newegg no refunds?!

Sword_of_Truth

hey so i bought something on newegg and its n its way to my local post office but now i want to return it but just realized its non refundable, what if i refuse to accept the item?

....i don't know any store that allows refunds because you changed your mind or have buyers remorse/regret.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

2 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

....i don't know any store that allows refunds because you changed your mind or have buyers remorse/regret.

It's a standard here in Finland.

Best stores offers up to 31 days return and change policy.

You can use the item up to 31 days and decide and you don't like it, return it and get your money back.

That goes for every product except games and movies.

Refuse delivery. Newegg will take it back and refund you.

3 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

By Brazilian Law you have up to 7 days to regret any online purchase and is entitled to return the item with a full refund, this is universal to any store that wants to operate on e-commerce nationally.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

53 minutes ago, Jumals said:

It's a standard here in Finland.

Best stores offers up to 31 days return and change policy.

You can use the item up to 31 days and decide and you don't like it, return it and get your money back.

That goes for every product except games and movies.

That's pretty nice. It's 14 days here in the Netherlands. You can return without any reason within that period and get a full refund, as long as it's sent back in the original packaging.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

3 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

In Belgium we have a couple stores allowing full refund if you change your mind after 14 days. Just keep the box and product in a near mint condition.

One store takes it even further and then sells those products as "Second chance", sometimes open-box, sometimes slightly damaged items,etc

A win - win for consumers!

(Just in case some dude/dudette in Belgium is wondering, I'm talking about CoolBlue specifically in the last part.)

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

4 hours ago, Sword_of_Truth said:

hey so i bought something on newegg and its n its way to my local post office but now i want to return it but just realized its non refundable, what if i refuse to accept the item?

Since NewEgg itself has a refund policy, what's the deal here?  Did something you order specifically get marked as Non Refundable?  What did you order?

From their KB: All products that are new with the retail packaging never opened can be returned to Newegg within 30 days regardless of the individual return policy.

Restocking Fees

If you use the return online portal found here to process your return within the item's return policy period, you will receive a prepaid return label at no charge and a full refund to the original form of payment* for the following items:

You return You receive
  • Defective items (no fault of customer)

• Unopened items returned in the original condition as shipped

• Wrong item shipped or item does not match what was shown on the Newegg website

100% of the item's purchase price AND free shipping label

Individual item return policy doesn't matter if it's new unopened. Just refuse the package and they'll refund you automagically.

Refund takes about a week.

7 hours ago, Sword_of_Truth said:

If you refuse the package? Well it'll get sent back to NewEgg, and you'll be out your money and your product.

What did you buy that's non-refundable?

6 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

Are you American? Because most big retailer chains will accept returns for any reason, so long as the item is in working order and has all the packaging.

Examples:

Walmart (Will literally take anything back even without a receipt in many cases)

Best Buy (As long as you've got the receipt, returns are not an issue)

Staples

Target

Etc

Some places may charge a restocking fee, but none of the big chains above do.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

8 hours ago, Sword_of_Truth said:

Hello there,

I do see that you are interested in a return and would be happy to assist you.  As long as the item is unopened I can set up a return for a refund. Please reach out to us by sending  a private message or an email to Wecare@newegg.com with a reference to this post. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Nicholas [Newegg Support]

9 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

Amazon allows returns because you changed your mind.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

10 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

Come to UK and you'll find out that you have either 14 or 30/31 days to change your mind ;) 

edit: In other words, go to any EU country (and sorry for replying with the same thing again). 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

for everyone wondering what i bought lool, its an Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 ti I went over my budget and realized i should definitely not spend that much.

Thank you Nicholas from newegg! you guys are always reaching out its really awesome. I called and got an RMA without even needing to explain myself

alsooo... I wish canada had policies like that!!

20 hours ago, rmac52 said:

Amazon allows returns because you changed your mind.

Most large US retailers allow this, however, in many cases, the item needs to be unopened, and you need to pay for return shipping out of pocket. (or they will deduct return shipping from your refund).

Some retailers allow you to return opened merchandise, but they charge a restocking fee in that case.

Almost all retailers will allow you to return it at their expense if the item is wrong / defective / etc.

Amazon does have a stellar return policy, you can return opened/slightly used items, no questions asked, within 30 days. I don;t like Amazon in general or their near-monopoly position, but they do have a good policy there.

59 minutes ago, maartendc said:

Amazon does have a stellar return policy, you can return opened/slightly used items, no questions asked, within 30 days. I don;t like Amazon in general or their near-monopoly position, but they do have a good policy there.

As long as it is either sold and shipped by Amazon, or fulfilled by Amazon. Some people don't notice that some products are sold by a third party companies, and their policies might be different from Amazon's.

12 hours ago, Sword_of_Truth said:

for everyone wondering what i bought lool, its an Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 ti I went over my budget and realized i should definitely not spend that much.

Thank you Nicholas from newegg! you guys are always reaching out its really awesome. I called and got an RMA without even needing to explain myself

Canada does have policies like this.

If you go to Best Buy (or buy something online), you can return it at any Best Buy location for a full refund, even if the package is open. Same with Staples, Walmart, etc.

Canada Computers has a restocking fee, but they are a "discount shopper" style store, so to keep margins low, they have to skim on some of the bonus features. I believe NCIX has a restocking fee too.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

13 hours ago, Sword_of_Truth said:

I once bought a mouse from Staples, opened it, used it for 2 days, then realized I hated it and returned it no questions asked with the receipt. 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

12 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

I once bought a mouse from Staples, opened it, used it for 2 days, then realized I hated it and returned it no questions asked with the receipt. 

Speaking as someone who worked at Staples, I can confirm this type of experience. Same with Canadian Tire, where I actually worked at the Returns desk.

On 11/29/2017 at 3:50 AM, Sierra Fox said:

Sams Club. You dont have to have a reason. Many items dont have a return policy. Meaning if you want to return a grill 10 years later you can. No, joke. When I was the electronics associate some guy returned like a 5 year old TV. It was not working any more. He was grandfathered in because he bought it before the policy change to 90 days. Sams Club will take about anything back. So will Walmart in most cases. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.