Why is doing minecraft videos cringey?

Okay so I know that minecraft has a pretty awful fan base of younger kids. Honestly though I’ve been playing minecraft since 2013 and It’s not like it’s a bad game, it just has really Cringey little 13 year olds that take it over. I have a YouTube channel that I do let’s plays on and it’s doing fairly well. I don’t want to start any hate here I just want to ask, why do minecraft videos get automatically branded as “Cringe”? I would love to do some minecraft videos but I don’t want to have the instant hate and judgement that automatically comes with making a minecraft video. Any thoughts? 

#BudgetMasterRace

CPU: Pentium G4560  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 OC  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400mhz  CASE: NZXT S340  POWER SUPPLY: EVGA 500B MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B250M-DS3H  STORAGE: 1tb Wd Blue 7200rpm hdd  MOUSE: Redragon M711 Cobra Chroma RGB 

KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe  MICROPHONE: Blue Snowball  DISPLAY: Dell S2440L 1080p 60hz  HEADPHONES: Audio Technica ATH-M30X's

it's not the game

it's the community; similar to Undertale 

EDIT:

this video (despite its provocative title), elaborates on ^^

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

It's because teens these days are raised to like violent shooter games instead of creative stuff that uses your imagination.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, shadowbyte said:

it's not the game

it's the community; similar to Undertale 

^^ bingo

A good amount of Minecraft YouTubers and a surprising majority of the community is kinda garbage and very fucking cringey, even if you specifically aren't.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

^^ bingo

A good amount of Minecraft YouTubers and a surprising majority of the community is kinda garbage and very fucking cringey, even if you specifically aren't.

That’s exactly my issue, I feel like I’m gonna instantly be judged just because it’s a minecraft video.

#BudgetMasterRace

CPU: Pentium G4560  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 OC  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400mhz  CASE: NZXT S340  POWER SUPPLY: EVGA 500B MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B250M-DS3H  STORAGE: 1tb Wd Blue 7200rpm hdd  MOUSE: Redragon M711 Cobra Chroma RGB 

KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe  MICROPHONE: Blue Snowball  DISPLAY: Dell S2440L 1080p 60hz  HEADPHONES: Audio Technica ATH-M30X's

Just now, Zeke_ said:

That’s exactly my issue, I feel like I’m gonna instantly be judged just because it’s a minecraft video.

Unfortunately, you're gonna have to deal with it. It's a stigma that exists because a majority created that kind of stigma and branding with the community.

I think it's one part "widely varying fanbase" and one part "done to death"

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

Minecraft is heavily overdone and few people make Minecraft gameplay videos interesting.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

12 minutes ago, Enderman said:

It's because teens these days are raised to like violent shooter games instead of creative stuff that uses your imagination.

Agreed, also kids are cringy and thats normal. We'd be consider cringy if we watched how we behaved as kids

Just now, Zeke_ said:

Okay so I know that minecraft has a pretty awful fan base of younger kids. Honestly though I’ve been playing minecraft since 2013 and It’s not like it’s a bad game, it just has really Cringey little 13 year olds that take it over. I have a YouTube channel that I do let’s plays on and it’s doing fairly well. I don’t want to start any hate here I just want to ask, why do minecraft videos get automatically branded as “Cringe”? I would love to do some minecraft videos but I don’t want to have the instant hate and judgement that automatically comes with making a minecraft video. Any thoughts? 

I think for me part of the issue with minecraft videos is not how they are "cringy" but more of how incredibly boring and dry 99% of all minecraft videos are. You either get to choose between a grown man playing the game with little to no creative editing for 30 minutes or a 7 year old playing Skywars on his mom's celeron laptop. I think the game is fun as well, but in 2017, I think that people who want to make minecraft videos should at least try to make them more unique. To be frank, I don't think most people would find ANYONE playing Minecraft with as little editing as most videos have interesting. So my suggestion is to try to use more heavy editing or come up with some kind of series that isn't just a modded let's play or playing on a server.

Spoiler

My main desktop, "Rufus":

Spoiler

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120

RAM: 2x8gb Corsair Vengence DDR4 Red LED @ 3066mt/s

Motherboard: MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon

GPU: XFX RX 580 GTR XXX White 

Storage: Mushkin ECO3 256GB SATA3 SSD + Some hitachi thing

PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650W

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

Retro machine:

Spoiler

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550

CPU Cooler: Stock heatsink

RAM: GSkill 4gb DDR2 1066mt/s

Motherboard: Asus P5n-e SLI

GPU: 8800 GTS 640mb, I swap between that and my 8800 GTS 512mb

Storage: Seagate 320gb right from 2006

PSU: Ultra 600W 

Case: Deepcool Tesseract SW

OS: Windows XP SP3 32-bit, Linux Mint 18.2 Cinnamon 64-bit, Manjaro Deepin x64 (sorta)

Mac Pro Early 2008: Dual Xeon X5482s w/ 32GB RAM & HD 5770 running macOS High Sierra

More PC's

17 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

Agreed, also kids are cringy and thats normal. We'd be consider cringy if we watched how we behaved as kids

People younger than you will always be cringy in your eyes :P

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

People younger than you will always be cringy in your eyes :P

Yup, kids should be able to do what they want and not be judged. Its when they do it at 30 is when it's questionable

31 minutes ago, Zeke_ said:

30 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Unfortunately, you're gonna have to deal with it. It's a stigma that exists because a majority created that kind of stigma and branding with the community.

just do tf2 videos those totally don't have the high chance of being unoriginal or cringey

Actually on second thought, I think tf2 would be a better choice than Minecraft clearly no bias here

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

11 hours ago, wcreek said:

just do tf2 videos those totally don't have the high chance of being unoriginal or cringey

Actually on second thought, I think tf2 would be a better choice than Minecraft clearly no bias here

you're either a shitty pro youtuber or a 13 year old who thinks they can get famous off of attempting to frag as spy in a harvest pub

there's no in between unless you shitpost

On 11/18/2017 at 11:36 PM, Zeke_ said:

I have a YouTube channel that

why do videos get automatically branded as “Cringe”?

I would love to do some videos but I don’t want to have the instant hate and judgement that automatically comes with making a video.

Any thoughts? 

Yeah, I fixed it. 

No no matter what you make, people hate it and will send you death threats. That’s just how the internet works. Markiplier talked about how he was scared of it in the early days but realized there’s plenty of people that enjoy it. 

Pew die pie recently mentioned briefly that he gets countless death threats. 

This is rule 18, though I urge you to learn the whole number rules. Or all the whole number rules under 100. (There’s over a thousand. Most under 40 are relevant but then a few in 60~ are valid. Most rest are stupid) 

http://rulesoftheinternet.com/