We had a guy like that for almost 20 years here in Italy, this is nothing new.

I didn't mean for it to appear that I said Trump was an idiot, I do not believe he is. Sorry for not clarifying that. Also, I just generally think that Pai may be IQ smart but not leader smart.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

Just now, TheCherryKing said:

I see lots of bias and propaganda being spread throughout this thread. Boo hoo who!

It's not bias, we just don't want to pay $50 a month extra to have faster speeds on certain sites. And on sites we don't pay for extra speed, it gets throttled. That's bullshit. From any prospective.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Net Neutrality repel is the literal rape of US internet.  

Excuse my language 

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

1 minute ago, TheCherryKing said:

I am not going to alternatively represent facts because I will be accused of trolling, being called retarded, and will receive death threats. People are acting as if the sky is falling! I'm not even going to bother because I will likely get banned by a staff member if they disagree with me.

They have been Closing threads that get political, I have a feeling this one may be closed soon.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

12 minutes ago, TheCherryKing said:

It's bias when there is no diversity of thought and viewpoints.

Wow, just because it's a bias does not make the thought process or agreement wrong. Because by your definition everyone has this evil thing called a bias who thinks gravity is real. There is no diversity of thought or viewpoints. So it's a bias... Who cares? That's like calling a car red, that is red. Yeah by your definition it's a bias, but doesn't mean just because it's a bias that it is wrong.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Just now, Orangeator said:

Wow, just because it's a bias does not make the thought process or agreement wrong. Because by your definition everyone has this evil thing called a bias who thinks gravity is real. There is no diversity of thought or viewpoints. So it's a bias... Who cares? That's like calling a car red, that is red. Yeah by your definition it's a bias, but doesn't mean just because it's a bias that it is wrong.

What I mean is that most of the forum users have opposing viewpoints to me and fail to accept my arguments(in a different thread). People send me horrible messages on all forms of social media that are threatening to my life simply because I am not going to bother arguing with users here again over net neutrality because it is not worth my time. Net neutrality will be repealed anyway :)

1 minute ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

Internet worked before and after net neutrality passed. Not satisfied with your ISP? Build a new one. If others are so bad, you're going to get a lot of users sooner than you might expect.

You can't. To build an ISP in the US you require special government permissions. Just look at how much Google is struggling to get the permits for Google fiber with every other ISP lobbying against them... do you think a random person will fare better than Google? Net neutrality is necessary precisely because of this preexisting law. Since the ISP market is not free, net neutrality was put in place to at least allow the market on the web to be free - repealing it places every single internet focused company in the US at the mercy of ISPs. If you thought Google de-indexing sites they don't like was bad, imagine your ISP simply blocking those sites even if you know their address.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

@TheCherryKing Why don't you like Net Neutrality then?

11 hours ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

Internet worked before and after net neutrality passed. Not satisfied with your ISP? Build a new one. If others are so bad, you're going to get a lot of users sooner than you might expect.

the problem is in the US cables for internet are almost all bought out an area overlapping is not often, hell Google fiber has been in Atlanta for years now and we still don't have it anywhere outside a 20 minute drive out of the city so your forced to be with one ISP as long as your in one building most.

I got lucky we have an area over lap of AT&T and Comcast.

11 hours ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

Better than complaining for net neutrality is simply to revoke the required permits to open and run an ISP.

Net Neutrality sadly doesn't just affect us Americans it affect pretty much everyone barbecue ISP are buying large portions of websites out and then can do the same to other countries and many countries will just look at what the US is doing ad copy them.

Then you're just like us with the government screwing everyone with dumb permits. Better than complaining for net neutrality is simply to revoke the required permits to open and run an ISP. Problem solved, more competition drives prices down and improves services, and nobody is obligated to do any arbitrary stuff that government says.

Revoking special permits leads to people climbing poles without protection and screwing with wires. That's a bad idea. Even if it weren't, this isn't what the discussion is about, and I don't see how removing net neutrality with the current conditions would be positive in any way.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Revoking special permits leads to people climbing poles without protection and screwing with wires. That's a bad idea. Even if it weren't, this isn't what the discussion is about, and I don't see how removing net neutrality with the current conditions would be positive in any way.

yeah you get to what linus was talking about on WAN how People without uniforms are working with wires and it's dangerous.

1 minute ago, Eduard the weeb said:

yeah you get to what linus was talking about on WAN how People without uniforms are working with wires and it's dangerous.

Plus it would throw us back to the stone age, with wildly varying access to different websites and everyone trying to sell their plans with "exclusive" access to given websites. Want to see netflix AND youtube? Better pay both verizon and warner for an internet connection and use two modems!

