Samsung Galaxy S4 Catches On Fire, Samsung Wants You to Keep Quiet

snowComet

Great thing about Apple is that they actually replace your stuff, no questions asked, if it's a known problem.  Even if you bring in an out of warranty Mac that is having a problem, like I did, they diagnose the problem for free, meanwhile a PC repair shop will charge you for everything.

Well you already paid 3 times the price of whatever they could charge you if it gets broken in the next 10 years so thats why its free for Mac. Shame on whoever doesn't fix their own PC, not for the lack of knowledge(everything is on the internet) but for the lack of trying.

PC Gaming forever...

So.. Everyone go crazy with this video.

There are 3 reasons i dont trust this video.

1. No Samsung Logo on the letter.(official letter from any company have to put their logo in front page)

2. He was linking his facebook to get the letter.(advertisement?)

3. Li-thium batteries dont explode from heat nor fire.(his exaggeration with exploding battery is just to scare people. Or maybe hes just dumb. In other hand, Li-Po battery explodes)

So in this case, i wouldnt trust his words unless he provides additional information. Or atleast something that is legit.

Also about these Samsung vs iPhone battles. Both are great phones. Samsung packs more power. And iPhones are easier to use. I have both iPhone 5 and Note 2. And there is no actual winner. The meaning of "better" always depend on personal experiences or needs. If you like simple and quick tasks, iPhone is better. If you want powerful and bigger phone, Note series is better. Now stop hating eachother and stick to the topic.

Oh Samsung... Was it too hard to just replace his phone when it burned up. Don't you have any pride? If I was you I would take a look on my phones and try preventing this from happening again...

I'm still running on my core i7-920

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs

Great thing about Apple is that they actually replace your stuff, no questions asked, if it's a known problem.  Even if you bring in an out of warranty Mac that is having a problem, like I did, they diagnose the problem for free, meanwhile a PC repair shop will charge you for everything.

My uncles Iphones Camera got so hot that it melted and become unusable. Apple did nothing to fix it.

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs

My uncles Iphones Camera got so hot that it melted and become unusable. Apple did nothing to fix it.

If it's a known problem, that is not.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

People need to stop overreacing. If you own Samsung and you replace someone's phone in the rare event that it caught fire. (seriously, there are millions of them out there.) and that person posted a video about it, wouldn't you ask them nicely to remove it. Simple logic. Did they go to his house and beat him to a pulp after warning him to remove the video? NO. I really don't understand why this is news

Overrating? If anyone overreacted it was Samsung with that Legal Document... If Samsung had just replaced the phone at once and apologized people would only have reacted mildly to this.

I am 20 year old going to college and I have not a single fucking clue how business work, but I am 100% I could have handled this situation much better, possibly getting samsung free marketing.

Guy uploaded a video with samsung that caught on fire. Video gets a lot of views on youtube with some viewers demanding follow up.

Samsung replaces the phone for free. Author makes a follow up video. After couple days major tech websites catch up and post about good customer service. 

See Samsung. Not a rocket science.

Overrating? If anyone overreacted it was Samsung with that Legal Document... If Samsung had just replaced the phone at once and apologized people would only have reacted mildly to this.

So if you were Samsung, you would have been fine with a video bashing them? 

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Clearly u don't know phones then.

Just saying... Buying a overpriced, overspeced, oversized "phone" which you cannot hold with one hand, does not seem like a smart choice...

Iphone 5s is overpriced, but has a good feel and is not gimmicky as fuck like samsungs latest products. 

HTC one on the other hand, has amazing build quality with many innovative ideas which unlike Samsungs, you actually use. Plus large hand people like me can use it with one hand with no problem.

So cut the fanboy wars trying to justify your investment on the internet, Imo Note series is alright, but not a good phone. 

On topic, this is discusting, i know another person with this issue (phone battery % decreasing even when charging). Samsung really used cheap materials to make this phone and people should know and look beyond the aurora of it's branding.

:/

HTC one on the other hand, has amazing build quality with many innovative ideas which unlike Samsungs, you actually use. Plus large hand people like me can use it with one hand with no problem.
How is the HTC One innovative? The HTC One is a pretty big phone by the way, even bigger than the Galaxy S 4. Also, feeling premium is not the same as "amazing build quality". You can have a product that *feels* high quality and premium, but actually has terrible build quality with sloppy soldering jobs, low quality NAND and stuff like that.

Samsung really used cheap materials to make this phone and people should know and look beyond the aurora of it's branding.

Source? I'd like to see some numbers which shows that the plastic they use is cheap.

Plastic can sometimes be even more expensive than aluminum (which is a cheap material by the way).

How is the HTC One innovative? The HTC One is a pretty big phone by the way, even bigger than the Galaxy S 4. Also, feeling premium is not the same as "amazing build quality". You can have a product that *feels* high quality and premium, but actually has terrible build quality with sloppy soldering jobs, low quality NAND and stuff like that.

