Should i buy Blade Razer 2017 or MacBook Pro 2016?

Go to solution Solved by Froody129,

Stay away from Razer laptops... they’re not bad specs wise, but quality control is something they need to work on. 

XPS laptops are beasts, and are relatively thin and light, while having great specs. They are expensive, but so is the MacBook you were looking at

Hello i am thinking to buy a new laptop but i can't make decision! i'm stuck between Blade Razer 2017 and MacBook pro 15 inch 2016 

i have now the MacBook Pro 2012:

Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz

Storage: 512G

Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

and i really use the computer for alot of things!! i'm a graphic designer and i use all of adobe softwares and i'm a photographer so i deal a lot with RAW files and also i'm developer (IOS mostly and i'm used to mac terminal) and i'm a college student also, and sometimes i play video games. so this laptop is a PAIN in the ass and i really need a new strong laptop.

i'm thinking of getting the blade razer 2017! it's true i'm not a real gamer but i think it's a powerful laptop and can suit me

and for my old mac i can upgrade the RAM to 16GB  and maybe use it for the designing things?

the thing about macbook pro 2016 is that the RAM and the SSD are soldered to the logic board!! which make them un-upgradeable. and that's why i'm taking a step back and rethinking buying it. but i don't know i think it's so strong also and the mac quality is so good and the battery life is good too.

Please help. 

Budget?

Neither options are the best IMO. Avoid Razer laptops, poor internal quality, poor QC and poor support

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1 minute ago, ZM Fong said:

Budget?

Neither options are the best IMO. Avoid Razer laptops, poor internal quality, poor QC and poor support

can u recommend me a laptop?

Stay away from Razer laptops... they’re not bad specs wise, but quality control is something they need to work on. 

XPS laptops are beasts, and are relatively thin and light, while having great specs. They are expensive, but so is the MacBook you were looking at

That's an F in the profile pic

44 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Thank you so much dude! i found this and i think it's so GREAT!!!!

http://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/cty/pdp/spd/xps-15-9560-laptop/cax15w10p7s1609

what do you think?

45 minutes ago, nujjod said:

snip

Lovely machine, nice display for your graphic design, and more than powerful enough for the adobe suite and IDEs.
Quality is nice as well, Linus has done videos over the few generations of the XPS line-up if you wanna browse that before making the decision.

1 minute ago, Benjals said:

Lovely machine, nice display for your graphic design, and more than powerful enough for the adobe suite and IDEs.
Quality is nice as well, Linus has done videos over the few generations of the XPS line-up if you wanna browse that before making the decision.

Yes!!! i i made up my mind and i'm going with Xps 15 9560

Keep in mind that you need to do some modding on XPS 15 like undervolting, adding thermal pads on VRM (prevent VRM throttling) and repaste with quality thermal paste (optional)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

2 hours ago, nujjod said:

Yes!!! i i made up my mind and i'm going with Xps 15 9560

Excellent choice :) 

That's an F in the profile pic