Is evga GTX 980 Ti HC still viable?

Mad_gamer

Hi!

I'm considering buying a prebuild custom PC for gaming and was wondering if this card is still viable to play modern triple A game with decent graphic and fps.

Sorry if the question is stupid or if I've made a mistake in my post, I'm trying to get started :)

Thank you for your help!

P.-S.

Here's the full build:

image.png.18fb6b952bd52f6a1d5eded08adabdd4.png

Price asked: 1700$

Does it seems legit?

A 1070 or 1070ti will perform better.

Also that build is outdated and overpriced.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Assumein USD if you can get 1000 for it then that would be a good deal 

My life

Canadian here too. Sorry, I forgot to specify that.

2 minutes ago, Mad_gamer said:

Canadian here too. Sorry, I forgot to specify that.

then around 1500 ish

My life

2 minutes ago, Himommies said:

then around 1500 ish

Is this still able to play good modern game or should I just build a new one from scrap? (Knowing that CAD is pretty bad at the moment)

A 980 Ti performs like a 1070, and a 6700k performs like an i5 8400. So those previous-generation high-end parts are equivalent to current-generation upper-midrange parts. It will play games fine, but that system might be a little overpriced, I don't know Canadian prices

Primary: CPU Core i7-4790K  |  MOBO Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H   |  RAM 24GB Crucial DDR3-1600 CL9  |  GPU XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS Black Edition  |  CPU Cooler Thermaltake Frio Silent 14  |  Case Cooler Master N400  |  PSU Corsair CXM 750 Watt |  Boot Drive 500GB Samsung 850 Evo  |  Storage 500GB WD Laptop HDD + 2TB Toshiba HDD + 250GB WD Laptop HDD + 250GB WD Laptop HDD + 4TB WD Blue HDD  |  Monitor Acer XG270HU  |  Secondary Monitor Nixeus VUE-24  |  Tertiary Monitor Sony SDM-HS53  |  OS Windows 10

Secondary: (down for maintenance) CPU Core 2 Quad Q9300  |  MOBO (Asus P5N-E arriving soon)  |  RAM 8GB DDR2-800  |  GPU Visiontek Radeon R9 270  | CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper T2  |  Case Rajintek Arcadia  |  PSU EVGA 500 BV  |  Boot Drive 240GB PNY SSD  |  Storage 120GB Seagate PATA HDD  |  Removable Drives Sony PATA DVD RW Drive + 3.5 inch Floppy Drive  |  Monitor HP S2031  |  OS Windows 10

44 minutes ago, Mad_gamer said:

Is this still able to play good modern game or should I just build a new one from scrap? (Knowing that CAD is pretty bad at the moment)

wait for black friday

My life

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

I know this as been a while since the last message, but the seller of the build above (that I have put here for your convenience) texted me back now asking 1400$ CAD for the build. Do you think this is getting more reasonable?

I'm also considering building one completely new with Black Friday incoming but I feel like the price of the canadian dollar is still pretty low which is why I was looking for prebuild computer.

Thank you!

image.png.647ead88fc401aa75fa6e14d3680578d.png

8 minutes ago, Mad_gamer said:

I'm also considering building one completely new with Black Friday incoming

Well you are a week away from black Friday why not wait and see what deals are out then.  If you can snag some good deals go forward with the new build.  If the deals aren't that great see if the system is still available.  Also don't be afraid to ask for a lower price, the worst thing he can tell you is no.  Sounds to me that he wants to get some black Friday deals also.  Probably why he lowered the price and texting you back now a week away.

@Beowulff83

Yeah, he told me he was selling it because he wasn't into gaming anymore, but I think I should consider your point of waiting for black friday at this time. Also, I've just noticed that he dropped the price 2 times in 20 days might look like he wants to get rid of it and be ready to re-negotiate.

2 minutes ago, Mad_gamer said:

Yeah, he told me he was selling it because he wasn't into gaming anymore, but I think I should consider your point of waiting for black friday at this time. Also, I've just noticed that he dropped the price 2 times in 20 days might look like he wants to get rid of it and be ready to re-negotiate.

I would low ball him now and see what he does if you can get it for a steal, jump on it if not it will make him think a little bit and give you time for Black Friday 

5 hours ago, Mad_gamer said:

Hey!

I know this as been a while since the last message, but the seller of the build above (that I have put here for your convenience) texted me back now asking 1400$ CAD for the build. Do you think this is getting more reasonable?

I'm also considering building one completely new with Black Friday incoming but I feel like the price of the canadian dollar is still pretty low which is why I was looking for prebuild computer.

Thank you!

image.png.647ead88fc401aa75fa6e14d3680578d.png

I just put together a similar pc for my nephew, I wouldn't give him more than $1100. Just my two cents.

12 minutes ago, vrdublu said:

I just put together a similar pc for my nephew, I wouldn't give him more than $1100. Just my two cents.

1400 in Canadian dollars, so around 1090 USD.

$1000 cad, the system i put together for my nephew cost $600 minus a gpu. So $100 cad is about right.

$200 for same cpu brand new, $100 for 8gb ram, $125 for z270 board, 800w psu $60, $90 for phanteks case. I threw in a 480gb sd but can be had for about $100. Roughly $600. Everything but the psu and ssd were brand new, not used.