Enthoo Pro M TG vs. Eclipse P400S TG

Fred Flintstone

Enthoo Pro M TG vs. Eclipse P400S TG  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Vote! Thanks in advance

• Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG
    • Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (color scheme of your choice)

Just which one would you get? Assuming that both cost the same. Also I would like to know why you chose one over the other, though the answer could just be the aesthetics of it.

Phanteks Entho Pro M TG: http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Pro-M-TemperedGlass.html

Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG: http://www.phanteks.com/Eclipse-P400S-TemperedGlass.html.

By the way, the latter would be the color of your choice.

Personally, I like the P400S for two reasons, one being that it already includes some LEDs so even if you didn't like RGB, you could just leave them white, and they'd look nice, two it looks way nicer on the frontal top view than the Pro M (personally). I would use the Pro M in an office setting, but the P400S for home use (to show to friends ;) ).

Daily Driver:

CPU - Dual X5670 | GPU - GTX 750 Ti | CASE - HP DL380 G7 | RAM - 128GB Samsung 1366 DDR3 ECC | STORAGE - 8 x 146GB 15K RPM HDD

Work Horse:

CPU - Quad E7-4870 | GPU - Quad Tesla M2090 | CASE - HPDL580 G7 | RAM - 128GB Samsung 1366 DDR3 ECC | STORAGE - 2 x 256GB Samsung 950 EVO SSD

The P400s looks a lot more modern/futuristic with it's front panel design.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

7 minutes ago, owluitar said:

I would use the Pro M in an office setting, but the P400S for home use (to show to friends ;) ).

I think the only advantage the Pro M has over the P400S is overall cooling, that being better airflow, more liquid friendly, slightly better stock fans and not much more. Yes it's got more storage expansion slots, but it actually has less stock storage bays, and if you care so much about storage then you should just get a nice Be Quiet! case and call it a day, but considering it's the age of +3TB HDDs then the P400S shouldn't be a problem at all.

1 minute ago, Fred Flintstone said:

I think the only advantage the Pro M has over the P400S is overall cooling, that being better airflow, more liquid friendly, slightly better stock fans and not much more. Yes it's got more storage expansion slots, but it actually has less stock storage bays, and if you care so much about storage then you should just get a nice Be Quiet! case and call it a day, but considering it's the age of +3TB HDDs then the P400S shouldn't be a problem at all.

I just meant because it's a matte black office style looking computer ;) 

Daily Driver:

CPU - Dual X5670 | GPU - GTX 750 Ti | CASE - HP DL380 G7 | RAM - 128GB Samsung 1366 DDR3 ECC | STORAGE - 8 x 146GB 15K RPM HDD

Work Horse:

CPU - Quad E7-4870 | GPU - Quad Tesla M2090 | CASE - HPDL580 G7 | RAM - 128GB Samsung 1366 DDR3 ECC | STORAGE - 2 x 256GB Samsung 950 EVO SSD

11 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

The P400s looks a lot more modern/futuristic with it's front panel design.

It does, and the front panel is 99% steel vs. cheap-looking mesh on the Pro M. Though for instance the Pro M has a bit better cable management, but it isn't so ahead of the P400S in that regard.

4 minutes ago, owluitar said:

I just meant because it's a matte black office style looking computer ;) 

I know, I only wanted to point the major differences I could notice apart from the looks of each one. Yes the Pro M does look more old school, because of the ODD bay and the bottom-located intake at the front panel. Personally I am going to get the black & white P400S TG because it looks so slick to me, but if I was going to do liquid cooling I would go for the Pro M TG...

Now another question for both of you guys is: Would you actually get one of these cases if you were building a new PC from scratch and you had the budget?

44 minutes ago, Fred Flintstone said:

It does, and the front panel is 99% steel vs. cheap-looking mesh on the Pro M. Though for instance the Pro M has a bit better cable management, but it isn't so ahead of the P400S in that regard.

Agreed.

In just performance, the Pro M is better than the P400S. However, I think that the difference would be negligible enough to ignore this (depending on what hardware you have, of course).

And cable management, well I don't have much to say about that.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

3 hours ago, Fred Flintstone said:

Just which one would you get? Assuming that both cost the same. Also I would like to know why you chose one over the other, though the answer could just be the aesthetics of it.

Phanteks Entho Pro M TG: http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Pro-M-TemperedGlass.html

Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG: http://www.phanteks.com/Eclipse-P400S-TemperedGlass.html.

By the way, the latter would be the color of your choice.