Source? I'd like to see some numbers which shows that the plastic they use is cheap.

Plastic can sometimes be even more expensive than aluminum (which is a cheap material by the way).

Haven't heard about com busting batteries on the HTC side of things

htc-one-vs-galaxy-s4-0.jpg

Pretty much the same size, beside thickness. and as i was speaking about the Note 3. there is no comparison

and im not going full techie about this. no clue about NANDS etc... but from my experience with the ONE and the S4, from multiple users i've seen battery issues (using GPS and charging would still lower battery %). and cheap externals= higher chance of breaking. 

And the One can be held with one hand, which is why i like it. S4 can be too, but the downsides of the gimmicks and pricing just are not worth it. at least where i am.

Oh, reasons that the One is innovative

frontal dual speakers. 

Highest PPI screen at the day even now.

Ultrapixel camera

Blinkfeed.

One of the first or the first android with a full unibody aluminum chasis, and a complete change in design from HTC's previous attempts

How the S4 is innovative.

Bigger screen.

And all of that junkware samsung adds to make it look like one.

You must be joking me right? HTC kicks samsung arse any day of the week.

SAMSUNG SUCKS . ITS A SHIT COMPANY. END OF.

Edit: Apple > HTC > Nokia > Blackberry > Cheapo phones > Samsung.

SAMSUNG SUCKS AND THATS FINAL. THEY ARE A SHIT COMPANY. SO WHAT IF I DONT PROVIDE YOUR DIRTY LITTLE '"EVIDENCE". ITS A SHIT COMPANY. END OF.

I can't work out if you are trolling or just irrational?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

SAMSUNG SUCKS AND THATS FINAL. THEY ARE A SHIT COMPANY. SO WHAT IF I DONT PROVIDE YOUR DIRTY LITTLE '"EVIDENCE". ITS A SHIT COMPANY. END OF.

For a moment there I thought I was on Apple Insider.

iPhone 5s my friend. It beats the crap out of rubbish unreliable samsung products. I bought a 2012 smart tv samsung which lasted a year and a half, whilst i still have a retro 1980's Toshiba TV in the attic that works just fine. Goes to tell you that Samsung have appalling quality and i will never ever buy a samsung product again, whether it be a TV, a phone, a fridge or a washing machine.... 

LG TV's and Apple phones or HTC Phones are the stuff you should buy. At least they have very good quality.

Edit: Just realised, if you want the most reliable phone get a Nokia 3310 :)

You know there is still 25% of Samsung parts in your Iphone right?And the older ones had close to 75% Components built by Samsung..So you have those  rubbish unreliable samsung products in your Reliable Iphone.. :lol: 

You know there is still 25% of Samsung parts in your Iphone right?And the older ones had close to 75% Components built by Samsung..So you have those  rubbish unreliable samsung products in your Reliable Iphone.. :lol: 

I don't have an iPhone ;)

I can't work out if you are trolling or just irrational?

For a moment there I thought I was on Apple Insider.

But I do not own an iPhone. I have a HTC One.

This is not about owning an iphone, your post is purely putting hate on Samsung without rational argument.  Therefore either troll or irrational.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Then why are you going around fanboying about a product you don't own?

And why are you proceeding to bash another manufacturer without any thought or reason?

Yes, we get it. The iPhone is god's greatest ever gift to mankind and not even the most futuristic piece of technology can ever out achieve what it did for mankind as a species, and Samsung should be banished to the depths of hell for first world problems, next please.

htc-one-vs-galaxy-s4-0.jpg

Pretty much the same size, beside thickness. and as i was speaking about the Note 3. there is no comparison

and im not going full techie about this. no clue about NANDS etc... but from my experience with the ONE and the S4, from multiple users i've seen battery issues (using GPS and charging would still lower battery %). and cheap externals= higher chance of breaking. 

And the One can be held with one hand, which is why i like it. S4 can be too, but the downsides of the gimmicks and pricing just are not worth it. at least where i am.

frontal dual speakers. 

Ultrapixel camera

Blinkfeed.

One of the first or the first android with a full unibody aluminum chasis, and a complete change in design from HTC's previous attempts

Bigger screen.

I only have 1 arm and I can use my GS4 with zero issues.And It has the highest PPI because it is the smallest 1080p phone out lol.Do you undewrstand how PPI works?

The speakers on the ONE are nice but the Ultra pixel camera sucks..The One and GS4 are pretty much the same size but the GS4 has a bigger screen.But you can't handle 5in in your hand i guess.. :lol:

If you're just talking about battery life issues then it has a ton of them. You can just as easily find people complaining about it as people complaining about the Galaxy S 4's battery life (and the Note 3 has far better than both the S4 and HTC One). The reason why you haven't heard of it is because you are either not looking for them (unlike you looking for Samsung phones with battery issues) or you are ignoring the evidence that contradict your predetermined POV.

but from my experience with the ONE and the S4, from multiple users i've seen battery issues (using GPS and charging would still lower battery %). and cheap externals= higher chance of breaking.

