8K VR Headset from China – BS marketing, very cool experience…

This was unexpected...

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

For real though guys, the package design is what's going to send these units flying off store shelves.

image.png.f2a3e59dc9e990f8eaafd40691d0d816.png

(Yes, I know this is just what they shipped/brought it in, just found it humorous)

2 video's? What could be the reason for such great gift from the masters at LMG?

Anyway, it's nice to finally see VR again and where it's heading.

Mixing controllers, lighthouses and headsets is imo the best way to go. It doesn't really solve the high price to get started but it does solve the issue that you need to buy a lot of stuff with each generation. Keeping it sort of modulair like a pc is imo really great. Also allowing multiple brands making hardware with basically the same functionality is a great way to make sure there's both low-end and high-end options available.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

This is pretty exciting, I just wish they'd keep their claims a bit more realistic.

I agree the 8K is misleading, plus a few demo experiences I've read have said they've been a bit misleading with refresh rates, saying 90Hz when they really mean "It will run at 90Hz at launch but the prototype currently runs at 75/80/whatever".

What refresh rate was this model running at? The CEO said v2 and v3 run at 75Hz, so I assume that. (Source)

I'm also pretty sceptical that they added on eye tracking so late on in the kickstarter and its apparently coming out so soon.

I'd love to see it work out, but I can't help but feel its going to be pretty late after its launch date, or if not then just not be as polished as it should be.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Is TunnelBear paying time in a half for this sponsorship? Being it was Sunday and all...

this is a quality video on the 'old' 4k model

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

I wouldn't put my money expecting ANYTHING from company that sells 2x 4K as 8K.
I would love to see >1080p VR headset, but I don't think HW is ready. Neither low-latecny 4K@90 nor high-latency upscaled.
---
... also. Why do we treat all TV as "garbage gaming displays" cause they add some latency to picture, but we are completely fine with even higher latencies in VR experience?