I have 3 P400 cases at the moment. The front panel is a bit restrictive with airflow but if you set it up correctly you won't really notice unless your building a system that will run quite hot. Its built very well for its price point and there is a ton of room behind the mother board tray for cable management. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

10 hours ago, Fred Flintstone said:

I think the only advantage the Pro M has over the P400S is overall cooling, that being better airflow, more liquid friendly, slightly better stock fans and not much more.

This matters especially if you're putting a ryzen R7/ Intel i7, or a GTX1070+/RX56+ hardware in it, as the P400 will start to become a "hotbox" with the lack of airflow. 

If you stay under the R5/i5 and rx580/1060 threshold, the p400 can be recommended. Personally I would just go for the Pro M since I dont care about more optional HDD bays, and the P400 front panel doesn't do anything for me. At least the interior is nearly identical.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 28/11/2017 at 4:40 AM, Zusafek said:

I have 3 P400 cases at the moment. The front panel is a bit restrictive with airflow but if you set it up correctly you won't really notice unless your building a system that will run quite hot. Its built very well for its price point and there is a ton of room behind the mother board tray for cable management. 

On 28/11/2017 at 12:38 PM, TVwazhere said:

This matters especially if you're putting a ryzen R7/ Intel i7, or a GTX1070+/RX56+ hardware in it, as the P400 will start to become a "hotbox" with the lack of airflow. 
If you stay under the R5/i5 and rx580/1060 threshold, the p400 can be recommended.

If I go for the P400S TG I would like to put three 120 fans as front intakes and one 120 as a rear exhaust, do you guys think the airflow would be enough for something like a R5-1600 and a GTX 1070/1080?

Also I would probably use the PSU as an exhaust too.

14 minutes ago, Columbo said:

Just use liquid cooling on the P400 and you won't have any problems with temps. 

Well, right now I only have an H110 motherboard with an i5 and a 960, I can't afford anything else but the case. Though I would like to get a 6-core 12-thread CPU when the next generation arrives (Zen 2 and Ice Lake) and a Volta graphics card too, that's why I mentioned the R5-1600 and the GTX 1070, because I will probably try to get that class of hardware. I was wondering if good airflow would be enough to keep those components away from thermal throttling.

On 11/28/2017 at 11:38 PM, TVwazhere said:

If you stay under the R5/i5 and rx580/1060 threshold, the p400 can be recommended. Personally I would just go for the Pro M since I dont care about more optional HDD bays, and the P400 front panel doesn't do anything for me. At least the interior is nearly identical.

I don't think it'll matter, even if you're putting an R7/i7 and a 1070/RX56+. Those are pretty efficient and cool either way.

Maybe when you're putting a Threadripper/Skylake X and dual 1080 Ti's/RX64s build in a P400, then that'll definitely make things hotter. But the mainstream stuff is okay, even the higher end ones.

As for P400 TG vs Enthoo Pro M TG, well, depends on you. Do you want to do a custom water cooling loop later on? Do you hypothetically see yourself upgrading to a Threadripper/Skylake X build (doubt it, but, well)? Do you just want peace of mind on temperatures? Well, Enthoo Pro M is for you. Otherwise, P400 will do just fine with any mainstream build with a single GPU, aside from being cheaper and having those extra goodies (free RGB 9_9 ).

Aesthetics are all up to you.

Click here to claim your free Linus plushie.

4 hours ago, Fillypino Pride said:

I don't think it'll matter, even if you're putting an R7/i7 and a 1070/RX56+. Those are pretty efficient and cool either way.

That's good to know, though I suppose that next generation stuff will probably be more efficient too.

4 hours ago, Fillypino Pride said:

As for P400 TG vs Enthoo Pro M TG, well, depends on you. Do you want to do a custom water cooling loop later on? Do you hypothetically see yourself upgrading to a Threadripper/Skylake X build (doubt it, but, well)? Do you just want peace of mind on temperatures? Well, Enthoo Pro M is for you. Otherwise, P400 will do just fine with any mainstream build with a single GPU, aside from being cheaper and having those extra goodies (free RGB 9_9 ).

Aesthetics are all up to you.

To be honest I don't see myself getting an AIO either, those are much more expensive than air coolers in my country, the cheapest 240 AIO costs around 100 US dollars in comparison with $50 for something like a Gammaxx 400 or $65 for a Hyper 212X, so I assume that at that price AIOs would offer diminishing returns.

Then the P400S TG is definitely just what I want, since I wouldn't ever utilize the Pro M TG's liquid cooling features and I prefer the former's looks honestly.

1 hour ago, Fred Flintstone said:

That's good to know, though I suppose that next generation stuff will probably be more efficient too.

To be honest I don't see myself getting an AIO either, those are much more expensive than air coolers in my country, the cheapest 240 AIO costs around 100 US dollars in comparison with $50 for something like a Gammaxx 400 or $65 for a Hyper 212X, so I assume that at that price AIOs would offer diminishing returns.