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

10 hours ago, Sauron said:

warner

Maybe AT&T

http://about.att.com/story/att_to_acquire_time_warner.html

I actually think this is my most popular thread.

Just now, TheCherryKing said:

Government regulation is not an appropriate method for treating data as equal. Treating internet access as a public utility also can cause major problems,

okay cool. I can see why people think that for EX the economy normally does better when the government isn't involved but I personally think the internet does need some regulation like Net Neutrality imo but I respect your opinion. 

even with net neutrality repealed, wont isps that don't support the decision see a boost in sales/ there will be  a desire to support net neutrality???

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

5 minutes ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

First of all, with competition if they lock out websites, they loose clients.

There can't be competition. There already is none - many areas in the US can only get internet access from one provider and the current ISPs have every interest in not competing too harshly against each other in areas where there are more than one. You'll get exclusivity deals to entice customers, not a race to who can give out more websites for free.

5 minutes ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

Second thing: there's nothing preventing small companies from hiring a specializes company to build networks, and that's exactly what most do anyways.

Surely you see the difference between a local network and the internet...? If their business revolves around a website or web servce they can't make their own internet.

7 minutes ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

Even big companies hire third parties to install and maintain networks on specific places.

Again, this has nothing to do with the internet... they make LOCAL networks, they still get internet access from one of the major ISPs. If their ISP for whatever reason locks access to their website, they are screwed, period.

8 minutes ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

Small cities that decided to build their own network did exactly the same.

Cities can do that, but they don't have infinite money and it should not fall upon them to do this. Besides, ONE local competitor isn't enough to create healthy competition.

9 minutes ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

I really don't get why would anyone opose competition

Because repealing net neutrality is exactly the opposite of promoting competition, it's enforcement of a monopoly.

10 minutes ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

where there's small coverage, might be possible share the network with other small networks to save money on the infrastructure.

It's illegal to set up wires on the poles if you're not an ISP. There are no "small" networks that cover limited areas with internet service.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

10 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

even with net neutrality repealed, wont isps that don't support the decision see a boost in sales/ there will be  a desire to support net neutrality???

For example which ones? ALL major ISPs in the US strongly support the repeal.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

First of all, with competition if they lock out websites, they loose clients.

Second thing: there's nothing preventing small companies from hiring a specializes company to build networks, and that's exactly what most do anyways. 

Even big companies hire third parties to install and maintain networks on specific places. Small cities that decided to build their own network did exactly the same.

I really don't get why would anyone opose competition, and where there's small coverage, might be possible share the network with other small networks to save money on the infrastructure.

Okay here we go

1. they trying to push you towards other site EX lets say a ISP has stock in Hulu if they block other movie streaming sites you would most likely move to Hulu and if every ISP is doing it what can you do and Like I said previously most areas have only access to one ISP

2- Yeah there is a few actually first most cables are already bought and getting know can get difficult because ISP can block your website and many TV companies are owned by big ISP EX NBC is owned by Comcast.

3- Yeah but big companies use these things called contracts so you only work with them

4- Most small networks won't succeed and you may lose internet for months if/when they go outta business and they will be stuck.

11 minutes ago, Sauron said:

For example which ones? ALL major ISPs in the US strongly support the repeal.

my friend said comcast and I am pretty sure google wanted Net Neutrality to stay.

1 minute ago, Eduard the weeb said:

my friend said comcast and I am pretty sure google wanted Net Neutrality to stay.

Google is not a major ISP. They stopped expansion and only made it into the downtown core of what... 4 or 5 cities?

Comcast sure as hell does not want Net Neutrality.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Google is not a major ISP. They stopped expansion and only made it into the downtown core of what... 4 or 5 cities?

Comcast sure as hell does not want Net Neutrality.

my city was one then 

Just now, Eduard the weeb said:

my city was one then 

You are very lucky. The vast majority of Americans will likely never have access to Google Fibre.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, Eduard the weeb said:

my city was one then 

Lucky duck. Wish I had Google Fiber at home. I DO have fiber at my college apartment, though, and it's really nice. xD

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

1) Then get more ISPs in your area.
2) Then install more cables and work around bad ISPs.
3) Don't renew the contract.
4) They won't succeed because the rules were made to prevent them from competing with the big ISPs. Change the law and regulations to allow them to compete.

All of those things require new legislation.

If you want Net Neutrality to be unnecessary, then fix those issues first, before repealing NN.

if you repeal NN, and say "well if these other things were different, NN wouldn't be needed", that's not helpful to actually fixing the problem.