First thing first. Anecdotal evidence is completely useless in a serious debate like "which phone has better build quality". You can't just go "Samsung phones have terrible build quality, HTC rules xD!" and then in the next sentence go "I have no idea about failure rates or the quality of components each company use, but someone I know had issues with his phone". Don't have any solid evidence? Then don't make claims like that.

Again, can you prove that the Galaxy S 4 has cheap externals? Please bear in mind that just because it feels cheap (which glossy plastic does) does not mean it is cheap. Like I said before, aluminum is a really cheap material compared to even some types of plastic, yet it feels more premium. I really dislike this trend when "build quality" no longer means how high the quality of the components and the device itself is, but instead it means "how premium it feels in my hand". In hand feel and build quality are two different things.

By the way, aluminum is far more brittle than the plastic Samsung uses. There isn't really any higher risk that it will break if you drop it. Plastic will absorb the impact while aluminum will either transfer the shock to the internal components, or get chipped.

Well where I am the Galaxy S 4 is cheaper than the HTC One, and it many countries they are the same price. Gimmicks are not a bad thing either. At worst they are useless (which is not the same thing as bad) and at best they can be useful (personally I like for example being able to use it with gloves on).

frontal dual speakers. 

Ultrapixel camera

Blinkfeed.

Front facing speakers I can kind of agree was innovative. We had it in devices like tablets before but not in a smartphone (that I know of).

High PPI is not innovative.

The "Ultrapixel" camera is just a regular camera with with bigger sensors for each pixel. Not innovative.

How is Blinkfeed innovative? It's just a locked down RSS reader. You have been able to do the exact same thing plus more with other apps for ages.

To be innovative you have to be more than "one of the first", and trust me, there were a lot of other Android phones with unibody aluminum chassis. The Huawei Vision and the HTC Legend being two of them. It's not innovative just because it is the first *Android* phone to have it, if phones with other OSes have had it before either.

You don't seem to understand the definition of "innovative". Please don't use words you don't understand.

Bigger screen.

When did I say it was innovative? Using the front facing camera for things like pausing video, rotate the screen and turn off the screen are pretty innovative, but most of those came with the Galaxy S 3. Bigger screen is not innovative by the way.

Please.... Please tell me you are either joking or a troll. If you are serious then I pity you.

I can't help but smile at the "HTC kicks samsung arse any day of the week". It's like a little kid going "my dad can beat your dad!".

Edit:

The speakers on the ONE are nice but the Ultra pixel camera sucks..

I disagree. I think the camera in the HTC One is really good. It suffers a bit from the low pixel count in well lit situations, but it is fantastic for poorly lit situations such as most indoor shots.

People complain about their phones because they OWN the freaking phone. So saying things like "oh galaxy s4 sucks. I heard complains from my friend" is just obvious. I own iPhone 5 so i make complains about them. Such as inaccurate touch sensor at the edge of the screen, wifi issues, not all app supports iphone 5 screen ratio, and etc etc. i could also say HTC One sucks because they been falling behind in smartphone scene for a long time. But my statement is invalid since i dont own one.

Basically my point is, if you dont own one, dont even complain.

Ps. "Samsung has terrible build quality" made me laugh. Afaik Samsung is the only company that can make all the components and assemble together as whole.

I only have 1 arm and I can use my GS4 with zero issues.And It has the highest PPI because it is the smallest 1080p phone out lol.Do you undewrstand how PPI works?

The speakers on the ONE are nice but the Ultra pixel camera sucks..The One and GS4 are pretty much the same size but the GS4 has a bigger screen.But you can't handle 5in in your hand i guess.. :lol:

I wasn't speaking on the s4 rather on the note 3

is it me or does the charger he was using look like an apple one? 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Just saying... Buying a overpriced, overspeced, oversized "phone" which you cannot hold with one hand, does not seem like a smart choice...

Iphone 5s is overpriced, but has a good feel and is not gimmicky as fuck like samsungs latest products. 

So cut the fanboy wars trying to justify your investment on the internet, Imo Note series is alright, but not a good phone. 

On topic, this is discusting, i know another person with this issue (phone battery % decreasing even when charging). Samsung really used cheap materials to make this phone and people should know and look beyond the aurora of it's branding.

That fine. I respect your opinion. U dont like big phones and I do. Personally I love my note 3 for being big. And no fanboy but seriously? 'Not a good phone' it has the highest end specs out there (which is half performance and half bragging right ie 4k, 3gb ram etc etc) but also it never lags on touchwiz which is a first, multitasking and its battery covers the iphone screen! Though at the end of thw day its ur money and phones imo are soley opnion based and you should just get what you think looks/is best. Thata y i got the note 3 is becoz its stunningly beautiful and is imo the best phone out there. :)

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!