Then the P400S TG is definitely just what I want, since I wouldn't ever utilize the Pro M TG's liquid cooling features and I prefer the former's looks honestly.

Not sure how much or if you're going to OC but Ryzen's stock cooler's actually good enough for even mild OC's (3.7@stock voltage).

You don't need to spend another $50 for a 212X or similar cooler, unless if you're getting a 1600X, or OC'ing beyond 3.7 and adding more voltage.

Click here to claim your free Linus plushie.

3 hours ago, Fillypino Pride said:

Not sure how much or if you're going to OC but Ryzen's stock cooler's actually good enough for even mild OC's (3.7@stock voltage).

You don't need to spend another $50 for a 212X or similar cooler, unless if you're getting a 1600X, or OC'ing beyond 3.7 and adding more voltage.

Well, when Ice Lake and Zen 2 come out I would like to get a CPU that could go above 4.0GHz, with 6 cores and 12 threads or more, but there's no way to know how will these future architectures work. Thanks for the info tho, it's good to know that, but I think I will get a Hyper 212X right after I put my current sytem together in the P400S TG since I doubt the stock cooler of my i5 could keep decent temps during hours-long gaming sessions.

The P400S had abysmal airflow in comparison to the Enthoo Pro M. The comparison I make is, if you took the front panel of the P400, the temperatures would drop around 10C on both my GTX 1080 Hybrid and i7-5930k. That's a pretty significant difference.

With a very similar cooling setup on my Enthoo Pro M, taking the front panel off would only yield a difference of 2-3C.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

3 minutes ago, Suika said:

The P400S had abysmal airflow in comparison to the Enthoo Pro M. The comparison I make is, if you took the front panel of the P400, the temperatures would drop around 10C on both my GTX 1080 Hybrid and i7-5930k. That's a pretty significant difference.

With a very similar cooling setup on my Enthoo Pro M, taking the front panel off would only yield a difference of 2-3C.

Even with 3 intakes? So it's as bad as the S340... The question is, do those 10°C mean throttling in your case?

27 minutes ago, Fred Flintstone said:

Even with 3 intakes? So it's as bad as the S340... The question is, do those 10°C mean throttling in your case?

I had two NF-F12s and two be quiet! Silent Wings 2 140mms acting as front intake in both cases.

Throttling? CPU, no. It hit high temperatures (93C max) with my overclock but it didn't technically throttle. My GPU? Any Pascal GPU is going to throttle the more heat you throw at it, even as low as 30C, possibly lower, due to the way GPU Boost 3.0 works. You might lose 12-50MHz or you may lose out on a slightly more aggressive OC, hard to say. At least for me, I didn't hit 2GHz until I fixed my airflow, even with my hybrid, but I lost the silicon lottery with my 1080 anyway.

25 minutes ago, Fred Flintstone said:

The middle fan wont get any air, since the bottom fan gets all the bottom intake and the top fan gets the top intake. GN did a test of this on the EVGA DG-77 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

7 hours ago, Suika said:

I had two NF-F12s and two be quiet! Silent Wings 2 140mms acting as front intake in both cases.

Throttling? CPU, no. It hit high temperatures (93C max) with my overclock but it didn't technically throttle. My GPU? Any Pascal GPU is going to throttle the more heat you throw at it, even as low as 30C, possibly lower, due to the way GPU Boost 3.0 works. You might lose 12-50MHz or you may lose out on a slightly more aggressive OC, hard to say. At least for me, I didn't hit 2GHz until I fixed my airflow, even with my hybrid, but I lost the silicon lottery with my 1080 anyway.

Well then, 93°C during a synthetic benchmark I assume, or was it while gaming? If so that would be pretty bad actually. Anyway I doubt I will overclock neither my CPU nor my GPU, at least not by increasing voltage, I would probably increase just the clock speed until it's unstable.

7 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

The middle fan wont get any air, since the bottom fan gets all the bottom intake and the top fan gets the top intake. GN did a test of this on the EVGA DG-77 

But I would like to put 3 fans on the front mounts just for aesthetic purposes, three 120s taking all the empty space look "cooler" (IMO) than two 140s at the very top and bottom with nothing in the middle :S...

Thanks again for the data tho, the more you know!

2 hours ago, Fred Flintstone said:

Well then, 93°C during a synthetic benchmark I assume, or was it while gaming?

Synthetic, which is why I was OK running at that temperature.

1 minute ago, Suika said:

Synthetic, which is why I was OK running at that temperature.

Do you know or have an estimate of what temperatures you got while gaming?